$325 ClipperCreekLCS-25

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalamchops

http://www.ebay.com/itm/evCHARGER-LCS-25-/281125032852?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41745b9394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALready have a Siemens Versicharge for my main residence, but went ahead and ordered one of these for my weekend home since it's so cheap.

Will give a full charge in 7 hours.

Price that seems too good to be true.
New ebay user
Generic ebay user name that I'd associate with spammers
Shipping from outside the US

This screams "scam" to me.

These units were stolen from an authorized ClipperCreek distributor using stolen or fraudulent credit card information. ClipperCreek has been notified of the serial numbers involved and the warranty has been cancelled on these units. Please only purchase from authorized ClipperCreek distributors. Do not deal with these scam artist who are ruining legitimate businesses. If you know who these people are notify the police in the US or RCMP in Canada.

Don Francis
Business Operations Manager
Southeast Region
ClipperCreek, Inc.
Innovative Charging Infrastructure for Electric Vehicles
2897 N. Druid Hills Road NE
Suite 144
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
404-906-0656

Please pass the word around to any of the other community forums for LEAF, Volt, and other PEV groups. Not much can be done about the fact they were stolen but at least we can make sure that they will find the units to be of no resale value. Do this for the LEAF owner whose business is now in financial trouble due to these thieves.....

Don Francis
Southeast Region
ClipperCreek, Inc.
Suite 144
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
404-906-0656

Yes, notify me at the email address below and I will pass it on to the authorities. Thanks

Don Francis
Southeast Region
ClipperCreek, Inc.
Suite 144
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
404-906-0656
[email protected]

DEFrancis2 said:
These units were stolen from an authorized ClipperCreek distributor using stolen or fraudulent credit card information. ClipperCreek has been notified of the serial numbers involved and the warranty has been cancelled on these units. Please only purchase from authorized ClipperCreek distributors. Do not deal with these scam artist who are ruining legitimate businesses. If you know who these people are notify the police in the US or RCMP in Canada.
Don,

Thanks for posting. Glad to know my spidey-sense was right on this one :)

Are you saying that as a general rule, the warranty is only valid for units purchased from one of the distributors listed on your website? Or is that a special case for these units?

And it's one thing if people KNOW the units are stolen and purchase them anyway. But some folks may just think they're getting a great deal. Doesn't really seem fair to punish the people that purchased the items.

ITestStuff said:
DEFrancis2 said:
Don,

Thanks for posting. Glad to know my spidey-sense was right on this one :)

Are you saying that as a general rule, the warranty is only valid for units purchased from one of the distributors listed on your website? Or is that a special case for these units?

And it's one thing if people KNOW the units are stolen and purchase them anyway. But some folks may just think they're getting a great deal. Doesn't really seem fair to punish the people that purchased the items.
I see your point, but is it fair that a ClipperCreek supplier has to go out of business because of these stolen black market chargers?

Leafboy said:
I see your point, but is it fair that a ClipperCreek supplier has to go out of business because of these stolen black market chargers?
I think if you really saw my point, you wouldn't have asked that question :)

Not that type of theft. The chargers were purchased with fraudlent credit cards. I don't know all the details, but the way it was done is not covered by insurance.

Merchants aren't left holding the bag when stolen cards are used. Neither is the owner of the card. The only reason this would be a problem is if the merchant didn't authorize the card. That would be incredibly stupid of them.

Buying stolen goods. Regardless of insurance coverage who is going to support this seller, hopefully no one. CC can have the ebay posting removed if they report is as stolen goods.

RocksterAR said:
Would that really be a good charger if you had the 6.6 anyways ?
You meant to say, "Would that really be a good EVSE if you had the 6.6 charger in the car anyways?"

The answer is "yes". Clipper Creek builds good solid EVSEs, and that one would charge at 20 amps (at the wall). Charging a new LEAF from Low Battery Warning to 80% requires about 16 kWh at the wall, and 20 amps provides 4.8 kW at 240v. So with the LCS-25 the car would complete that charge in less than 3½ hours. Isn't that fast enough for you?

True, that EVSE will only drive the 6.6 kW charger at about ¾ of its maximum speed, but that shouldn't matter to most people at home. The car will always be charged by the time you get up in the morning. Where the faster charger really matters is on the road, if you need a bit more juice to make it home.

Ray

kubel said:
Merchants aren't left holding the bag when stolen cards are used. Neither is the owner of the card. The only reason this would be a problem is if the merchant didn't authorize the card. That would be incredibly stupid of them.

This merchant was very much left holding the bag. They are out the money and the merchandise and are now out of business.

ITestStuff said:
... And it's one thing if people KNOW the units are stolen and purchase them anyway. But some folks may just think they're getting a great deal. Doesn't really seem fair to punish the people that purchased the items.
It's a very firm point of law that ignorance doesn't keep you from experiencing a loss from buying stolen goods. It can keep you from going to jail, but the stolen items belong to the original owner, not a subsequent buyer. Someone who tries to get warranty service will be lucky if they aren't required to return the EVSE, forget actually getting warranty service.

As for fair, Anyone buying "new" stuff off eBay for 40% off the regular price SHOULD be thinking that the items may be stolen. I wouldn't have done it without assurance they were legit.

Back