Can You Stop Charging Remotely?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leftie if you don’t mind can you confirm that your propilot works above 62 mph. I’m reading conflicting info on this.

Thanks.

John.

I remember the kerfuffle, but I think it ended up being revealed that it works up to at or near the car's top speed. I THINK I've used cruise at 70MPH once or twice, with PP on, but I usually drive at about 60MPH on the highway, so I'm only about 75% sure. What I'd like to know is at what speed the Automatic Emergency Braking stops working...

LeftieBiker said:
Leftie if you don’t mind can you confirm that your propilot works above 62 mph. I’m reading conflicting info on this.

Thanks.

John.

I remember the kerfuffle, but I think it ended up being revealed that it works up to at or near the car's top speed. I THINK I've used cruise at 70MPH once or twice, with PP on, but I usually drive at about 60MPH on the highway, so I'm only about 75% sure. What I'd like to know is at what speed the Automatic Emergency Braking stops working...

Thanks. We will occasionally have to travel between BC and Palm Springs so freeway speeds are important.

Thanks again.

LeftieBiker said:
This is something that Nissan has never implemented. The only way to stop charging remotely is to use an EVSE (charging station) with either a timer, or a WiFi app that you use entirely apart from Nissan Connect EV.
Thanks to everyone for the helpful discussion! (it's kinda beyond me — especially living where it's cold — why this functionality has not been implemented by Nissan. Go figure.
LeftieBiker said:
BTW, would you mind if I change the title of this topic to: "Can You Stop Charging Remotely?" It would be much more useful that way for future site searches.
Of course!

GerryAZ said:
Pressing the J1772 release button tells the onboard charger that it is being unplugged so the charger quickly ramps current down to 0 to eliminate arcing.

I'd like to use this functionality to control the EVSE using a normal wall timer outlet. I only need a single off/on/off cycle per 24 hours. Has anyone tried this? Any known reasons why it won't work?

I'm an EE so I have enough knowledge about the basics of electricity and safety but I don't know what will happen if the J1772 plug is installed but the handle is 'held open' for many hours, etc.

goldbrick said:
GerryAZ said:
Pressing the J1772 release button tells the onboard charger that it is being unplugged so the charger quickly ramps current down to 0 to eliminate arcing.

I'd like to use this functionality to control the EVSE using a normal wall timer outlet. I only need a single off/on/off cycle per 24 hours. Has anyone tried this? Any known reasons why it won't work?

I'm an EE so I have enough knowledge about the basics of electricity and safety but I don't know what will happen if the J1772 plug is installed but the handle is 'held open' for many hours, etc.

Many charging stations do exactly this. The pilot signal is removed so that the charging station can delay or stop charging on a time schedule.

Or stop charging remotely.

Back