Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N952JL said:
How about some L3 between Macon and Atlanta? Like at rest areas on I-75, and maybe the Flying J. What would be real nice is an L3 at every Cracker Barrel in GA.
These particular ones were donated to the city of Atlanta, so that was not going to happen. L3 at the airport would help though, even if it doesn't quite get you here.

widgetboy said:
amtoro said:
widgetboy said:
Where is the trickle charge plug in the IKEA parking garage?

There are quite a few; I plugged it along the eastern wall on the level 1

I went to IKEA today but on the way saw the Charging Spot at Millennium Gate. It was close enough to IKEA so I parked there and charged (free :D ) at L2 - and just walked over to IKEA and back.

It is good to know it is still free, but it would be nice to know until when to avoid a surprise one day... I wonder how much power has that solar array sold to the Georgia Power grid during the past 4.5 months. Perhaps at least 1 MWh given it's been fall and winter?

amtoro said:
Is there a way to contact the city to suggest a place? Maybe the airport... Plenty of space to walk around and places to eat while the car charges.
North Georgia Premium Outlets would be another great place for L3 charger. That would give those of us who live in the city an instant access to Northern Georgia.

antAb said:
North Georgia Premium Outlets would be another great place for L3 charger. That would give those of us who live in the city an instant access to Northern Georgia.

I'd vote for that! I am looking to move to Cumming when my NH house sells. :D

Though I think it should be a manned (valet type) operation so multiple cars could be charged and parked so others could be charged. Instead of having one car occupy the charger for two hours when 30 minutes is adequate. Perhaps the car wash, right down the hill from the outlets, could run the charge operation?

Well, we urgently need a station between ATL and TN that has close to 50 blink chargers already. Hardly anybody uses that infrastructure now, so it'd be nice to let us the civilized folk have a go :)

antAb said:
amtoro said:
Is there a way to contact the city to suggest a place? Maybe the airport... Plenty of space to walk around and places to eat while the car charges.

I haven't checked it out but there is an Electric company that is just of exit 17 400n that has one near cold mountain,
the Nissian dealer has several L2's out front.

I got the Ga rebate form to fill out, I am waiting on my specialty tag for the picture requirement, what form is need for the Federal tax credit? Anyone processed the Ga form yet?

Leaftogo1 said:
I got the Ga rebate form to fill out, I am waiting on my specialty tag for the picture requirement, what form is need for the Federal tax credit? Anyone processed the Ga form yet?

I think the form to submit with the Federal tax return is the 8936. As far as the instructions say, you don't need any supporting documents.

Thanks, I am hoping to get the taxes done before that April 15th deadline this year for sure.. :lol:

amtoro said:
Leaftogo1 said:

I think the form to submit with the Federal tax return is the 8936. As far as the instructions say, you don't need any supporting documents.

:p :p I am not sure if anyone washes their leaf every week like I do due to wanting it to always look good, but I have found that using my Model A Ford Wheel Brush & black magic no scrub wheel cleaner, it slips right into the crannies to get the inside of the wheels clean of brake dust and dirth better than it did on the Model A. It can be found at any Model A supplier on line, look for the really long one with a wooden handle. I use a little dawn dish washing liquid and it removes grime and road slime. I blow dry it off with my backpack leaf blower and she is clean quickly. I have used several coats of liquid glass that will work better on her when the weather turns warmer and we have more sun to bake it on, so far sense thanksgiving it looks like I just brought it home

cracovian said:
Do you need the alt fuel plates for GA rebate or will the regular license plate do?

Regular plates are OK; I did not buy the AFV plate because there are no HOV lanes where I usually drive.

I received the form back from the environmental protection division just 4 business days after I sent it.

amtoro said:
cracovian said:
Do you need the alt fuel plates for GA rebate or will the regular license plate do?

Regular plates are OK; I did not buy the AFV plate because there are no HOV lanes where I usually drive.

I received the form back from the environmental protection division just 4 business days after I sent it.

That's amazing - thank you so much for all the links and the info, btw! I'll send mine soon.

I drove my much-loved Leaf home on Jan 10th. I'm still waiting for the registration papers from the dealership that I need to take to DMV to get my final registration.
How long did you guys (other GA residents) have to wait?

Thanks!

tharcaps said:
I drove my much-loved Leaf home on Jan 10th. I'm still waiting for the registration papers from the dealership that I need to take to DMV to get my final registration.
How long did you guys (other GA residents) have to wait?

Thanks!

About two and a half weeks... Then the attendant at the county tax office was thrilled to know we had bought a LEAF; the sherif came out to see it, that is how interested he was about the electric car.

It took me a little over a month to receive my forms to get my plates. I had to wait for the tax rebate till I received my tag receit. I did not see in the instructions any need to include a photo. Where did that requirement come from?

N952JL said:
It took me a little over a month to receive my forms to get my plates. I had to wait for the tax rebate till I received my tag receit. I did not see in the instructions any need to include a photo. Where did that requirement come from?

The Georgia Department of Revenue requires that you send a copy of the official ZEV certification (issued by the Environmental Protection Division of the Department of Natural Resources) by mail when you file your taxes. Your tax professional can send it for you.

The requirements came from Mr. James Udi, the person in charge of this at the EPD. For those of us who have converted vehicles in the past, he is the person who inspects the conversion to ensure it is safe and the one who signs off so you can get plates without presenting an emissions test result.

In the instructions for the State Credit, it clearly says that if the ZEV certificate is not sent, the DOR could deny the credit.

Please look at this thread.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7330

Back