Buy a 2015 Leaf for $11000?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
favelle75 said:
$1000 charging time? That's gotta be like 5-6 years of free driving! In my moderate commute, at 2-cents/Km, I calculate I' use about 50 cents/day max. Less than $200/year!
It's $1,000 value to be used in 2 years. All of the NRG EVgo QC's are normally $9.95 for 30 minutes. That's 100 charges. A lot but doable in 2 years if you QC often.

LeafMuranoDriver said:
favelle75 said:
$1000 charging time? That's gotta be like 5-6 years of free driving! In my moderate commute, at 2-cents/Km, I calculate I' use about 50 cents/day max. Less than $200/year!
It's $1,000 value to be used in 2 years. All of the NRG EVgo QC's are normally $9.95 for 30 minutes. That's 100 charges. A lot but doable in 2 years if you QC often.

$10 per charge? Ouch. That's robbery.

Well, after all of this research, I have decided not to get a Leaf, even for $11-12K after rebates. The deal-breaker is my wife's 66 mile round trip commute, with no nearby charging at her employment, and 3000 feet of elevation gain on the drive home. My commute is 38 miles round trip, and I would be fine, but there would be times when my wife would have to use the Leaf, and since the temps at 8000 feet in elevation are below freezing for much of the winter and occasionally well below zero, we don't want to deal with the range anxiety.

A year from now, after the 2016's are out for awhile, I'll take a look and see if one would work, but since the bigger battery is only available on the upscale models and the price is higher on top of that, the economics don't look promising.

I am also going to consider the new Volt with the 50 mile electric range, again, after a year or so of real world experience plays out.

This is a great forum, and I thank everyone who patiently answered my questions. Hope to connect again next year.

Back