Ok, what did I do?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to see how much capacity I had in my 2015 Leaf, ran around until I got the --- on range and then of % of charge, then sat in the garage with the HVAC system running until the turtle light came on.
Recharged at the 24 amp setting for 2 hrs, showed something like 86% charge. Since my wife was going to town in a few hrs, put the charger on 10 amps, and let it run until it shut off. Shows about 16kwh total charge, which is about right for the 9 bar SOH.
However! now when you go to "start" (run, with the green <->) the yellow warning and "reduced motor power" comes up on the dash. Tried shutting it off and back on, right away, and the warning came back. Shut it off and waited a minute and no warning. Drove to the dump and shut it off, while un-loading, no warning when I re started.
However if I let it sit in the driveway for a coupla hrs the warning comes back, you have to shut it off, wait a minute and than re start to clear it. Drives fine, and the BCM seams to be re adjusting the range and SOC to better match the battery, but..
I have to get a code reader, that can read codes as I don't have one, but any ideas? did I fry the pre charge resistors or relay?

Back