Best Denver Area Nissan Dealer for LEAF leases?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarchargeddriver

So, I see Boardwalk Nissan in California advertising lease rates like this:

2014 SV Lease:
MSRP: $33,045
Down Payment: $2,995
Term: 24 Months
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Payment: $129 plus tax

Meanwhile, I have a Denver, Colo dealer, Larry Miller Nissan, quoting me something a lot less attractive -->

2013 SV Lease:
MSRP: $34,580
Down Payment: $2,900
Term: 24 Months
Annual Mileage: 12,000
Payment: $291/tax included

Anyone know if any Denver area Nissan dealer would be able to get me closer to the Boardwalk Nissan (Calif.) lease numbers? If so, which Denver/Boulder area Nissan Dealer would do this?

Thank you.

Did you ever find a similar deal in Denver? I'm asking dealers to see if they can match this. I wonder if it would make economical sense to lease it there. Although how would we get them here.

Great deal, thanks for uncovering. I'll keep you posted if I have any luck.

You're right. Approximately $800 from Bay area to here. I wonder if we could get a contingency of Denver buyers to go in on it to bring it even lower. Dealer said you can return the leased car anywhere in the U.S., so it's just a matter of getting it here.

I'm going to get final lease details from dealer and I'll post them here.

So, two points.

First, take your quote from Boardwalk and email all the Nissan dealers in the Denver-Boulder-Ft Collins-Greeley area asking for their quotes. You can also include the two in the Springs and the one in Pueblo on your mailing - you never know if you might catch them at the right time. If one of them does come close, ask them to email you a scan of the lease contract and then tell them that you'll come by to sign it but will walk if they change the terms. My guess is that no one will come within $1k of the terms being offered in CA, but it's worth a shot.

Second, Boardwalk and Sunnyvale Nissan in the SF bay area do offer great leases, do a huge volume, and both are experienced with leasing and shipping out of state (I've talked to both of them about this possibility, and visited the Boardwalk dealer in person while passing by). This is important because you need a dealer who a) knows not to charge you local tax, and b) gives you all the documents you will need to register it at the Colorado DMV.

Once you get the out-of-state car any local dealer can service it, and they'll be happy to do so as they'll get warranty revenue from Nissan.

I got mine at Arapahoe Nissan - they had actually beated advertised price back in December of 2012 - those were the good days ))

Thanks to everyone for all of the replies. So, I went to Larry Miller Nissan in the Denver area again today, and I actually had to show the salesman the main Nissan LEAF web page advertising the national (suggested?) lease deals -- URL = http://tinyurl.com/m5x64qd

He said he couldn't find it. Showing him the Nissan USA page forced them to come down on the upfront money from $2,700 to $1,999, but they said they don't have a straight SV that they could lease for the national $1,999 down/$249 per month offer. Their offer for an SV lease with the Premium Package is $297.16, including tax. To be fair, this is for a 2-year lease, which I'd much prefer to a 3-year lease (which is what is advertised by Nissan USA). But it still seems high especially compared to the Boardwalk Nissan (Calif.) offers.

I think I'll try the suggestion by cgaydos to e-mail a lot of different dealers the Boardwalk numbers and see what I get bank.

I've emailed every dealer in Colorado and spoke to many on the phone and none so far are biting on Boardwalk's price, some offering prices that are laughable. I'll keep you posted.

It's surprising how much lease prices climb. Adding tax and dealer (excessive) fees can easily add +$150 to a two year lease if amortized over 24-payments.

Kilograham said:
I've emailed every dealer in Colorado and spoke to many on the phone and none so far are biting on Boardwalk's price, some offering prices that are laughable. I'll keep you posted.

It's surprising how much lease prices climb. Adding tax and dealer (excessive) fees can easily add +$150 to a two year lease if amortized over 24-payments.

You may not get any good bids. I got my leased LEAF in November 2012 when there were very strong corporate incentives - basically "sell XX LEAFs this month or we cut your quota of trucks" - and the bids I got varied from $194 to $368 per month for the same car. Those who still needed to sell a LEAF were ready to subsidize, if need be, a sale. This was before the price cuts on the 2013 LEAF jump-started sales nationally.

This is why going out of state may be worth it. In March 2013 I bought our second LEAF from out of state after finding there were almost no LEAFs available in CO and all of them were at ridiculous prices.

cgaydos said:
Kilograham said:

You may not get any good bids. I got my leased LEAF in November 2012 when there were very strong corporate incentives - basically "sell XX LEAFs this month or we cut your quota of trucks" - and the bids I got varied from $194 to $368 per month for the same car. Those who still needed to sell a LEAF were ready to subsidize, if need be, a sale. This was before the price cuts on the 2013 LEAF jump-started sales nationally.

