AutoFlugel: check your charge via a text message

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haykinson said:
it would be cool if someone who lives within driving distance to an L3 charger can use the status command while fast-charging. This way I can check what the response from the Carwings system looks like...
Well I used a quick charger for the first time at the drive electric tour in Long Beach today. I used the status command while charging multiple times, from 10.29 to 10.39 this morning. It returned "not plugged in, XX% charged". Hope this helps you figure it out!

Working for me. Beats logging into the app and/or website
for simple status checks.

Any plans to add feature to 'turn climate control on',
and to 'set timer' to turn on climate control?
I use these almost every day. Thank you.

I'm set up for Autoflugel and it used to work before but today it no longer seems to work despite several tries. Is it just me?

Volusiano said:
I'm set up for Autoflugel and it used to work before but today it no longer seems to work despite several tries. Is it just me?

No, indeed, something happened. I'm checking it out, since I hadn't changed anything when it stopped working. I wonder if Nissan (well, actually, Airbiquity which provides this) has started blocking AutoFlugel... I'll update as soon as I know more.

My LEAF app isn't working either. Keeps getting an error message on the iPhone 3G, but the iPhone 4G is fine.

I tried texting with your service, and it didn't work, either.

TonyWilliams said:
My LEAF app isn't working either. Keeps getting an error message on the iPhone 3G, but the iPhone 4G is fine.

Ah, interesting. My iPhone 3G and my Android phone have no problem using the app. I need to see if the iPad is getting the same error...

FWIW, when accessing http://www.autoflugel.com/dashboard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from iPad, still seeing
message "Sorry, there is a temporary problem with connecting to CARWINGS."
Also, no response when text is sent for 'status'.

Status updated ok accessing Leaf app from iPad.

I love it! Carwings is so clunky and time consuming, and this is much more user friendly. Even better would be a widget that would turn on AC with one touch. Is that possible?

haykinson said:
TonyWilliams said:

Ah, interesting. My iPhone 3G and my Android phone have no problem using the app. I need to see if the iPad is getting the same error...

This must have been some weirdness with CARWINGS servers. Things are back to normal with AutoFlugel as of earlier today.

I love AutoFlugel but it has stopped working in the last couple weeks and I had to re-register my phone to get it working again.

JohnOver said:
AutoFlugel was working well for a while, but now is not responding to text messages. When I go to autoflugel.com it gives me an "error 502 Bad Gateway", with "nginx/0.8.54" at the bottom. I've never see this error before.
Same here.

Bill

ebill3 said:
JohnOver said:
AutoFlugel was working well for a while, but now is not responding to text messages. When I go to autoflugel.com it gives me an "error 502 Bad Gateway", with "nginx/0.8.54" at the bottom. I've never see this error before.
Same here.

Bill
Sorry folks, was out for a while and came back to things not working. Will fix in a few minutes.

haykinson said:
ebill3 said:
JohnOver said:
Same here.

Bill
Sorry folks, was out for a while and came back to things not working. Will fix in a few minutes.
AutoFlugel is back up. Sorry about this downtime -- I think it happened because Amazon Web Services rebooted the machine and I didn't properly restart all the services. I also fixed a bug that caused some logins to not go through, which meant that status wouldn't get retrieved.

Thank you. It is a neat service. Are you interested in adding commands? Perhaps 'climate' to turn on climate control.

Bill

ebill3 said:
Thank you. It is a neat service. Are you interested in adding commands? Perhaps 'climate' to turn on climate control.

Bill
Yeah. AutoFlugel is a side-project for me, so I can only work on it when I've got some time. Thankfully I'm off work for the rest of the year, so maybe I can spend some time adding a couple of features to it.
My list of todos is:
  • edit your profile
  • climate (i'm thinking 'ac on' and 'ac on at <time>' as commands)
  • scheduled status checks and notification (i.e. "SMS me if I'm not at X% of charge on <dayofweek> at <time>")

I'll probably work on things in that order.

Thanks so much for sharing this work you have done by posting the code on github. This will be a huge help in developing my own version of the Android app. I may even do a retro Windows Moble app. If I get it working, I will also share my source code and start my own thread about it.

This is so cool! I can't believe I never saw this before. Even though I have/use the iPhone app, this is very simple and quick. Looking forward to the addition of "climate control".

Back