April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the unclear order with estimated delivery to folks who ordered later, but are on the list to receive a car earlier, is due to the method of shipping the LEAF to different locations. For example, if someone at location X is next on the list to receive a LEAF, and there are several others at the same location but further down the list, would Nissan ship only one LEAF to location X? It may be more cost effective to ship a truckload to location X rather than only one vehicle. If this is the case, then I can see why some buyers who ordered later are receiving their vehicles earlier. If location X is Seattle, there are three buyers with different order dates and delivery (estimated) dates from the April Deliveries thread quoted [Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 pm by Bud]:

“Blorg ordered on 9/7 and has VIN 620, you ordered on 9/1 and have VIN 621, I ordered on 9/4 and have VIN 674, all three coming to Seattle area dealers.”

OK, I ordered on 9/2 and just received notice from Nissan that I have VIN 922. So, how could I be so far down the list compared to the orders above on 9/7 and 9/4?
The method of shipping vehicles could be the reason. I didn’t check the spreadsheet to see if there is evidence to support my assertion – just my speculation.

linkim said:
I wonder if the unclear order with estimated delivery to folks who ordered later, but are on the list to receive a car earlier, is due to the method of shipping the LEAF to different locations. For example, if someone at location X is next on the list to receive a LEAF, and there are several others at the same location but further down the list, would Nissan ship only one LEAF to location X? It may be more cost effective to ship a truckload to location X rather than only one vehicle. If this is the case, then I can see why some buyers who ordered later are receiving their vehicles earlier. If location X is Seattle, there are three buyers with different order dates and delivery (estimated) dates from the April Deliveries thread quoted [Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 pm by Bud]:

“Blorg ordered on 9/7 and has VIN 620, you ordered on 9/1 and have VIN 621, I ordered on 9/4 and have VIN 674, all three coming to Seattle area dealers.”

OK, I ordered on 9/2 and just received notice from Nissan that I have VIN 922. So, how could I be so far down the list compared to the orders above on 9/7 and 9/4?
The method of shipping vehicles could be the reason. I didn’t check the spreadsheet to see if there is evidence to support my assertion – just my speculation.

You are right there as I was thinking the same. I see similar date trend for cars coming to SF bay area. It probably also explains why So Cal gets more car as it's closer to the port so more cars get delivered faster and it's cheaper. All this makes sense but that not what Nissan had said and that is why it frustrates buyers. Also the potential $5k rebate could have been in jeopardy for some buyers.

I'm not bitter about Mr January order getting his car in April while my Oct 1 order languishes until May.. it's only a month. We'll all be clinking champaign glasses by Summer, right?

But boy, if the CA Rebate Runs dry and I pay $5k more because Nissan did not honor the order order.. it's going to get loud in here.

blorg said:
I wonder if those of you that are later but ordered earlier made any changes after you submitted your original order? I've been careful to do everything I can to not rock the boat. Figure any change might be an excuse to delay the order a bit.
No changes made here.

blorg said:
Of course, I was annoyed that I put in my reservation within 10 minutes of it opening up on 4/20 (about 4 or 5 hours before I actually got my email) and that put me all the way to Sept 9th for ordering? Meanwhile, my co-worker put in her reservation much later in the day on 4/20, put in her order the first day it opened, and already has her Leaf. Go figure. It's a bit random.
That is pretty random - and a real confirmation of an out-of-order reservation-order. I don't know of any other cases where there was a significant inconsistency with reservations and orders - those seemed to be pretty sequential (barring any issues with someone's dashboard).

gascant said:
Frustrating hardly describes it--I reserved about 20 minutes later than another Bay Area LEAFer who lives 15 miles from me, yet he RAQ'ed a full month before me (9/1 vs 9/30) and is not taking an EVSE. I'm a month behind him I figure as I'm still pending and he's March 31.
See, I'm not surprised that 20 minutes in reservation time on April 20 made a big difference. There was obviously high volume going through on that day. Nissan handled 4000 reservations on April 20th. (BTW - you should avoid saying Pending when you have an April delivery date - they mean completely different things)

linkim said:
I wonder if the unclear order with estimated delivery to folks who ordered later, but are on the list to receive a car earlier, is due to the method of shipping the LEAF to different locations.
Can't be. There is a January order from the same dealer as me who has an April delivery month while I have a May delivery month. There is _some_ regional delivery timing issues as in the past it's taken longer to get cars to people farther away from Long Beach.

GroundLoop said:
I'm not bitter about Mr January order getting his car in April while my Oct 1 order languishes until May.. it's only a month. We'll all be clinking champaign glasses by Summer, right? But boy, if the CA Rebate Runs dry and I pay $5k more because Nissan did not honor the order order.. it's going to get loud in here.
Right there with you - if we weren't talking about a potential loss of $5k - I would care a LOT less about these significant out-of-sequence delivery issues.

