Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at IKEA having breakfast and the car is trickle charging in the parking garage; will be at the event in about one hour

amtoro said:
I'm at IKEA having breakfast and the car is trickle charging in the parking garage; will be at the event in about one hour

I'm in New Hampshire but I'll be there in spirit. I have my LEAF "ZERO" T-shirt on today!

LEAFZerosm.JPG

Okay. YOu are right, that is a sweatshirt but my T-shirt looks just like it. :D

cracovian said:
So I'm assuming the solar charging station is no longer free? Could you confirm, amtoro?

In all the back and forth, we didn't have time to verify it; we saw a Volt owner trying to figure out how it works but I have no idea if it is paying by the hour now.

What I can tell is that we had a great time at the Nissan event today; it was great to meet some of you and tell our stories and experience with the LEAF to the visitors. There were many questions that I was very happy to answer.

By the way, thank you to the Nissan guys for the hot coffee and the L2 and L3 charges they provided for us! :D

jimcmorr said:
amtoro said:

I'm in New Hampshire but I'll be there in spirit. I have my LEAF "ZERO" T-shirt on today!

LEAFZerosm.JPG

Okay. YOu are right, that is a sweatshirt but my T-shirt looks just like it. :D

:D

So I just came back from IKEA after spending over 200 bucks on food to apply to some PAX pieces (invited some friends over and broke my old record) and the Millenium Gate charging station is still free - yay!

widgetboy said:
Sorry I missed you guys. I was on a cruise. :)
Is the EV Club meeting this Wednesday?
Yes. This Wednesday. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to attend for a while because of my teaching schedule on Wednesdays.

It was good to get to meet a few of you at the Leaf event, and to see the mods and a quick charge in action.

I had an unofficial chat with a friend about the two L3 charging stations being offered to Atlanta by Nissan.
One is likely to go downtown somewhere, but the fate of the second is unclear.
It has been offered to Midtown, but they are not sure whether they will accept it because they feel it will be difficult to find someone who wants to install, maintain, and pay for electricity and they are not clear that there will be enough benefit to outweigh the trouble and expense even though the unit itself is being donated.
Across 10th Street from the Margaret Mitchell House is a possible location being discussed.

Is there a way to contact the city to suggest a place? Maybe the airport... Plenty of space to walk around and places to eat while the car charges.

amtoro said:
Is there a way to contact the city to suggest a place? Maybe the airport... Plenty of space to walk around and places to eat while the car charges.

I passed on suggestions from the forum to Clean Cities Atlanta, including the idea for the airport. I hope they don't do Midtown.

The airport would be fantastic, and would have my vote. There just needs to be a way of ensuring that people don't leave their cars plugged in for the entire week's business trip.
Business travel through Hartsfield is my only range concern with my much-loved Leaf!

tharcaps said:
The airport would be fantastic, and would have my vote. There just needs to be a way of ensuring that people don't leave their cars plugged in for the entire week's business trip.
Business travel through Hartsfield is my only range concern with my much-loved Leaf!

Seems to me that an L3 charger in a parking lot or garage shoud be a valet situation where the car could be charged just before the owner called for it. Perhaps a half day ahead? This would make the charger avalable to all that might need the service.

Definitely airport! Besides the fact I pass the airport for nearly all my driving, it would lay the groundwork for a green taxi service. Have you seen how long the taxis wait in queue already? (Longer than a L3 charge)

Hotel shuttles could potentially convert their vans to EV too.

What great PR for the airport!

No doubt, however they will charge for it - and the contract will be "fairly" awarded to one of Maynard Jackson's relatives. :twisted:

amtoro said:
widgetboy said:
Where is the trickle charge plug in the IKEA parking garage?

There are quite a few; I plugged it along the eastern wall on the level 1

I went to IKEA today but on the way saw the Charging Spot at Millennium Gate. It was close enough to IKEA so I parked there and charged (free :D ) at L2 - and just walked over to IKEA and back.

How about some L3 between Macon and Atlanta? Like at rest areas on I-75, and maybe the Flying J. What would be real nice is an L3 at every Cracker Barrel in GA.

Back