charge does not start after plugging in during timed charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlin

I have my leaf programmed to start charging @ 9PM. This has worked fine so far. However, last night I didn't get home until 10PM. But when I plugged it in, charging did not start. Instead, the dash indicators blink sequentially like it does while waiting for timed charge to start. Is this normal behavior? Is it waiting to start 9PM the next day?

ianlin said:
I have my leaf programmed to start charging @ 9PM. This has worked fine so far. However, last night I didn't get home until 10PM. But when I plugged it in, charging did not start. Instead, the dash indicators blink sequentially like it does while waiting for timed charge to start. Is this normal behavior? Is it waiting to start 9PM the next day?
Yes. Unless you need to run errands at midnight each night, wouldn't setting an end-only timer for 04:00 (or whatever hits the best power availability from your utility) be better?

Levenkay said:
ianlin said:
Yes. Unless you need to run errands at midnight each night, wouldn't setting an end-only timer for 04:00 (or whatever hits the best power availability from your utility) be better?

Correct. If you set to start at 9 pm and 9 pm has passed it will wait until the NEXT 9 pm to start.

Frankly, I find this a pain. Ultimately after much experimentation I gave up on the timers and set them to charge to 80% whenever plugged in.

Back