I chatted with Nissan today to try to get some answers. They couldn't tell me anything. They said that they would need the the details and permission from someone who ordered late and has an April delivery to determine anything. But they couldn't tell me anything more about my order other than the fact that my estimated delivery date is May - so not sure how it'd help. I suspect it's their way of deflecting the question. The rep I was chatting with was seriously getting on my nerves by dodging and ignoring my questions. It was like he was arguing with me just to argue! I asked him to escalate my issue. We'll see if anything happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

My thoughts are with the victims and survivors of the devastating earthquake and tsunami. My preceived problems are insignificant :oops:

This morning, my DB showed my delivery date is the week of April 6. That's good news! The bad news is that I will on business trip in the later part of that week, so may need to pickup the following week. After all this waiting, what's a few more days.

JasonT said:
blorg said:
Let's see, what could I reward myself with if I manage to go a full WEEK of not checking? Or is that too ambitious? Should I start with just 2 days, because I think I MIGHT actually be able to do that?
Good luck - I'm still trying to get myself to only check it once a day :oops:
I am going cold turkey on checking the Nissan site. Next login will be after I receive the actual email. Good luck to you all.

Very cool. Checked a few minutes ago, and now the status is "Week of April 6" and the Owner's Portal opened up.

linkim, looks like we're in the same boat with the exception that I have CLEARED MY CALENDAR for that week :)

Bud said:
My thoughts are with the victims and survivors of the devastating earthquake and tsunami. My preceived problems are insignificant :oops:
+1.
Mother Nature has a way of reminding us of our true place in the overall scheme of things, doesn't she? My "delivery anxiety" seems trivial this morning compared to the challenges facing other human beings at the epicenter of this disaster.

TT

To honor the victims and people of Japan, I am not going to check my DB today which I normally do 3 times a day. I am sure there will be relief efforts and I hope to donate some as well. My prayers to the victims and people as well...

z0ner said:
Very cool. Checked a few minutes ago, and now the status is "Week of April 6" and the Owner's Portal opened up.

linkim, looks like we're in the same boat with the exception that I have CLEARED MY CALENDAR for that week :)

I as well. VIN # 1053. "Week of April 6" Was not expecting until summer based on my reservation and order date. I'll take it. All of these must be on the same Ship.

Brian, you are number 355 on the spreadsheet, with a July reservation date and a January 31 order date. I'm happy for you, but not for me.

UNREAL.

BlueSL said:
Brian, you are number 355 on the spreadsheet, with a July reservation date and a January 31 order date. I'm happy for you, but not for me.

UNREAL.
This would be one where I would speculate an orphan was matched to Brian. If the orphan was already sheduled to be built then he may well jump ahead of some of us that already have an assigned place in line. Life is not always fair. However I have no reason to believe anyones' actual place in line has been lost. In other words that car most likely was originally ordered by someone in front of us.

smkettner said:
BlueSL said:

UNREAL.
This would be one where I would speculate an orphan was matched to Brian. If the orphan was already sheduled to be built then he may well jump ahead of some of us that already have an assigned place in line. Life is not always fair. However I have no reason to believe anyones' actual place in line has been lost. In other words that car most likely was originally ordered by someone in front of us.

There's easily 10 red SL-e's higher on the spreadsheet. At least three of them are Mossy-sourced, like Brian's. I would love to believe there is a method to the delivery order madness, but speculation will no longer satisfy me. Until I can understand it, I am going to be frustrated.

BlueSL said:
There's easily 10 red SL-e's higher on the spreadsheet. At least three of them are Mossy-sourced, like Brian's. I would love to believe there is a method to the delivery order madness, but speculation will no longer satisfy me. Until I can understand it, I am going to be frustrated.
December 4th??? I think the early September people should be more bothered.
I would be more upset about being left behind rather than not getting to be one of the lucky few that moves up unexplained.

smkettner said:
BlueSL said:

UNREAL.

Hooray for sanity! It makes much more sense, logistically speaking, that if an order was slated for build and then cancelled, someone not yet slated for build would take the place instead of re-ordering and aligning the whole bunch. I think they'd be asking for disaster to try too complicated of an adjustment. Especially so early in the process.

drees said:
gascant said:
Frustrating hardly describes it--I reserved about 20 minutes later than another Bay Area LEAFer who lives 15 miles from me, yet he RAQ'ed a full month before me (9/1 vs 9/30) and is not taking an EVSE. I'm a month behind him I figure as I'm still pending and he's March 31.
See, I'm not surprised that 20 minutes in reservation time on April 20 made a big difference. There was obviously high volume going through on that day. Nissan handled 4000 reservations on April 20th. (BTW - you should avoid saying Pending when you have an April delivery date - they mean completely different things)
Yeah, I got caught up in the passion of the (very frustrating) moment. I realized it only after I posted. I'm definitely month of April (still). This whole process is driving us all crazy :lol:

Just received notification that delivery date was moved up - now week of April 04, 2011 instead of April 6. Maybe I'll end up in March. Still have not heard back from Ecotality about the charging dock install.

Back