BLOOMBERG: Nissan Aggravates Customers Attempting to Turn CE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HIOJim said:
As much as I hate to spoil a fanboi pile-on, from my perspective FilmMixer's experience is not unique and closely mirrors my own. The only difference is that he has not given up while I have.
With all due respect - with you having ordered nearly 4 months after FilmMixer - while your experience may feel similar to you, it is quite different. Now if another 4 months pass and you still didn't get your LEAF - you may be able to compare. I am not surprised that you didn't get a response from 'Magic Brendon (sic)' as you call him - your order is probably right on schedule looking at the big picture.

FilmMixer said:
Outside of acting as fast as I could, I was told numerous times my April 20 date and time was my shareholder.
This is incorrect - order date is what matters, not reservation date (though the two are related since your earliest order date depends on your reservation date). Whoever told you that was simply wrong, unfortunately.

FilmMixer said:
As another follow up, I emailed both Brian and Brendan. Within hours I received a personal email from Brendan and an awaiting a follow up phone call or reply.
Good luck! I hope that everything works out for you.

....snip...

FilmMixer said:
Outside of acting as fast as I could, I was told numerous times my April 20 date and time was my shareholder.
This is incorrect - order date is what matters, not reservation date (though the two are related since your earliest order date depends on your reservation date). Whoever told you that was simply wrong, unfortunately.
--snip--

From my 27 July 2010 email from Nissan :
"...thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in September 2010.

We'll send you an e-mail when it's time to work with a dealer to pick your car's color, review options and get a quote.

As you can imagine, the response for the Nissan LEAF has been tremendous. The Nissan LEAF order period will be staggered by state, and the timing of your reservation will hold your place.

As a result, orders from states with an infrastructure to support electric driving - either in place or planned - will be taken first. But no matter where you live, you'll be among the first in your area to get a LEAF."

I put the part of the statement that says timing of reservation will hold your place in bold which is what lead me to think the 20th of April was the important factor.

drees said:
...I am not surprised that you didn't get a response from 'Magic Brendon (sic)' as you call him - your order is probably right on schedule looking at the big picture.
So if Nissan feels you are 'right on schedule' they don't have to give you the courtesy of a response?

Actually, that does fit with the way I have observed them do business. I wish them the best of luck once they run through their fanboi base. They're going to need it.

HIOJim said:
drees said:
...I am not surprised that you didn't get a response from 'Magic Brendon (sic)' as you call him - your order is probably right on schedule looking at the big picture.
So if Nissan feels you are 'right on schedule' they don't have to give you the courtesy of a response?
I have no idea - but when you email upper management of any multi-national company - how often do you actually get a response? The fact that they are actually doing so is great. I'd put money that a bit more patience on your part would have gotten you your car.

HIOJim said:
Actually, that does fit with the way I have observed them do business. I wish them the best of luck once they run through their fanboi base. They're going to need it.
Call me a "fanboi" if you want - I know first hand of the information abyss regarding deliveries - and when I spoke with Brendan I told him that was my biggest disappointment with the experience so far. They know it and are working on improving the experience for future customers. If Nissan hadn't had a trifecta of significant set backs (small number of early Sept/Oct orders getting lost due to technical glitch, orders getting delayed because of EV Project, Earthquake/Tsunami, Pollen cars) things would have gone a lot smoother. But given that nearly all of those things were out of their control and that Japan is still struggling to get manufacturing up to speed because of the Earthquake/Tsunami, I'm willing to cut them some slack.

HIOJim said:

I am curious about why you are still posting on MNL, given that you cancelled your order two days ago. What is your motivation? Are you planning to make another reservation and buy some time in the future? You would certainly get a non-pollen car that way.

Stoaty said:
I am curious about why you are still posting on MNL, given that you cancelled your order two days ago. What is your motivation? Are you planning to make another reservation and buy some time in the future? You would certainly get a non-pollen car that way.
I only posted because drees responded to a prior post of mine. And I wasn't going to make that post but couldn't resist after reading that FilmMixer was being chastised for not emailing Nissan execs.

I do admit that after a year of reading this forum it's a hard habit to break. Much better than TV :) And no, I am done with Nissan so I will eventually 'leave the building' along with Daniel and wait for an EV from a customer orientated company.

U can hang out as long as u like. Would be great to hear from other EV drivers as well. I love my Leaf but am not committed to anyone for my next one

FilmMixer said:
As another follow up, I emailed both Brian and Brendan. Within hours I received a personal email from Brendan and an awaiting a follow up phone call or reply. We shall see......

Super FilmMixer! I'm sure he will help you. I wonder how many Sept. orders are still undelivered.

smkettner said:
FilmMixer said:
Update. Car came in yesterday.

Done deal. Rebate just in time.
Unbelievable :D :D A thousand congratulations to you. Was it inevitable or did the contact make it happen?

After his initial email reply and promise to call, silence.

Can't say he didn't get it moving from port to dealer quicker, buy based on other deliveries to dealership I doubt it.

Doesn't matter in the end. Got my Leaf and rebate.

9 months, 9 days from order to delivery.

One journey over, a new adventure beginning.:)

leafkabob said:
Excellent news. Congratulations. Must have been because of Brendan, no? ;)
I wish everyone had the same rosy review for Mr. Jones. He and I went through several phone calls a couple of weeks ago. He said he found a car for me prepped and ready to leave the port, gave me its VIN (which my dealer confirmed) and basically congratulated me on my new LEAF and my receipt of the $5,000 CA rebate. Since then I've watched my dashboard slip twice to its current "week of June 23," Boardwalk Nissan told me they can do nothing for me and apologized for Nissan's delivery behavior, and all my messages to Brendan, both at his office and his cell, have gone unreturned.

YMMV,

Glenn

Glenn said:
leafkabob said:
Excellent news. Congratulations. Must have been because of Brendan, no? ;)
I wish everyone had the same rosy review for Mr. Jones. He and I went through several phone calls a couple of weeks ago. He said he found a car for me prepped and ready to leave the port, gave me its VIN (which my dealer confirmed) and basically congratulated me on my new LEAF and my receipt of the $5,000 CA rebate. Since then I've watched my dashboard slip twice to its current "week of June 23," Boardwalk Nissan told me they can do nothing for me and apologized for Nissan's delivery behavior, and all my messages to Brendan, both at his office and his cell, have gone unreturned.

YMMV,

Glenn

Hi Glenn, sorry to hear of your experience. When I said it must have been because of Brendan, I was actually being a bit sarcastic, since others had given FilmMixer a hard time for not "helping himself" by making the seemingly magic phone call to Brendan. Brendan may have been able to help some, but others have reported that it didn't work out for them.

FilmMixer said:
Update. Car came in yesterday.

Done deal. Rebate just in time.
That's absolutely great. Really happy to hear that. I thought your car wasn't going to make it in time, which would have been a shame and unfair. I'm sure a few people didn't make it but it seems as if most did. Again, congratulations and enjoy your car.

Back