C237 Bluetooth firmware

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWhite

I checked the firmware releases for my 2011 LEAF. It shows Bluetooth Firmware revision C230. I see that the current LEAF's have version C237.

Does anyone know if this newer firmware comes with any goodies or fixes worth getting?

Are Bluetooth firmware revisions specific to Year Models or not?

JP

If you're looking at the diagnostics screen, those don't ever seem to update - even after the dealer does upgrades. It seems to only reflect what it was when the car was built... I KNOW I've had various firmware updates (I see both the effects of them and the paper from my dealer describing the updates done) but that diagnostics screen still lists the original version.

GeekEV said:
If you're looking at the diagnostics screen, those don't ever seem to update - even after the dealer does upgrades. It seems to only reflect what it was when the car was built... I KNOW I've had various firmware updates (I see both the effects of them and the paper from my dealer describing the updates done) but that diagnostics screen still lists the original version.

So the only way to tell what version s/w you have is to ask the dealer? The diagnostic screen is of no value?

TomT said:
Pretty much so, yes...

JPWhite said:
So the only way to tell what version s/w you have is to ask the dealer? The diagnostic screen is of no value?

Or it could be a different firmware. Computers have multiple fw's... each component has its own flash fw. Maybe just haven't changed it yet. I know working on HP servers that they don't change the bios often, if ever, but the components themselves change with almost every OS change.

Still not getting it.

I understand that the recent software update we got a letter about back in April this year updated the LEAF's TCU to version to 627.

My diagnostics screen shows 627 as being installed. No way that it would have had 627 in July 2011 when I took delivery.

Me thinks dealers are misleading us on this. I find it hard to comprehend how a 'hidden' diagnostic screen, probably intended for technicians would not be of any value in determining software revisions.

The diagnostics info screen is valid. Yes, including the "versions" listed.

Service departments won't update firmware, etc. for anything in your vehicle unless it's part of a specific update that applies to your VIN. In many cases, they don't even have the ability to. In the vehicle world, the general mantra is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it."

So, in a nutshell... that "C230" firmware for Bluetooth is currently as good as it gets for your VIN. There are no known improvements in Bluetooth behavior in newer LEAFs. No worries.

grommet said:
In the vehicle world, the general mantra is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it."
Sorry to go OT, but how I wish that was true of all shops - especially dealers. ;)

grommet said:
The diagnostics info screen is valid. Yes, including the "versions" listed.

Service departments won't update firmware, etc. for anything in your vehicle unless it's part of a specific update that applies to your VIN. In many cases, they don't even have the ability to. In the vehicle world, the general mantra is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it."

So, in a nutshell... that "C230" firmware for Bluetooth is currently as good as it gets for your VIN. There are no known improvements in Bluetooth behavior in newer LEAFs. No worries.

Lots of LEAF owners are tech savvy, so not updating firmware will rub the customer the wrong way. Just because I don't know what a firmware fixes doesn't mean to say it isn't worth having or avoid a problem I haven't experienced yet.

Quite the clash of cultures, tech savvy consumer and Car company/mechanic.

I *KNOW* they updated my main firmware. Sorry, I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I have a work order from the dealer saying firmware X upgraded to Y and I see the new door open warnings, etc., that weren't there before so I know it's been done. However, the diagnostic screen had an entry for X before the upgrade and still shows X it. Y appears nowhere on it. The firmware version numbers are cryptic enough I find it highly unlikely there's ANOTHER firmware somewhere with X that it's referring to instead...

Shrug.

GeekEV, the "firmware info" on the telematics display represents the telematics related firmware revisions only... not any other parts of the car. So the "open door warning" added as part of the voluntary recall, or last year's GOM update... will not be reflected here.

So the telematics firmware just happens to have the same funky revision number as the main firmware the dealer upgraded? That's an unfortunate naming convention if so...

Android 2.2 isn't significantly different from 4.0 and yet I think that most people on this forum would rather have 4.0. Sometimes the little things can be the world.

grommet said:
GeekEV, the "firmware info" on the telematics display represents the telematics related firmware revisions only... not any other parts of the car. So the "open door warning" added as part of the voluntary recall, or last year's GOM update... will not be reflected here.
The "open door warning" update when applied reflects as an update to the TCU version when checking versions in the AV unit.

I do believe that any updates to the BMS system are not reflected in the AV unit if applicable, but if there were specific updates to the BMS system I believe we would have heard of it in a TSB by now.

Newest Component Release Levels (firmware,version,software)

Hi does anyone have trouble with a 2011 Leaf phone reconition? I have a 2012 Nissan Altma and the voice cammand works grreat for the phone why do I have trouble with the 2011 leaf?

ie my leaf I say home and it comes up with 3 number that don't even have the same letter at the front letter.

just wondering. thanks

Back