Any interest for a VSP-delete module?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This other one has quite a few more wires on the connector.
I love your eagerness and persistence! Alas that one is the ADAS module :)

I've PM'd you a wiring harness diagram that might help you locate it (it's for an older older model year, but still ZE1).

Looked around a bit in that area. I've seen some diagrams, but none seem to match. :-/

Bugger! Wonder if they have moved it?! Which model year do you have and is it left hand drive?

Yeah that TCU is a telemetry unit (cell modem).

Oh blast, sorry Chad - I had forgotten it's moved up behind the combination meter in the ZE1. It's at location M47 in the picture below. To get there you need to remove the plastic facier around the combination meter (the instrument cluster) and then undo the 4 screws to lift the combination meter out. Then it's easy access. The plastics look worse than they are, all you need to do basically is pull them off in order. I posted pictures of doing it to my RHD model in a thread at this link:

https://mynissanleaf.com/threads/silencing-the-ze1.34672/

Screenshot from 2024-04-01 19-39-53.png

Complicated this is..
It is required (us) on certain years of cars from what I know.
Having said that when I pull out of my driveway I put my window down to listen for cars coming around a blind curve. To have my car make noise makes this LESS safe. I used to drive TDI VW's that were far less noisy.
IMO manufacturers went overboard to make people notice their cars over others.

Ok, not sure when I'll dive into the dash again. It was a good way to avoid cleaning my shop. 😁

I don't mind the sounds so much but, custom sounds would be fantastic.

Ha :) Well to be honest Chad, I feel really guilty for sending you on that wild goose chase! It's completely my fault - my failing memory utterly let me down. My apologies for having wasted your time, I should double-check my data before posting.

FWIW, that cluster does come out real easy - just a 4 min job the second time around :)

Thanks for being willing to try! Another poster has reached out in PM to say they may be able to get photos of a 2022 VSP PCB, so fingers x'd

What happens if 4ohm resistors are substituted for the speakers? External at least are not too hard to get to. I wonder where the interior speaker is, or does it use the audio system speakers? I'll get into the dash on my '22 soon.

What happens if 4ohm resistors are substituted for the speakers? External at least are not too hard to get to. I wonder where the interior speaker is, or does it use the audio system speakers? I'll get into the dash on my '22 soon.
I suspect it's inside the unit itself because the pinouts of the plug in the service manual only show connections for an external speaker, power & CAN.

Has anyone took the offer to swap a pre 2021 module with a post 2021 module to see if it will work without error in a post 2021? And see if the sound can be turned off using leaf spy? Also looking at this it does seem that a aurdrino based replacement card could be built using a CAN bus shield and a audio shield. It might just fit in the original location. Does anyone have the pin out for the CAN1 plug?

Has anyone took the offer to swap a pre 2021 module with a post 2021 module to see if it will work without error in a post 2021? And see if the sound can be turned off using leaf spy? Also looking at this it does seem that a aurdrino based replacement card could be built using a CAN bus shield and a audio shield. It might just fit in the original location. Does anyone have the pin out for the CAN1 plug?
No interest yet in the swap (other than mine). Pinouts for 2018 model year attached. I can't tell for certain if it's the same plug from @Daklein's photos but they both have 16 pins and look similar from the board side, so there's a good chance. If anyone has the newer model-year service manuals could you check if connector M47 pinouts are the same?

Screenshot from 2024-04-04 06-19-16.png

Back