Buy Leaf that sat for year?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I bought the leaf that sat for a year with about 10k miles for $18k. It was down one bar and lost another within two months. Maximum practical range is 70 miles (45mph mostly) or 60 miles freeway (65mph). Having said that my wife said tonight that the leaf is one of the best cars I purchased. It is so much fun! We have a level 2 Coldwater Creek charger that works great. Our Toyota has sat a lot this Summer. The leaf handles all our needs wonderfully. I am surprised at the range we get despite being down two bars. Day to day we don't travel far so it has exceeded our expectations. I'm thinking next Summer may knock another bar off. We'll see what happens. In the mean time it has been great. Thanks for the input that helped us decide.

speedymike said:
FWIW, I bought the leaf that sat for a year with about 10k miles for $18k. It was down one bar and lost another within two months. Maximum practical range is 70 miles (45mph mostly) or 60 miles freeway (65mph). Having said that my wife said tonight that the leaf is one of the best cars I purchased. It is so much fun! We have a level 2 Clipper Creek EVSE that works great.
In the mean time it has been great. Thanks for the input that helped us decide.
Cool. I updated your post with what I think you meant...

Hopefully you are down to 8 capacity bars within 5 year/60K miles of when it was first put into service, so you can get a free replacement battery AND previous driver(s) didn't opt out of the class action lawsuit (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

BTW, can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it. Thanks!

Back