CARWINGS Ends December 31st 2016

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the first time Nissan has had questionable security either...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/nissan-shutters-nissanconnect-hacking-concerns/

mikesus said:
Local dealer is refusing to do the work unless I give him the account info for nissan. Anyone else run into this?

It's the only way they can complete the install without having you there to enter the info. Just so happens I waited for my install, so they came and asked me to enter it in the car. I really don't think their motives are nefarious; after all, there's not a lot of damage they can do with your CW login.

mikesus said:
DEALER insisted wife had to go enter credentials, but she got a call that "it's done"
So much for "its impossible for them to replace it without the credentials"
Of course, "done" doesn't necessarily mean working..
Good Luck.. ;-)

desiv

The car remembers the CW credentials, all you (or dealer) needs to do after replacing the module (and programming VIN, etc. with Consult) is go into the right menu, confirm credentials, touch send, and confirm that it is OK to connect.

I had the update and the air bag recall done today. LEAF technician gave me a handout with instructions and told me it might take up to 24 hours for it to work. I waited a couple hours, followed the instructions, and the update was successful without having to renter credentials at the car or logging in to EV Connect server from a computer.

The handout with instructions shows that Nissan estimates 1.1 labor hours for the upgrade.

Gerry

Back