2nd LEAF in Colorado?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ampitupco said:
I'm picking up my Leaf at 11:30 today - snow be damned!

I would have the dealer hold the vehicle until the roads are dry. Just my pet peeve.

Oh, yeah don't get the dealer name badge on it either. They don't deserve free advertising.

Got the Leaf! My bad for not including more details.

Empire Lakewood Nissan. It came in yesterday - the Nissan site had me at Jan 19th up until yesterday when it changed to Jan 12.

Dirty Leaf is Dirty.

132631989817210.jpg

rjd2003 said:
xiaoyu80305 said:
"For vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2010, the cost used in the computations described above must be
reduced by any credits, grants, or rebates, including federal credits, grants, or rebates for which the purchaser is
eligible."

Thanks, I saw this statement on the page 2 under "Computation of Credit - for 2010 and 2011" (last paragraph). Right now we need the new figure of Incremental price difference for 2012 Leaf. Could we use 2011 figure adding the price increase to be 2012 figure? I have sent an email to IRS of Colorado. I will update the information as soon as I received answer.

I don't know if this is final but I did get the following info from Colorado DOR:

2011 & 12 Leaf: Category 1

Incremental price difference $13,920.00 Includes Federal Tax credit $7,500

Incremental price difference for comparison after Federal tax credit $6,420

Tax credit available for tax year 2012 $ 4,815.00

I am waiting for 2012 Leaf in tax year 2011 from Colorado DOR as well, so let me see the answer will be the same. They didn't even have a figure for 2011 tax year yet, how did they already have the figure for 2012 tax year?

Ampitup,

After you've had a chance to get over the thrill of new Leaf ownership, give us all a rundown of your experience!

We'd truly enjoy getting your first impressions of the Leaf, the buying/leasing experience, and how the performance works with your daily commute.

Enjoy the ride! We all wish you many safe and gas-free miles!

Photos of my Eaton EV Charger

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74319150@N08/6689673851/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74319150@N08/6689673383/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Should I be charged sales tax on the MSRP or the sales subtotal(price after tax rebate taken out)?????????????????

My sales tax on $38,100 MSRP = $1890.86
My sales tax on $30,600(after rebate)= $ $1530.00

GREENEV said:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Should I be charged sales tax on the MSRP or the sales subtotal(price after tax rebate taken out)?????????????????

I can't speak for the Front Range, but I paid just the 2.9% state sales tax (and not the 2% county sales tax here). Sales tax is on the total purchase price, the federal tax credit is irrelevant. However, if you are leasing, that might well be different. That would be a question for the DMV office or county clerk and recorder, depending on how car registrations are handled in Denver.

Update on Mike Nelson, Meteorologist from Denver ABC 7 regarding Colorado LEAF club:

Nice to hear from you! I am excited for your project and am forwarding your idea on to Ted Vanderveen. Ted is coordinating our various green initiatives and will take a look at your proposal.

Thanks so much!

Mike

dgpcolorado said:
GREENEV said:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

I can't speak for the Front Range, but I paid just the 2.9% state sales tax (and not the 2% county sales tax here). Sales tax is on the total purchase price, the federal tax credit is irrelevant. However, if you are leasing, that might well be different. That would be a question for the DMV office or county clerk and recorder, depending on how car registrations are handled in Denver.
I checked on how sales tax is applied in Colorado. If the car is purchased in another county (or out of state) only the 2.9% state sales tax is charged. If the car is purchased in the same county as the buyer's residence then county sales tax is also charged. If the car is purchased in the same city as the buyer's residence then county and city sales tax is charged. These rules apply for both purchases from dealers and private party transactions and are based on the location of the seller and residence of the buyer.

FWIW.

Since February is just around the corner... is there a person who wants to take point on the Colorado Leaf Meet Up?

I am happy to help but, we need to have a central point of contact for things...

PM me if you would like me to assist ... and I'll respond with my contact information...batzman :cool:

GREENEV said:
Update on Mike Nelson, Meteorologist from Denver ABC 7 regarding Colorado LEAF club:

Nice to hear from you! I am excited for your project and am forwarding your idea on to Ted Vanderveen. Ted is coordinating our various green initiatives and will take a look at your proposal.

Thanks so much!

Mike

QUESTION: I'm not sure if this question has been answered yet in the forum somewhere.....................

Why does my dashboard currently state 3.7m/kw and the main status screen indicates 3.8m/kw???????????

I thought they were sync'd?

dgpcolorado said:
GREENEV said:
IMPORTANT QUESTION:

I talked to two dealers and each said the buyer is responsible for paying state and county sales tax(where you live). Highlands Ranch is now 5.0% TOTAL.

Back