April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish people would stop clogging up these March, April and May delivery threads with insignificant date changes. I'd like to only read about when people get first notified from Pending to "month of..." and then from there to "week of...". The daily changes for the "week of" are not useful and only serve to make it hard to get any good data out of these threads. Now if you get bumped back from week of to month of, that is useful, but week of march 30 to week of april 1 is not significant. I realize that people are excited about the delivery of their car, but we need to try and keep these threads readable. Perhaps we can have everyone describe the daily changes on the dashboard in a long post in the "I just picked up my Leaf at the dealer" thread. That we we can keep track of this silliness from nissan and not clog these threads.

Sorry for my rant, but I'm tired this morning and reading three pages of posts about nothing did not help.

At the risk of adding to the problem, I agree with palmermd.. 65 pages now for the April delivery thread? Really?

This forum (all threads) tends to have a lot of "+1" type posts which makes it very difficult to sort through and find the relevant information that you are looking for. And there have been several times when I have been interested in the topic of a thread, but when it get to 30-40 pages of posts, most of them worthless, it becomes too daunting to spend the time trying to weed out the useful bits.

It would be nice if, before posting, people would ask themselves the question "Is this REALLY a relevant post?" My date has fluctuated a dozen or so times. I have refrained from posting every change.

Here's an idea for keeping people up to date on your list of changes: Put the list in your signature, update it there. Then people can see that list in every post you have written, you don't need to add a new post every time.

(sorry, stepping down off my soap box now)

Nissan could have done us all a favor and rounded the delivery week date to the nearest monday.
And I agree with just updating the signature if so inclined.

palmermd said:
I wish people would stop clogging up these March, April and May delivery threads with insignificant date changes. I'd like to only read about when people get first notified from Pending to "month of..." and then from there to "week of...". The daily changes for the "week of" are not useful and only serve to make it hard to get any good data out of these threads. Now if you get bumped back from week of to month of, that is useful, but week of march 30 to week of april 1 is not significant. I realize that people are excited about the delivery of their car, but we need to try and keep these threads readable. Perhaps we can have everyone describe the daily changes on the dashboard in a long post in the "I just picked up my Leaf at the dealer" thread. That we we can keep track of this silliness from nissan and not clog these threads.

Sorry for my rant, but I'm tired this morning and reading three pages of posts about nothing did not help.

Since when internet, let alone forums provided only useful information? Give it a rest, people are excited and no harm is done.

palmermd said:

How's this???? http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3108

I too show an April delivery and discussed this with Ecotality. They had more specific information - April 24. Further I chatted with Nissan and they informed me that when Carwings request you to join it means that you will receive your car in 30 days. :)

electricfuture said:
I too show an April delivery and discussed this with Ecotality. They had more specific information - April 24. Further I chatted with Nissan and they informed me that when Carwings request you to join it means that you will receive your car in 30 days. :)

That's not true, it's been 33 days for me since I got VIN, although signed up with Carwings 2 days later...

I actually like to see if everyone with similar dates is changing in synch- right now if you have a April delivery that should be all that is happening anyway. I think this is the whole point of this thread and I enjoy watching and reading about the changes. Normally we would never have a window into this part of the car buying process and Nissan likely is providing too much information that is updated too often by changing the weekly dates. -Now if we only knew why these dates were changing- that would be something.

Soon this will change to 7 day notices and then cheers on delivery.

Also- I see that you are a march delivery! Go back and rant in the March Delivery thread and leave us Aprils to our silliness. :D

Sorry, if this is TMI....

I have an April 1 delivery date, and received my '7 day delivery" email at 10am today.

AFAIK, I'm the first one with an actual April delivery date to get the 7 day email.

AmarilloLeaf said:
Sorry, if this is TMI....

I have an April 1 delivery date, and received my '7 day delivery" email at 10am today.

AFAIK, I'm the first one with an actual April delivery date to get the 7 day email.

April 1st delivery date? Not, Week of April 1st?

I'm Week of April 7th and received the 7 day email Wednesday 3-23 along with several other folks.

electricfuture said:

I'll have to disagree, I was not able to receive my vin# or activate carwings until a day after I received the 7 day email. I believe there are others as well that are having difficulty getting vin# and carwings as well despite being near delivery dates. CS Was unable to explain why. My dealer actually was able to get the vin for me and that allowed me to activate carwings.

Carlos said:
April 1st delivery date? Not, Week of April 1st?

I'm Week of April 7th and received the 7 day email Wednesday 3-23 along with several other folks.

Yes, the "week of April 1". There have been so many changes in delivery time that I've not bothered with the 'week of' business.

It sounds like Nissan is finally doing some catch up on the deliveries.

Let us know when yours actually arrives, you're ahead of the curve and it will give the rest of us some hope....

Stopped by my dealer (alhambra nissan) today after not getting a return call or email from the salesman. I was secretly hoping that my car is there already but hopes were dashed. Good news for others is that they have about 4-6 cars at their location. One had all the options installed (stickers, mud flaps, first aid kit, etc.) and looked very nice.

My "7 days to dealer" arrived on 3-23 so hopefully that holds true and late next week I'll be looking at my very own car!

Just pulled the permits to install a second meter at home for the charger and met the electrician. This is starting to feel real.

Adaminia, did you have SCE run a rate analysis to see what is the best option for you?

As indicated earlier, received my 7 day e-mail on Wednesday. At that time my delivery date was Week of April 8th. Was at the dealer this morning arranging the financing and his dash also showed Week of April 8th. Well, this afternoon, my dash now reads Week of April 28th ( a 20 day delay). Called Nissan CS and they said that their info is still showing Week of April 8th and that it may be a glitch in the website. I hope it is. Anybody elses change drastically like this?

Sky said:
Adaminia, did you have SCE run a rate analysis to see what is the best option for you?

I did and the three options I have (I'm not a solar guy here) seem to be that I can
1) stay with what I have
2) set up a time of use system with one meter
3) install a second meter and have the eve charge on its own.

Due to some weird circumstances (I'm adding AC to my house, we live in a duplex with only one meter, our current monthly bills are under $40) I've decided to add a second meter and use option 3.
It costs a lot more upfront than the first two options but makes sense longer term for me.

adaminla said:
Sky said:

I did and the three options I have (I'm not a solar guy here) seem to be that I can
1) stay with what I have
2) set up a time of use system with one meter
3) install a second meter and have the eve charge on its own.

Due to some weird circumstances (I'm adding AC to my house, we live in a duplex with only one meter, our current monthly bills are under $40) I've decided to add a second meter and use option 3.
It costs a lot more upfront than the first two options but makes sense longer term for me.

For Option 3. Are u getting the Pannel upgrade/replace from another contractor or going with whoever is installing the Blink?

If you are only paying $40 a month then you are probably in Tier 1 and maybe Tier 2. Having a separate meter and the TOU-EV-1 rate may be the best option. Remember you must charge the Leaf after 9:00 PM to get the lowest rate. I suggest you read their tariffs so you understand and pay the least.

Good Luck :)

I'm now on week of April 15 delivery date and have got my password to carwings.

Has anyone tried logging in to their iPhone Leaf app yet with this password? Would be cool and maybe odd if we could control the cars even before they got to us....

Back