AutoFlugel: check your charge via a text message

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haykinson said:
Thanks for letting me know. Could you please post or PM me your phone number or email address and I'll try to troubleshoot? The service has been accurate for me, tough I only use it about three times a week personally.

I picked up my LEAF last night :D and I thought I would check out your service since I have a very basic phone. However, I tried clicking on the URL in your signature today and my browser says it can't find the site. I successfully got in about a week ago, the day my LEAF arrived at the dealership, if that is helpful info.

I am a big fan of this service and use it routinely. I have the following suggestion for improving it.

My most frequent request is "status". "Status" only asks for information and doesn't actually do anything. So I think one could make the service more user friendly by equating an empty message and/or a "?" message with "status".

Thank you for pycarwings. I look forward to browsing the code and seeing how similar it is to this but I assume your UI is robust so I doubt I need to change it. Some rumors have implied that start charge while charging will stop charging and no-one has come and said straight out no even though I think that be the truth but we really should verify because if it's truly a toggle we have our stop charger. Oh, we can dream.

Anyway, yay pycarwings. Not sure every python extension really has to be py I mean, it's not like you can import it in Ruby and a Ruby interface that matches the pycarwings one would make the concept all the more language agnostic. Then again, I don't speak Ruby and don't relish the idea of trying to do it in ISO C++, though perhaps Objective-C. :)

FYI I forked Ilya's GitHub and made a change to make the test.py allow a secure password entry (so that the password doesn't display on screen). Ilya, I invited you to co-develop with me or just merge me back into yours as you like but if you want me to take over it's here: https://github.com/TimeHorse/pycarwings.

EDIT: And I will consider writing some documentation this weekend as well as show off at the Capital LEAFs meetup in Falls Church, VA on Saturday! :D

TimeHorse said:
Thank you for pycarwings. I look forward to browsing the code and seeing how similar it is to this but I assume your UI is robust so I doubt I need to change it. Some rumors have implied that start charge while charging will stop charging and no-one has come and said straight out no even though I think that be the truth but we really should verify because if it's truly a toggle we have our stop charger. Oh, we can dream.
Alas, I don't think that's the case. I think the message is explicitly called something like "start charging". I poked around a lot with variations on that naming theme but with "stop" instead of "start" but nothing worked.

TimeHorse said:
Anyway, yay pycarwings. Not sure every python extension really has to be py I mean, it's not like you can import it in Ruby and a Ruby interface that matches the pycarwings one would make the concept all the more language agnostic. Then again, I don't speak Ruby and don't relish the idea of trying to do it in ISO C++, though perhaps Objective-C. :)
The "py" in pycarwings is mainly to make it unambiguous and googlable :)

I've tried to sign up on the Autoflugel website for the past two nights, but both times I'm getting errors that it can't find the site. Using Chrome browser. I've been trying to use the link that's in haykinson's signature. That's the right spot to go, isn't it?

you might want to read this thread

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=10602&hilit=autoflugel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe the site is closed.

I had signed up for AUTOFLUEGEL and used it off and on with my not-smart phone for a few months. I received a text message from them about 8 weeks ago saying the service was being discontinued.

(You and I have the same tag "PLUGZN", mine is in Georgia. :D )

Yeah, sorry folks, it's offline -- got a bit too expensive to subsidize. Even I miss it, actually -- it was pretty convenient even on a smartphone.

Well, thanks again Iyla. It was nice to have and I made good use of it. Certainly understand why you ended it.

Cheers. Bill

Back