This is why going out of state may be worth it. In March 2013 I bought our second LEAF from out of state after finding there were almost no LEAFs available in CO and all of them were at ridiculous prices.

Did you go to a California dealer?

I am in the Boulder/Denver area and just got my 2013 Leaf 'S' model with QC.

I went to Boulder Nissan and worked with Ed Olsen. He has a few 2013's left that he is trying to move.

The first lease deal offer I got on Saturday was for a total of something like $7800.00 over two years including tax, but not including DMV (i.e. registstration) charges.

I told them I wanted something closer to $6800.00 over two years including taxes.

We settled on $7000.00 including taxes for a 2 year/24K lease on Monday evening.

Let us know how this compares to the lease offers you have gotten so far.

David

solarchargeddriver said:
cgaydos said:
Kilograham said:

Did you go to a California dealer?

No, I got it from a Texas dealer. $20,440, 2011 LEAF SL with 1624 miles, "new" as in never registered thus eligible for tax credits. $750 shipping. They'd never sold any LEAFs and traded them to other dealers, but they were stuck with their demo. It arrived without Carwings enabled or any of the software updates, and battery was about 8% degraded probably due to heat. Local dealer quickly got car updated and it has run great.

I spent much of the last two weeks doing, what another forum member suggested: calling all the dealers in Colorado. And I picked up my new Leaf yesterday.

Below is a list of the best lease prices for a 24-month for a 2014 SV. The number is total cost of ownership including sales tax and dealer fees (minus end of lease fee for returning vehicle) for a 24-month lease.

Pueblo Nissan ($7,802) ($209 per month with $2,995 down)
Autonation Nissan Arapahoe ($7,919) - included LED package ($214 per month with $2,995 down)

The California dealer that started this thread price went up from $139 after you included taxes and dealer fees. Total cost of ownership was for that dealer was $8,064.

Lesson: first, second and third offers are not final offers. I just keep sending people the offers from other dealers. A few dropped out eventually and that left me with those two. End of the month gave me leverage. My first lease prices topped $400.

Zack & Clinton were great to work with at Autonation. That's where I got my car. They were trustworthy and there was never a doubt that they'd deliver what they promised. Greg at Pueblo was straight forward and honest. Marc at Woodmen Nissan was good too.

Total cost of ownership does not include Colorado rebate for leasing, which should be around $1,500 for these leases. I'll see how that shakes out later.

If you just want an S, I think you can get total cost of ownership under $7,000 easily. They have some 2013 still which should get at $6,500 total cost.

IF you visit and buy a car from, Zack or Clinton, please tell them you learned about them from me (Mark Graham) and I'll split the $100 customer recommendation money with you.

Kilograham said:
I spent much of the last two weeks doing, what another forum member suggested: calling all the dealers in Colorado. And I picked up my new Leaf yesterday.

Below is a list of the best lease prices for a 24-month for a 2014 SV. The number is total cost of ownership including sales tax and dealer fees (minus end of lease fee for returning vehicle) for a 24-month lease.

Pueblo Nissan ($7,802) ($209 per month with $2,995 down)
Autonation Nissan Arapahoe ($7,919) - included LED package ($214 per month with $2,995 down)

The California dealer that started this thread price went up from $139 after you included taxes and dealer fees. Total cost of ownership was for that dealer was $8,064.

Lesson: first, second and third offers are not final offers. I just keep sending people the offers from other dealers. A few dropped out eventually and that left me with those two. End of the month gave me leverage. My first lease prices topped $400.

Zack & Clinton were great to work with at Autonation. That's where I got my car. They were trustworthy and there was never a doubt that they'd deliver what they promised. Greg at Pueblo was straight forward and honest. Marc at Woodmen Nissan was good too.

Total cost of ownership does not include Colorado rebate for leasing, which should be around $1,500 for these leases. I'll see how that shakes out later.

If you just want an S, I think you can get total cost of ownership under $7,000 easily. They have some 2013 still which should get at $6,500 total cost.

IF you visit and buy a car from, Zack or Clinton, please tell them you learned about them from me (Mark Graham) and I'll split the $100 customer recommendation money with you.

Sounds like you did a great job.

You're absolutely right about end of month and that the first offers aren't necessarily the last offer. A lot of dealers don't like it if you put them in a bidding war ("Roadside Nissan just beat your latest offer -let me know if you can beat their latest offer and i'll call them back") and may drop out of the bidding - but if you call and say "thank you for the offer, but I'm going with a better one" that gives them the chance to re-bid ... and many of them will.

It's also good to hear good bidding from Pueblo and Woodmen. They were among the 3 highest bidders when I did the lease bidding at the end of 2012. Woodmen is where I service my LEAFs and they do a good job.

Back