Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nogajim said:
I have heard that Nissan may be donating some L3 chargers to metro Atlanta. :D

What would be your top 3 preferred locations if they were to install them???

- Near the airport (to encourage taxis/shuttles to go green)
- Decatur (tree-hugging capital of Georgia)
- Duluth (lots of people commute there from afar)

I thought about Peachtree City too since they already are pro-golf cart for local commutes.

I agree IKEA should have charging, but they should do that on their own.

Sorry for the delay about the letter to IKEA; I have it now and have sent it to the two of you who have sent me your e-mail addresses.

Is there anyone else who wants to sign it? we can just print individual copies, sign them, you can send them back to me via US mail and I will take them all together; those who want to meet sometime in January at IKEA to jointly sign a copy can suggest a date here.

Those who are already members of the EV club of the south can print a copy and take it to the next meeting, I'm sure many signatures will come out of that group.

Let's get on with it, It would be great to start with IKEA and expand it to other businesses; we just need to get organized. :D

Is there solid information that Atlantic Station is no longer going to be free? Someone at the EV club meeting thought otherwise.

This is my first post here although I have been reading this thread for several weeks. I got my Leaf December 1 at Sutherlin Nissan. I turned over 1000 miles two days ago. Really loving the car.

Can anyone tell me where and when the EV club meets?

Waltpar71 said:
This is my first post here although I have been reading this thread for several weeks. I got my Leaf December 1 at Sutherlin Nissan. I turned over 1000 miles two days ago. Really loving the car.

Can anyone tell me where and when the EV club meets?

Congratulations! I just joined the EV Club. They meet every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6:00 at Manuel's Tavern.

Jim

The Drive Electric Tour will be back in Atlantic Station this weekend and I will be there on Saturday collecting signatures to send to IKEA and other businesses like Mall of Georgia, Lenox Square, Cumberland Mall, Town Center Mall, The Home Depot (addressed to their corporate office) for them to consider installing Level 2 charging stations.

Is anyone else going to be there? maybe we can have an "unofficial" gathering around beer and tacos :mrgreen:

amtoro said:
The Drive Electric Tour will be back in Atlantic Station this weekend and I will be there on Saturday collecting signatures to send to IKEA and other businesses like Mall of Georgia, Lenox Square, Cumberland Mall, Town Center Mall, The Home Depot (addressed to their corporate office) for them to consider installing Level 2 charging stations.

Is anyone else going to be there? maybe we can have an "unofficial" gathering around beer and tacos :mrgreen:

Sounds GREAT! However, I cannot make it this year. (I was there last year!) I was in Cumming over Christmas and New Years but I'm back in NH now. Probably won't be back in GA for several months. Unless my house sells sooner. :)

amtoro said:

I love the idea. What time were you thinking of going? I have children's activities at 1:30 but I'm available before or after, as well as Sunday.

I can also bring my just-delivered blue Leaf [after four years of anticipation it's finally in my garage!] to show-off three child seats across the back!

cracovian said:
I will not be able to make it but could you guys take a look at the existing charging station and see if they started charging $$$?

Absolutely, that is one of the main things I wanted to do there... if they started charging $3.oo per hour, then Dec 30th will be my last-ever charge there.

tharcaps said:
I love the idea. What time were you thinking of going? I have children's activities at 1:30 but I'm available before or after, as well as Sunday.

I can also bring my just-delivered blue Leaf [after four years of anticipation it's finally in my garage!] to show-off three child seats across the back!

Considering that I have a few things to pick up from IKEA and lunch is free this weekend, I will be at the Nissan event around 10:30, then go to the store for lunch and lights.

amtoro said:
tharcaps said:

Considering that I have a few things to pick up from IKEA and lunch is free this weekend, I will be at the Nissan event around 10:30, then go to the store for lunch and lights.

Oh crap - I forgot about the free stuff... I guess we'll show up after all, probably on Sunday... Let us know on Saturday if you can :)

I've been living without the cable for over the week now (EVSE upgrade) and it won't get back here until Tuesday, so I can't mess around... I've been shopping and working from the Whole Foods store quite a lot lately :)

"Eat for Free" goes on all weekend if you purchase $100 or more, but on Saturday only, they have "Bring your own friends" and by RSVP in the facebook page, you get coupons for free small breakfast, free lunch entree with purchase of another and a free blue bag. The IKEA Family card also gets you free coffee anytime...

That's my kind of store!

When you guys arrive to the event, or to IKEA, post your location here, so we can find each other.

amtoro said:

I'll probably be there on Saturday also.
-Rachel

Without a QC charging intrastructure I'm afraid I still outside of the range. Atlantic Station is almost 100 interstate miles from Warner Robins. Everyone have fun. :(

N952JL said:
Without a QC charging intrastructure I'm afraid I still outside of the range. Atlantic Station is almost 100 interstate miles from Warner Robins. Everyone have fun. :(

We are just too far from you... even if you stop at a Nissan dealership on your way to charge for 2 hours, you will need a full charge in Atlanta and that is *yet* not possible unless you spend the night. One day, maybe

If they are donated by Nissan, does it mean they will charge a reasonable rate for the electricity used? :)

...or is the city going to see it as a profit op? :|

amtoro said:
N952JL said:

We are just too far from you... even if you stop at a Nissan dealership on your way to charge for 2 hours, you will need a full charge in Atlanta and that is *yet* not possible unless you spend the night. One day, maybe

I think they will have portable quick chargers available at the Atlantic Station event. Doesn't help with getting you there, but could help someone needing a charge to make the round trip.

I am really hoping for QC in Georgia along I-75 towards Tennessee. Once I can get up to Chattanooga it's Cracker Barrel QC all the way to Nashville!

Back