Adding ELECTRIC to your Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daniel said:
lemketron said:
hansende said:
I ordered the one piece and applied it to the rear (after easily removing the Zero Emissions with a string as you suggested. The remaining glue came off very easily. I also used a blue tape as you suggested). It looks so great I ordered 2 more that I will replace the Zero Emission side decals with!
Thanks Randy!!
But will that modification impact the aerodynamics of the car, and thus the range? :D
Or worse yet, the warranty. :lol:
It will add 5 miles to my range! At least psychologically. :D

daniel said:
Packet said:
At least it can't affect delivery? :lol:
Wanna bet?
I'm pretty sure not even Nissan can retroactively have attaching something to the car /after/ it's delivered mess up the delivery. (Then again, given other threads... they may surprise me!) :roll:

Notice the 100% Electric on this Leaf?
6a00e551eea4f58834015432637b46970c-popup

from
http://fastlane.dot.gov/2011/05/nissan-leaf.html

One piece, ready to apply ($25 plus shipping):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECTRIC ... 4aa9b3f5e8

Looks nice Mitch. I prefer that to mine with the ELECTRIC centered and the ZeroEmission left in place.
Uh, how do you exit your car? Through the storage cabinet?

I decided I liked it best with Electric centered between the other two BUT a little lower than the other two. That looks good and separates the three. Actually, it was my wife's idea to do that and I liked it.

sparky said:
Looks nice Mitch. I prefer that to mine with the ELECTRIC centered and the ZeroEmission left in place.

mogur said:
I decided I liked it best with Electric centered between the other two BUT a little lower than the other two. That looks good and separates the three. Actually, it was my wife's idea to do that and I liked it.
Photo ?

Many thanks to the originator of this thread. I ordered my letters, followed instructions, and now my red Leaf looks just like the photos.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
pictures folks.. pictures.. please. I'd like to see what your all doing and decide if its in my future.

My original plan was to form the word "ELECTRIC" in a semicircle about the round nissan logo, but the letters were physically too large to accomplish this. Instead, I placed it linearly centered over the logo.

leafletters.jpg

Alternate (FB) links also does not work (for me). Says something about
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Try using http://imageshack.us/

sparky said:

That is how my wife parks when she wants to keep driving the LEAF, knowing I can't get in the drivers door :eek:

I was thinking about buying chrome letters to spell "24 kWh Li-ion" instead of "electric" - Maybe next time.
I followed the instructions - masking tape... But I decided I really liked the Zero Emission decal. See for yourself:

leaf_electric.jpg

hatuey said:
I was thinking about buying chrome letters to spell "24 kWh Li-ion" instead of "electric" - Maybe next time.
I followed the instructions - masking tape... But I decided I really liked the Zero Emission decal. See for yourself:
That's the best one I've seen yet. It's actually good enough I'm now thinking of doing it.

Back