$325 ClipperCreekLCS-25

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused, Clipper Creek is out of business? Or one of their distributors? Must have been a large number of units purchased with the fraudulent CCs.

And yes, my understanding is merchants can be on the hook for fraudulent CC usage, presumably there are different deals with different issuers, insurance, etc.

It actually says its a Sun Country Highway LCS 25 if you want to get specific...so all the rest of this conjecture specific to stolen goods etc etc is suspect.

Sun Country Highway is a Canadian retailer of EVSEs, definitely Clipper Creek ones.

https://suncountryhighway.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps those interested in this "steal" of a deal should contact them directly to see if they had any LCS 25's stolen or otherwise obtained fraudulently. BTW Sun Country themselves are asking CAD$699 for an LCS-25.

Agreed. Too good to be true.
I think I'll just upgrade mine and run at 24 amps off dryer outlet I have on a 30 amp. That should still be safe right.
Thx.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I'm confused, Clipper Creek is out of business? Or one of their distributors? Must have been a large number of units purchased with the fraudulent CCs.

And yes, my understanding is merchants can be on the hook for fraudulent CC usage, presumably there are different deals with different issuers, insurance, etc.
I did find some references that it might be Metro Plug-in who had to shut down because of this theft, but haven't found any news articles yet. Hope they catch these guys.

DEFrancis2 said:
Please pass the word around to any of the other community forums for LEAF, Volt, and other PEV groups. Not much can be done about the fact they were stolen but at least we can make sure that they will find the units to be of no resale value. Do this for the LEAF owner whose business is now in financial trouble due to these thieves.....

Don Francis
Business Operations Manager
Southeast Region
ClipperCreek, Inc.
Innovative Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles
2897 N. Druid Hills Road NE
Suite 144
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
404-906-0656

Don, you might want to clarify that post, your signature suggests you are speaking on behalf of ClipperCreek Inc, and that the business is in financial trouble. I think you mean it is a distributor who is in financial trouble, not ClipperCreek.

Here's a thought, anyone who does buy one of these units could contact ClipperCreek, and if it is determined to be one of the stolen units, they could return the unit to CC and they would be protected by the fraud protection on their personal credit card. CC and their distributor would be made whole, the purchaser would as well except for having gone through some nuisance, and the CC issuer would eat the loss.

LTLFTcomposite said:
DEFrancis2 said:
Please pass the word around to any of the other community forums for LEAF, Volt, and other PEV groups. Not much can be done about the fact they were stolen but at least we can make sure that they will find the units to be of no resale value. Do this for the LEAF owner whose business is now in financial trouble due to these thieves.....

Don, you might want to clarify that post, your signature suggests you are speaking on behalf of ClipperCreek Inc, and that the business is in financial trouble. I think you mean it is a distributor who is in financial trouble, not ClipperCreek.

I'm not sure how you're interpreting his statement to mean that ClipperCreek is in trouble. His statement more indicates to me that the victim is a small business owner and fellow Leaf driver, someone like Ingineer for example, and not a company like ClipperCreek.

His first post in this thread made it very clear who was victimized:

These units were stolen from an authorized ClipperCreek distributor using stolen or fraudulent credit card information.

RonDawg said:
I'm not sure how you're interpreting his statement to mean that ClipperCreek is in trouble.
If you connect the dots between the posts you would not reach that conclusion, but Don signed as a representative of Clipper Creek, and his reference to the leaf owner sounded to me like he was referring to himself in the third person. Never mind, I get it, Clipper Creek is fine.

ITestStuff said:
planet4ever said:
You meant to say, "Would that really be a good EVSE if you had the 6.6 charger in the car anyways?"
Stop it.
Why? RocksterAR's post illustrates that he needs to know the difference between an EVSE and the (on-board) charger that's in a BEV.

Using the wrong terminology can cause confusion and lead to buying the wrong thing or overpaying. People need to understand which pieces can be a limiting factor and why.

lion said:
LTLFTcomposite said:

I did find some references that it might be Metro Plug-in who had to shut down because of this theft, but haven't found any news articles yet. Hope they catch these guys.

This is correct.
It was a ring of CC thieves up and down the East coast, including Canada.

RocksterAR said:
Dalamchops. Did you ever get yours or has it even shipped yet...curious?

It just shipped today... Looks like the seller is paying a crapload for next day shipping. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

It's coming from Anjou, QC, Canada

sergeyka said:
Ebay still has the active listings for those, if the goods are stolen why the listing(s) are not suspended by Ebay?
From http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/stolen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;:
What to do if you see stolen property on eBay

If you see stolen property on eBay or items with missing or altered serial numbers, please contact local law enforcement immediately and ask them to contact us using our form reserved for law enforcement officials. Under eBay’s privacy policy, our attorneys will provide important records about pending and past listings in response to an official request from law enforcement officials.

When the law enforcement official contacts us, ask that he or she include all relevant information, including the case number and any item numbers or user IDs. This information appears on the listing page.

Please don't use the law enforcement form to contact us unless you are a law enforcement official.
I've been pretty damned annoyed in the past w/stolen stuff appearing on EBay, in particular stolen Nissan Maxima HIDs (from 02-03 Maximas), when they were being stolen left and right. I had an 02 Maxima w/HIDs before and would at least a post a week from maxima.org members who'd gotten their headlights stolen (usually in NY or NJ).

I'd go on EBay and see ones that were clearly stolen (the plastic tabs from the brackets broken). The rightful owner would use the right tool (10 mm nut driver, IIRC) to remove them from a car instead of prying them out and breaking the brackets, which is what thieves do.

sergeyka said:
Ebay still has the active listings for those, if the goods are stolen why the listing(s) are not suspended by Ebay?
How would you prove to ebay that these are the units stolen from a specific business?
dalamchops said:
It just shipped today... Looks like the seller is paying a crapload for next day shipping. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Well, assuming the other comments in the thread are correct, I'm guessing it's not really the seller that's paying for next day shipping. Maybe you'll be involved in an international mail fraud investigation too. Since Canadians are involved, you can be sure it will be the friendliest conversation you're ever likely to have.

ITestStuff said:
sergeyka said:
How would you prove to ebay that these are the units stolen from a specific business?
Yep. I suppose Clipper Creek can try contacting law enforcement and to see what can be done.

For EBay shoppers, there's not much that can be done. :( When I saw stolen Maxima HIDs, I sure didn't have the time nor motivation to try contacting the local police of every single instance of stolen headlights I saw.

ITestStuff said:
sergeyka said:
dalamchops said:

Well, assuming the other comments in the thread are correct, I'm guessing it's not really the seller that's paying for next day shipping. Maybe you'll be involved in an international mail fraud investigation too. Since Canadians are involved, you can be sure it will be the friendliest conversation you're ever likely to have.

The Internet sure has a lot of assholes. Not sure why you are trying to look like the bad guy here. I already have stated that I'd get in touch with CC about this, but people like you make me want to reconsider going out of my way to do what's right.

Stupid question, if you buy stolen property from perpetrators of credit card fraud using a credit card, can't you be pretty sure your credit card information has now been compromised?

LTLFTcomposite said:
Stupid question, if you buy stolen property from perpetrators of credit card fraud using a credit card, can't you be pretty sure your credit card information has now been compromised?

The products are sold on ebay, it's being paid with paypal.

dalamchops said:
The Internet sure has a lot of assholes. Not sure why you are trying to look like the bad guy here.
Oh I'm definitely an asshole, but I'm not being one on this thread. I'm not doing anything in this discussion to look like the bad guy.

Back