ChargePoint Network and CarWings?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrys3255

I just learned about the ChargePoint Network of changing stations from the Forum user who responded to my request for energy info. Are these charge stations included in the CarWings stations update? It does not appear to be included but perhaps I am missing something. If not, then it really should be.

Larry

larrys3255 said:
I just learned about the ChargePoint Network of changing stations from the Forum user who responded to my request for energy info. Are these charge stations included in the CarWings stations update? It does not appear to be included but perhaps I am missing something. If not, then it really should be.

Larry
I agree that it should be. I've asked them about this and they said they'll find out and let me know tomorrow. The next Carwings telematics update will be Aug 5th. (They only update it on a quarterly basis.)

It wouldn't hurt to put a little pressure on them - please give them a quick phone call so they know how important it is to their customers: (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738).

Update: I just got word from Nissan that they have no plans to include ChargePoint stations in the nav since "they are an independent owned company and not connected with Nissan's updates". :cry:

If this matters to you, please call Nissan so they know how important it is to their customers: (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738).

I called Nissan about ChargePoint and said that it was crazy not to include independent companies providing charge stations in the CarWings update. Otherwise CarWings would essentially simply tell you where Nissan Dealers were located.

Larry

johnr said:
Update: I just got word from Nissan that they have no plans to include ChargePoint stations in the nav since "they are an independent owned company and not connected with Nissan's updates". :cry:

If this matters to you, please call Nissan so they know how important it is to their customers: (877) NO GAS EV (or 877-664-2738).
This is strange as I currently have some local ChargePoint stations listed in CarWings. These aren't ones that were added just because I plugged into them too.

1. Apparently Nissan has been updating its Carwings database much more frequently than "quarterly". Whenever they add stations in an area, I seem to be able to get "frequent" updates whenever I ask for updates.

2. I agree, unless Nissan includes (with different icons perhaps) ALL "public" charging locations, including ChargePoint and Blink, etc., then Carwings is essentially USELESS. Even now, one cannot even be sure of getting a charge at the locations presently-listed by Carwings.

3. Even the listed Nissan Dealer locations might be closed, be busy charging their own cars for many hours, just refuse charging, have their charging locations blocked, or actually be out-of-service.

4. Without current (and actual real-time) status, any "used-to-be-there" static-type (Carwings) database is likely to become ... essentially a bad joke.

garygid said:
1. Apparently Nissan has been updating its Carwings database much more frequently than "quarterly". Whenever they add stations in an area, I seem to be able to get "frequent" updates whenever I ask for updates.
I think the OP meant automatic updates. Anyone can get them anytime by sending a request.

Even the listed Nissan Dealer locations might be closed, be busy charging their own cars for many hours, just refuse charging, have their charging locations blocked, or actually be out-of-service.
I always call the Nissan dealer for availability before I visit.

CarWings is a total joke. In the Bay Area they display a small minority of available charging stations, and some stations they display (Fenwick and West in Mountain View) is for customer and employee only. I'm very disappointed in it.

I figured pretty much from the get go that Carwings just won't really be functional till the charging network gets off the ground. I think we are seeing a beta product that will eventually be able to do what it's supposed to do. For now I can rely on it to tell me if the car is charging and allows me to turn on climate control and boost from 80% to 100% and that's about it, still useful but limited. I try and keep in mind that we are at the beginning.

I just hope it is actually usable BEFORE I sell the car! :lol:

GaslessInSeattle said:
I figured pretty much from the get go that Carwings just won't really be functional till the charging network gets off the ground. I think we are seeing a beta product that will eventually be able to do what it's supposed to do. For now it can rely on it to tell me if the car is charging and allows me to turn on climate control and boost from 80% to 100% and that's about it, still useful but limited. I try and keep in mind that we are at the beginning.

In addition to tracking only a small subset of charging stations, CARWING's energy tracking seems very inaccurate. It tends to record only 60% of my driving miles. I've driven about 2500 miles so far, but CARWING driving history only shows about 1500.

This is strange as I currently have some local ChargePoint stations listed in CarWings. These aren't ones that were added just because I plugged into them too.

Hi
That is strange. I dont have any ChargePoint stations listed in CarWings, even where I know for certain there are some. What am I doing wrong?
Larry

Back