April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
Followup question: Isn't his car already assigned since he's got a VIN?

Cheers.
Yes that would appear to be true. Your car and VIN is also very likely assigned. You just cannot see it yet :(
I do hope you are one of the 1500 assuming there are enough to cover Sep/Oct first.

I have now 3 delivery dates. Dealer called to touch base today and said that his system shows delivery for Week of April 08, my dashboard shows Week of April 04 and Ecotality said Week of April 03.

Btw, my BLINK install is on 3/29. Once I have it up I'll be putting my AV unit for sale.

Glad to hear you're getting the Leaf finally after the delivery sequence Snafu.

Pretty clear from the major gaps in deliveries on the spreadsheet that the process was badly broken, or might have had some strange non-reservation / non-order priorities in it.
Just looking at the number of people who ordered in January and have an April delivery is stunning.
Plot of Delivery Date vs Order Date is also interesting.

I'm fairly certain everyone with an April delivery projection will get a car in April, probably even if it was assigned too early due to Nissan Snafu.
But being in the May(be) group and having heard nothing from Nissan, I feel much less certain. CS statement that everyone who will see a delay has been notified is a bit hard to believe.

Maybe a little levity and humor will help.
Try the following link:

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=J5R5T69GM2AH

If you like the video and find it humorous, vote for us to win the Leaf!!

Tim and Rebecca Lee

Last Wednesday, March 23, I got the Nissan "Your car will be delivered in the next seven days" email.

Emailed my dealer today and he says that he hasn't been invoiced for the car yet, but it should be very soon. He said that the cars arrive within 48 hours of the dealer being invoiced for the car.

My seven days expires in two days. :lol: Not really counting on the 7 day estimate being accurate, but I'm hoping for less than 14 days, perhaps. :roll:

Boomer23 said:
Last Wednesday, March 23, I got the Nissan "Your car will be delivered in the next seven days" email.

Emailed my dealer today and he says that he hasn't been invoiced for the car yet, but it should be very soon. He said that the cars arrive within 48 hours of the dealer being invoiced for the car.

My seven days expires in two days. :lol: Not really counting on the 7 day estimate being accurate, but I'm hoping for less than 14 days, perhaps. :roll:

So how far of a trip is it from Long Beach to Irvine?

I'd have thought if you got the email at 9am, the car would there by lunch time.

You got my vote! :D

TimLee said:
Glad to hear you're getting the Leaf finally after the delivery sequence Snafu.

Maybe a little levity and humor will help.
Try the following link:

https://www.drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=J5R5T69GM2AH

If you like the video and find it humorous, vote for us to win the Leaf!!

Tim and Rebecca Lee

AmarilloLeaf said:
Boomer23 said:

So how far of a trip is it from Long Beach to Irvine?

I'd have thought if you got the email at 9am, the car would there by lunch time.

Nooo, it's a much longer journey. The car has to stop on the way in Costa Mesa at the dealer. Actually, that's directly on the way, so if it wasn't for the dealer having to do some prep and charging and the apparent average three hours to complete the deal and drive off, you'd be right! :lol:

Hi All:

I am new to this forum. Please forgive me if I didn't follow the posting rules.

As same as other April Leaf "owner-to-be", I got an e-mail from Nissan indicating the car was shipped out from Japan before the disaster. Also, I am getting those "Week of April XX" changes almost like everyday. The latest "Update" was April 18th.

On that date my dashboard changed from "Month of April" to "Week of XX", I was able to activate the Carwings account and a VIN# was given the moment I activated Carwings.

I noticed other people in this thread indicated they do not have a VIN# until recently, or VIN# never shows up for them.

I wonder if getting the VIN# from Carwings indicate the car is in Los Angeles already? Or that doesn't really mean anything?

L2 Charger is scheduled to install 04/2011
Latest Delivery Update is April 18th

surfsnow said:
Hi All:

I am new to this forum. Please forgive me if I didn't follow the posting rules.

As same as other April Leaf "owner-to-be", I got an e-mail from Nissan indicating the car was shipped out from Japan before the disaster. Also, I am getting those "Week of April XX" changes almost like everyday. The latest "Update" was April 18th.

On that date my dashboard changed from "Month of April" to "Week of XX", I was able to activate the Carwings account and a VIN# was given the moment I activated Carwings.

I noticed other people in this thread indicated they do not have a VIN# until recently, or VIN# never shows up for them.

I wonder if getting the VIN# from Carwings indicate the car is in Los Angeles already? Or that doesn't really mean anything?

L2 Charger is scheduled to install 04/2011
Latest Delivery Update is April 18th

The general consensus is that the VIN# becomes visible when it arrives in port.
Frequent date changes are the norm. Speculation is that it changes as it goes through different stages in the prep/delivery process.

When people mentioned in this forum that they can see the VIN#, the only place they can see that info is from clicking on the "Nissan Owner's Portal" link under the "own" section of the dashboard, right?

Kataphn said:
Hey Boomer,
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your new LEAF at the next meet up...

Kat

We'll be there, Kat. Though we're having a party the night of the 9th, I've negotiated the morning off of party prep so I can come to Cerritos with "Blue".

Grats Boomer!

Good to see that you are getting your car a bit earlier then you thought.

I think I'm starting to get a bit anal as my DB still shows my charging dock as scheduled to be installed March 10th! I called CS and got some help,
but I felt a bit weird about it. I know it's not going to affect my delivery, as they say, but I want the pre-checklist thing finished!

sdbmania said:
Grats Boomer!

Good to see that you are getting your car a bit earlier then you thought.

I think I'm starting to get a bit anal as my DB still shows my charging dock as scheduled to be installed March 10th! I called CS and got some help,
but I felt a bit weird about it. I know it's not going to affect my delivery, as they say, but I want the pre-checklist thing finished!

So the EVSE is installed, it just doesn't show as completed on your DB? I wouldn't worry about it too much, I doubt that it will affect your delivery at all.

Boomer23 said:
sdbmania said:
Grats Boomer!

So the EVSE is installed, it just doesn't show as completed on your DB? I wouldn't worry about it too much, I doubt that it will affect your delivery at all.

Yeah, it just bugs me a bit. :) I think it's partly because of how soon my car is coming.

At least I have my 3DS to distract me from thinking about it.

Back