B0133 NO BATT CAPACITY WARRANTY

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish it was not 4 bars. 3 bars loss renders the car of very very limited usefulness :)

60,000 miles is fine with me. Just wish the bar was not set so low :-(

I am probably just being paranoid about degradation. :)

TomT said:
No you are not. We use the gasser more often these days because the Leaf simply no longer has the range to do the jobs that it used to...

nerys said:
I am probably just being paranoid about degradation. :)

Despite losing 25% range I actually use the Leaf more because of the improved QC availability.

I'm down about 32% and unfortunately, there are either no QCs convenient to where I have to go usually or they are ridiculously priced and it is cheaper to take the ICE...

Valdemar said:
Despite losing 25% range I actually use the Leaf more because of the improved QC availability.

nerys said:
I wish it was not 4 bars. 3 bars loss renders the car of very very limited usefulness :)
60,000 miles is fine with me. Just wish the bar was not set so low :-(

Yes, that is the one thing I am most conflicted about the settlement. If the final number still comes out at 4 bar loss/67% capacity, the bar is so low that few people are actually going to be able to avail themselves of the capacity warranty. IMO, Nissan is still getting away cheap. Nissan advertised 80% capacity after 5 years, but as others have said, the car becomes much less usable for me at 77% now, with <3 years. I'm sort of in a Catch 22:
If I don't drive it as much, and take the Prius instead, the battery may not degrade fast enough to hit 67% by 5 years, but..
If I drive it more, the battery will continue to degrade, and I'm going to have to spend more time at Level 2 chargers (with my slow 3.3 kW charger) to get everywhere I need to go some days.
I can only hope that next summer will be a hot one, and that the death spiral the battery is in will accelerate with more frequent cycling. :cry:

Moof said:
Anyone know how many hours of labor is billed for a battery swap? I'm fearful there is another grand or more hidden for installation costs.
From http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14102&start=280#p396405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; today:
TaylorSFGuy said:
I was quoted 4 hours including prep time for a purchased battery swap.
Valdemar said:
Figure just under 500 bucks for the labor. So, if I were to replace my pack on my 2011 in SoCal:

5500 (the pack) + 500 (sales tax) + 500 (labor) + 500 (mounting kit + overhead) = $7000. ...

keydiver said:
Yes, that is the one thing I am most conflicted about the settlement. If the final number still comes out at 4 bar loss/67% capacity, the bar is so low that few people are actually going to be able to avail themselves of the capacity warranty. IMO, Nissan is still getting away cheap. Nissan advertised 80% capacity after 5 years, but as others have said, the car becomes much less usable for me at 77% now, with <3 years. I'm sort of in a Catch 22:
If I don't drive it as much, and take the Prius instead, the battery may not degrade fast enough to hit 67% by 5 years, but..
If I drive it more, the battery will continue to degrade, and I'm going to have to spend more time at Level 2 chargers (with my slow 3.3 kW charger) to get everywhere I need to go some days.
I can only hope that next summer will be a hot one, and that the death spiral the battery is in will accelerate with more frequent cycling. :cry:
Thank you for quick info on settlement.
You have been an excellent provider of early accurate information on the class action many times.

I agree with you that Nissan likely will end up paying very little in the big scheme of things for their early inaccurate statements on capacity degradation.

Unless the mediation has achieved a more fair protated on miles and/or time warranty that gets a bit closer to Nissan original statements. We can only hope, but seems fairly unlikely. :cry: :? :? :(

TimLee said:
Unless the mediation has achieved a more fair protated on miles and/or time warranty that gets a bit closer to Nissan original statements. We can only hope, but seems fairly unlikely. :cry: :? :? :(
It can only be better than the original settlement, 8 bars/60 months/60k miles, change any of those numbers and more LEAFs will qualify for warranty.

I am ok with the 60k and the 60 months. I am not ok with the 8 bars.

8 bars and the car's usefulness is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. hugely.

Fingers crossed I don't see that kind of loss :)

mwalsh said:
keydiver said:
All of you/us with a B0133 on their service record: please be patient. I hear that a tentative agreement was reached in the Class Action suit yesterday, and it includes a provision for a letter going out to all of us who opted out. Due to a non-disclosure agreement, that is all the info I could get at this time, but it appears that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for the update. I also heard this weekend that it might be possible we'll get some relief from this situation as a result of the mediation, but that's all my contact was willing to say.

Yes, thanks keydiver and mwalsh for your updates.

The mediation FAILED! :shock: That's a surprise to me...I was genuinely under the impression that an agreement had been reached. Color me confused. :?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvlb9v2o0p8kzk9/mediation_report.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
The mediation FAILED! :shock: That's a surprise to me...I was genuinely under the impression that an agreement had been reached. Color me confused. :?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvlb9v2o0p8kzk9/mediation_report.pdf?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess that means everyone who got warranty notices no longer has a warranty, oh wait, they do because the warranty had nothing to do with the outcome of the settlement of the class action lawsuit ;)

It's too bad there aren't any more details about the mediation.

pchilds said:
Looks like it will be going to court.
Class action lawsuits have their own rules and I am not an expert, but . . . . Normally a failed mediation means the matter goes to trial. In this case, the two sides asked the court to approve a settlement. Certain class members objected. They conducted a mediation that failed. So now the court is still in position to either approve or not approve the proposed settlement. (There may have to be a hearing. I can't remember if that already took place.) I think the court can still approve it, over the objections of the objectors (heh), as long as it is "fair, reasonable and adequate." The court's approval would be a "final judgment" that any one of the objectors could then appeal.

keydiver said:
...I hear that a tentative agreement was reached in the Class Action suit yesterday, and it includes a provision for a letter going out to all of us who opted out. ...
So your source is claiming the parties had further discussions after the mediation failed and reached tentative agreement on October 28?
When are the parties going back to court to ask the court to approve their tentative agreement?

TimLee said:
keydiver said:
...I hear that a tentative agreement was reached in the Class Action suit yesterday, and it includes a provision for a letter going out to all of us who opted out. ...
So your source is claiming the parties had further discussions after the mediation failed and reached tentative agreement on October 28?

I think that has to be the assumption. But it seems odd to me that the mediator reports mediation has failed one day and then all of a sudden there is an agreement the next day. Unless someone really, really doesn't want to go back to court. ;)

It seems that, like Nissan and the battery degradation diatribe in general, this could be more screwed up and obfuscated, but I'm not sure how! Fortunately, a few months from now, I won't care anymore! :)

mwalsh said:
TimLee said:
keydiver said:
I think that has to be the assumption. But it seems odd to me that the mediator reports mediation has failed one day and then all of a sudden there is an agreement the next day. Unless someone really, really doesn't want to go back to court. ;)

mwalsh said:

That's one of the lamest non-responses I've ever seen. It would be nice to know the final offers made by both parties just to get a sense of where things stood before negotiations fell apart. Not sure if that's possible, but it would have been nice.

Back