April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't moved from "Month of April 2011", but late last night Carwings finally opened up.

#909!

Seems pretty high, but at least I have a VIN, and at least it's under 1000 :)

garygid said:
Also Week Of 5 April, and CARWINGS is enabled, but after checking 2 "Accept" boxes, it fails to "Start" CARWINGS.

The 36 month free period starts when you purchase.

I think my "GgMaple" (Leaf) will be #855, or so says the "banner".
Hey! . . . it looks like you're moving up then.. There were a dozen days between your RAQ and ours, yet now you're week of April 5 ... just 10 days difference between our "week of March 23 ... or 25 ... or 24 ... or what ever they've moved it to within the last few minutes.
:D
Boomer23 said:
Week of April 5 for me too! So jazzed. Still can't get past the "authentication error" to get my VIN, but I'll try back later.
Edit: Got my VIN now, via the direct link from Matt. Mine is #889.
What a difference a day makes . . . we have a "1 day" earlier RAQ ... and that one day difference equates to a difference of over 200 cars (our VIN being 659) ... trippy.

This puts a nail in the coffin of any theory that order, or RAQ date correlates to delivery date. I have a VIN of #1009, and still "month of April 2011", for the same order date as you, hill.

Nissan should put the following disclaimer on the RAQ screen:

"The date you place this order means f*** all to us."

mrxxmas said:
I receive April delivery notification email this morning. Ordered Dec 17, reserved on 14 May 2010.

Must be nice. I reserved in April and I'm not yet allowed to order. (State of GA) :(

This puts a nail in the coffin of any theory that order, or RAQ date correlates to delivery date.

At least you have a VIN.

yep, my dashboard is still the same. Month of april and no carwings tab activated. Still waiting for the AV approval that I told them I would never accept, but they told me would not hold up my order. I was able to login to the owners portal this time. I've tried it a few times over the past two months and it never recognized my username and login. Today it did. I saw the exact same thing as the dashboard, it said I do not have any active vehicles in my account. If I go to the manage account tab, it shows that I have a reservation, and that I'm waiting for the AV approval.

Good news for me! Received notification to activate CARWINGS, which I did, and now have VIN #922. However, delivery date is still April 2011.

The wait continues.

palmermd said:
At least you have a VIN.

yep, my dashboard is still the same. Month of april and no carwings tab activated. Still waiting for the AV approval that I told them I would never accept, but they told me would not hold up my order. I was able to login to the owners portal this time. I've tried it a few times over the past two months and it never recognized my username and login. Today it did. I saw the exact same thing as the dashboard, it said I do not have any active vehicles in my account. If I go to the manage account tab, it shows that I have a reservation, and that I'm waiting for the AV approval.

palmermd, my manage account tab looked the same as yours. In fact I was in the same place with AV. I'm sure you'll get your VIN soon. I know it's like getting out of "pending". It seems like it'll never happen.

My late VIN, however, is another cold shock in this Nissan experience. Nissan will apparently be delivering early early orders (first days in September) along with orders placed as late as December. All I can say is to those of you who have reservations and haven't placed your order yet, go ahead and RAQ. You may get your car along with us schlubs who've been waiting seven months.

Does anyone remember what stage the car is in with getting a VIN? Obviously produced, but is it still on the motherland, on a boat, US soil, ???

I didn't find any info on the status of the car, but then again I may not be smart enough to figure out where to look. I was just glad to get CARWINGS and VIN info.

hill said:
Boomer23 said:
Week of April 5 for me too! So jazzed. Still can't get past the "authentication error" to get my VIN, but I'll try back later.
Edit: Got my VIN now, via the direct link from Matt. Mine is #889.
What a difference a day makes . . . we have a "1 day" earlier RAQ ... and that one day difference equates to a difference of over 200 cars (our VIN being 659) ... trippy.

Yep, I decided that RAQ date means very little and it's still "reservation moment" that drives the process. But then how do we explain these people who ordered MONTHS later getting April delivery month? Maybe they'll slip to May. As customers, we're usually pretty understanding of delays if there is a fair, comprehensible process in place. When it's random, we get understandably angry.

Vin#872
Est Delivery week of April 5th......

I ordered about a month before my neighbor who picked his up this week. (No ill feelings, really)
I'm spending my free time with my nose pressed against my living room window watching :ugeek: what a LEAF owners does every day after taking delivery.

The LEAF has really made me such a sad individual....... ;)

Back