April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My estimated Week of 7 April delivery turned into a 29 March pick up from the dealer.

Actually, they got "my" LEAF in yesterday (28 Mar), and I could have picked it up last night had mt schedule allowed.

Now, as a March Delivery, "Maple" is sleeping, but on an IV drip.

sdbmania said:
Grats Boomer!

Good to see that you are getting your car a bit earlier then you thought.

I think I'm starting to get a bit anal as my DB still shows my charging dock as scheduled to be installed March 10th! I called CS and got some help,
but I felt a bit weird about it. I know it's not going to affect my delivery, as they say, but I want the pre-checklist thing finished!

My delivery is listed as 'Week of April 14", and my Blink EVSE was installed and passed inspection last week.
I contacted EV Support, and asked them to fix my pre-delivery checklist to show the EVSE was installed.
I was informed that ONLY AV installs show up there. All others, including EVP do not.
They also said that this would not effect my actual delivery. They do show my EVSE was installed.

After 2 weeks of "nothingness" in my delivery estimate, my date moved by 2 days, could be last checkpoint in the process since I just entered "Week of 06" time frame. Although, I haven't received any "7 day" emails yet...

garygid said:
My estimated Week of 7 April delivery turned into a 29 March pick up from the dealer.

Congrats, Gary. Given your earlier concerns about the battery warranty, I am glad to read that you took delivery. BTW- can I presume that you elected to lease?

- Mark (from the focus group)

I decided to purchase instead of lease because:

1. I suspect the resale value in 3 years will be over the Residual (roughly $15,500) minus the Leasing Premium (about $3500) = $12,000,

2. I can get the full $7500 tax credit for 2011 taxes, and

3. the "time value" of the money is not really very much for me.

Boomer23 said:
Jeanne, since you're just across town, if you want to drive it, show a friend, measure something, just let me know.
Thanks, Boomer! But, you'd better take my CDL and collateral because I may not find my way back. Well, that is, until on or abouts April 22! :cool:

JPVLeaf said:
Boomer23 said:
Jeanne, since you're just across town, if you want to drive it, show a friend, measure something, just let me know.
Thanks, Boomer! But, you'd better take my CDL and collateral because I may not find my way back. Well, that is, until on or abouts April 22! :cool:

Oh, Jeanne, I never said that I'd let you out of my sight with the LEAF... :lol:

I’ve been watching this forum long enough to observe that everyone gets jerked around in the final delivery phase. My date started at week of Apr. 15 then 4-18, 4-15, 4-19, and today 4-22. I have a warped desire to get my Leaf on 4-20, that will be exactly one year from when I reserved it!

LEAFfan said:
I'm no longer an Apr. delivery. I just checked and it has been changed to 'week of May 6th.'
I too have had my estimate changed from 'week of April 29' to 'week of May 6'. Guess it's time to go to Andy's May thread...

Edit: As I was posting this I got the "Congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan Leaf..." email.

Moved from week of April 29 to week of May 6th too. Makes me wonder if our cars are still being built in Japan and weren't on the ships that left before the quake. As I understand it VIN numbers aren't issued until the car arrives at the dock and I have a VIN so what's with the over one month wait?

Back