Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good amtoro! If I were in Georgia I would be there with you. However, I don't think a New Hampshire resident's signature would carry much weight there in Atlanta. (If I were there to sign.) Best of luck!

I live down in Warner Robins GA. While I do not have the range to reach their charging station, I would be happy to sign. Believe me, when there is an intrastructure in place to support my trip, a QC at that location would be great. And QC's I would be willing to pay a fair price. (to me a fair price would be about 5.00 per 80% charge. Free L2's should be located at every mall. Shopping at the mall supports the charging, just like free parking does. When visiting Atlanta, I would rarely shop at Atlantic station, one because it wasn't there when I lived in Atlanta, and two Atlanta has some lovely malls that have free parking.

N952JL said:
I live down in Warner Robins GA. While I do not have the range to reach their charging station, I would be happy to sign. Believe me, when there is an intrastructure in place to support my trip, a QC at that location would be great. And QC's I would be willing to pay a fair price. (to me a fair price would be about 5.00 per 80% charge. Free L2's should be located at every mall. Shopping at the mall supports the charging, just like free parking does. When visiting Atlanta, I would rarely shop at Atlantic station, one because it wasn't there when I lived in Atlanta, and two Atlanta has some lovely malls that have free parking.

The underground parking at Atlantic station is free for 2 hrs. I admit that I have taken the car out of the parking garage before the 2 hours are over and then re-entered.

I really don't mind paying a reasonable fee for a charge and parking. And I would rather see another station somewhere else than a block down the street. I think it is good to support existing stations in hopes others will follow. Maybe you could just get IKEA to validate for an hour of charging.

nogajim said:
I really don't mind paying a reasonable fee for a charge and parking. And I would rather see another station somewhere else than a block down the street. I think it is good to support existing stations in hopes others will follow. Maybe you could just get IKEA to validate for an hour of charging.

I agree with you, a reasonable charge would be acceptable, but at the slow rate of the L2 stations, a reasonable charge is in the order of cents per hour... Then we see the example set by CA where the stations are installed to attract the customers.

I don't think anyone will go to downtown just to charge the car and sit on a bench for hours just waiting; the chances are that while charging, the driver will, at least, buy a latte and a pastry or shop for some clothes or books, thus, leaving money in the area.

amtoro said:
From my point of view, the city of Atlanta made a very poor decision by installing that solar array; it sure is nice to see PV cells working, but why spending fifty thousand dollars or more when they could just have installed the charging stations for about $1500 each?
How many of you would want to sign a letter to IKEA requesting at least couple of charging stations? They could evaluate the use and think about adding more later.

I can write the letter and if a good number of you want to sign it, we can either send individual copies or meet at the front door on an agreed Saturday at an agreed time and sign it and deliver it ourselves.

Who is with me? :?:

I'm with you, 'amtoro'! I'm here in Johns Creek. We could easily sign a letter individually and mail it to each other. Or we could each print the identical letter and each sign and deliver our own copies. Your choice / let me know how I can help!

amtoro said:
From my point of view, the city of Atlanta made a very poor decision by installing that solar array; it sure is nice to see PV cells working, but why spending fifty thousand dollars or more when they could just have installed the charging stations for about $1500 each?

I understand that the city would want to recover their investment, that is fair, but the investment should not have been so high to start with.

I would pay per kWh come january if I really needed it, but again, I had enough charge and would not have stopped at the charging spot on saturday (the silver leaf is ours) if I had to pay for it. The shops there received my dollars for some coats, pants and a couple of coffees this weekend, because I had the opportunity to charge for free (about 2hr or $0.45 of electricity at commercial rates).

How many of you would want to sign a letter to IKEA requesting at least couple of charging stations? They could evaluate the use and think about adding more later.

I can write the letter and if a good number of you want to sign it, we can either send individual copies or meet at the front door on an agreed Saturday at an agreed time and sign it and deliver it ourselves.

Who is with me? :?:

I'll sign a letter. I'm at IKEA all the time. I could definitely kill a couple hours in the store eating/shopping while charging. :geek:

:D

Based on the replies, I think we can have individually-signed letters, this way, those who don't usually go to IKEA (yet), those who can't make it on an specific day and those who live a bit far but still want to support the request, can sign a copy, mail it back to me and then I will meet the rest at IKEA sometime next month and we can sign the rest and deliver all of them together.

Those interested in mailing in, please PM me and I will send you the letter tomorrow along with my post address.

Extending the subject, I was talking about this to my wife and then the Volt came to mind... should we include them? they are plug-in hybrids after all, but their need for electricity is not as great as ours and if a hybrid is using the J1772 connector, a protocol could be developed authorizing the an arriving EV to take priority for the charge (there is a CA-based thread somewhere in the forum about this subject).

So far I have seen two Volt in ATL, which means there are a few out there, and I think their numbers could help the petition. Please comment about it. ;)

I feel like I don't want to sign the letter anymore... They'll put the charging station in IKEA and all of you guys will just sit there charging all day and I'll have to pay $3/hour in front of the Millenium Gate :p

Jejejeje... is just matter of courtesy; if the charging stations are installed in a way that each can reach 4 parking spots, the cars can park there and as the charge progresses, we can unplug and plug (given the drivers leave a postcard on the windshields indicating a time after which their cars can be unplugged if someone else needs to charge)

...on a different subject:

For those of you that purchased, did you receive your ZEV Certification form from the dealer?
This is required to claim your GA Tax Credit.

I just asked for mine. I hope they know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

I thought it had to be requested from the Georgia Environmental Protection Division of the Department of Natural Resources. They were the ones that signed the ZEV certification when I did a conversion in 2007.

I will call and ask

If the dealer does not have it, download the form here: http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/apb_LEVZEVTAX.pdf and print in in color.

We need to mail the following documents to the address below:

-LEV/ZEV form, completed and signed
-A copy of your purchase or lease contract
-A copy of the registration
-Pictures of the car from the front, back and side (the license plate must be attached and legible in the picture)

Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Environmental Protection Division
Mobile and Area Source Program - LEV/ZEV Certification
Att: Harry Parikh
4244 International Parkway, Suite 136
Atlanta, GA 30354

They will verify the information, sign the form and mail it back to you (I did not ask if we need to include a self-addressed envelope with a stamp but I might just do it).

A copy of the approved form needs to be mailed with the income tax form when we file our taxes.

amtoro said:
If the dealer does not have it, download the form here: http://www.gaepd.org/Files_PDF/forms/apb/apb_LEVZEVTAX.pdf and print in in color.

-Pictures of the car from the front, back and side (the license plate must be attached and legible in the picture)

Atlanta, GA 30354

They will verify the information, sign the form and mail it back to you (I did not ask if we need to include a self-addressed envelope with a stamp but I might just do it).

A copy of the approved form needs to be mailed with the income tax form when we file our taxes.

Wow, Thanks for all that!

I have heard that Nissan may be donating some L3 chargers to metro Atlanta. :D

What would be your top 3 preferred locations if they were to install them???

amtoro said:

Atlanta, GA 30354

Super-helpful, amtoro!
Thanks a million for the time-saver!

nogajim said:
I have heard that Nissan may be donating some L3 chargers to metro Atlanta. :D

IKEA - that helps me get to and from the airport while providing a convenient and worthy "layover".

If it is for within the city,

1. Midtown, somewhere near Piedmont Park, the Fox, etc.
2. Downtown, near the Aquarium
3. No idea; maybe north Atlanta or Atlantic Station (but that would render the Charging Spot almost useless).

If it was for the metro area then somewhere along the interstates, maybe 15 miles out of downtown on each direction (but that would be 5 locations)

Back