ChargePoint BAAQMD $700 rebate for charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EVSE is the CT500, which is "discounted" to $900 + tax, call it $1K. Be careful with the install quote, seems like the minimum (if you fight) is $350 (+ permit). That's to install the EVSE next to a panel with room for extra breaker (dual pole).

If you actually get all $700, you would be a minimum of $650+ after three years. Apparently, Chargepoint writes the checks every year, so you are betting they will stay in business that long.

After three years you may need to renew the Chargepoint service plan - cost unknown.

Seems like this is most useful for Chargepoint fans, people that want to track their electricity usage all on Chargepoint, otherwise you can get an EVSE from a big box hardware store and your own electrician for similar money and not be waiting by your mailbox for 3 years.

Has anyone else taken advantage of this offer? Is the ChargePoint CT500 a decent quality EVSE? At $900 for a 30A EVSE, it's about the same price as other options like the Aerovironment, Seimens Versacharge, and GE Wattstation. But you get $700 rebate back over the next three years ($233/yr). Assuming ChargePoint remains in business that long, the final cost of the EVSE is only $200. But even if they go out of business, the cost isn't any more than most alternatives.

Thoughts? What's the catch here? I'm surprised I haven't seen more discussion of this.

Yes, I got one of these. Happy with the product. Hired my own installer. I own the HW. There are no monthly fees, now or later.

I have sent them the application last month and got an email reply to confirm my request. I did that and created the chargepoint account for $25 ...but no communication since then ....seems like a scam to me !

Back