April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JessEV said:
I'm now on week of April 15 delivery date and have got my password to carwings.

Has anyone tried logging in to their iPhone Leaf app yet with this password? Would be cool and maybe odd if we could control the cars even before they got to us....

It won't work until you enter the user name and activation password in the actual car.

Bassman said:
As indicated earlier, received my 7 day e-mail on Wednesday. At that time my delivery date was Week of April 8th. Was at the dealer this morning arranging the financing and his dash also showed Week of April 8th. Well, this afternoon, my dash now reads Week of April 28th ( a 20 day delay). Called Nissan CS and they said that their info is still showing Week of April 8th and that it may be a glitch in the website. I hope it is. Anybody elses change drastically like this?

Mine just changed from month of May to the 'week' of Apr. 29th. My CarWings opened up and I set everything up and I received my VIN. I'm expecting it to change to at least the middle of April since I read that Nissan is going to correct the inequities of the the Sept./Oct. order people.

Sky said:
If you are only paying $40 a month then you are probably in Tier 1 and maybe Tier 2. Having a separate meter and the TOU-EV-1 rate may be the best option. Remember you must charge the Leaf after 9:00 PM to get the lowest rate. I suggest you read their tariffs so you understand and pay the least.

Good Luck :)

That is exactly right. I am generally in tier 1 of their pricing and occasionally stray into tier 2. My 'guess' is that the car and new AC system will bump me up into the tier 3 category which I would like to avoid.

We are replacing all of the current electric boxes to install a 2 meter box, a new main breaker panel for the house and the dedicated line for the car. For now, I am not installing a level 2 charger but am ready to go at any time. For now, my guess on the charging needs I have are pretty basic and I think the level 1 system may just be sufficient for me in the short term.

I don't know if this is possible yet but I hope that the Carwings system allows me to turn on the charging AFTER 9pm and shut off during the peak charge times. Any ideas from current owners?

Week of ... means that you MIGHT be in line to get a LEAF, sometime, usually in the future.
No, it is NOT a promise, just a vague estimate.

I suggest: If you have 2011 Order dates, do NOT count on these estimates as they stand today.

Unchanged here--still month of April 2011. Noticed that it was quiet this weekend in spite of ~1500 LEAFs being off-loaded at Long beach this past week. Hopefully something will break early in the week.

Not to be a pessimist, but it looks like Nissan's placation strategy remains in place.

Tom Tweed (who absolutely should have had a VIN) got a VIN. But, no other reports that would show Nissan is working the problem. I am hopeful that changes as the day goes by.

smkettner said:
Yes I was expecting a VIN explosion this morning.
alas, maybe tomorrow. Best of luck.

I have the highest VIN on the spreadsheet holding for a week now.

Wamsbary (also on the spreadsheet) ordered the same day you did. I checked in with him this morning and he remains "month of May." He's been that way since Nissan took away his "month of April" some weeks ago.

I only see one real exception on the spreadsheet with Barsad22 ordering on 12/6/2010 and delivered on 2/17/2011
Although it would appear more could follow soon if the cars are not held

Count me among someone with an "out of order" scheduled delivery. From the spreadsheet:

Me:
  • Delivery estimate: Month of May
  • Order date: 11/17/10
  • Reservation date: 4/20/10
  • Trim: SL + QC
  • Color: Blue
  • Dealer: North Bay Nissan

ChipsLeaf:
  • Delivery estimate: 4/14 (VIN #1623)
  • Order date: 1/24/11
  • Reservation date: 6/14/10
  • Trim: SL + QC
  • Color: Blue
  • Dealer: North Bay Nissan

Our orders are identical in every way, except I ordered over 2 months prior. Nothing personal against ChipsLeaf, of course.

Nissan, please help! :)

Brian, your delivery seems in proper order

ChipsLeaf, does however looks like he jumped ahead. I still speculate that ChipsLeaf's car was very likely a September order but was orphaned. So you did not really lose your place as much as ChipsLeaf was a lucky one to move up. Once the cars are assigned I really doubt there will be any shuffling around to maintain the original order.

smkettner said:
Brian, your delivery seems in proper order

ChipsLeaf, does however looks like he jumped ahead. I still speculate that ChipsLeaf's car was very likely a September order but was orphaned. So you did not really lose your place as much as ChipsLeaf was a lucky one to move up. Once the cars are assigned I really doubt there will be any shuffling around to maintain the original order.
Well, one way or another it's out of order. ;)

Followup question: Isn't his car already assigned since he's got a VIN?

Cheers.

Brian said:
Our orders are identical in every way, except I ordered over 2 months prior. Nothing personal against ChipsLeaf, of course.

Nissan, please help! :)

Yes, it is a complete screw-up. Indeed, the magnitude is so great you have to wonder how a major auto manufacturer could have made it. Surely, someone from North Bay (#1!) or another big Leaf dealer must have called Corporate and said "Hey, what about our orders from months prior? What are we supposed to tell these people?"

Your example shows that the "orphan dropping into January orders" theory does not hold water. There's too many cars involved (almost 30 on the spreadsheet means we are talking hundreds of mis-assigned VINs). The order period is also too uniform. In any event, if there was a Blue orphan, it should have dropped to you, not all the way down to ChipsLeaf.

I think the delay today in fixing it has to do with (a) getting their story straight; (b) making sure they can implement their game plan; and (c) making sure all of the Maritz customer service people are trained on a new script -- because their phones are going to ring.

I ordered on 10/25/10 from Northbay a blue SL w/QC and am still a May(be). This is not good. Still hoping that when they let loose the VINS from last weeks deliveries this will be fixed. Anyone have a direct line to Nissan that we could contact?

Yesterday I email my PD a link to the spreadsheet and asked if there was something I did or didn't do that was delaying my order. The dealer replied:

"Number one is you have done nothing wrong. All orders are in order of date received. That said cars get built in groups. When they build cars it is done based on colors and options. My own car is being built after some of the orders I received after mine was placed. It is not an exact science. Nissan is doing what they can to be fair it's just a real difficult project when you have consumers waiting. The problems in Japan will make this even more difficult in the future. Lets hope we can get your car quickly."

MaryC said:
I ordered on 10/25/10 from Northbay a blue SL w/QC and am still a May(be). This is not good. Still hoping that when they let loose the VINS from last weeks deliveries this will be fixed. Anyone have a direct line to Nissan that we could contact?
Best thing to do is to call the EV chatline and patiently try to escalate the issue. The frontline support people probably won't be able to tell you much.

Back