240V EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE - (likely scam buyer beware)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
financeguy said:
Since I'm not close to them I really don't know about moving their office. I will say I heard a few months ago they where in talks with companies in China about a buy out but rumors are easy, facts on this company are hard to find. I do know that the government is looking into them because of all the complaints including the one I filed. I hope this works out for you, it did for me in the end, but I was lucky Chris helped me out. Moving out of country (Nigeria) would help them with a govenment investigation, but again, that's a guess. It would be great if all the people who lost money with this company got a working unit from anywhere.

Anyone who has one of these units or was taken advantage by this company can contact EVSE Upgrade (http://www.evseupgrade.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and get a nice discount on an upgrade or new Nissan unit the that is upgraded. Phil offered this some time ago to help those that had been taken advantage. Using the box with an open evse is another good option.

Since day one this company was offering units for sale I warned members this was trouble. Members insisted on starting new "positive" threads on the company after people were scammed because they were convinced by the company sunshine was just around the corner. In the end nothing has changed and more people will ignore these warnings and if they start this process again even some that read the posts here will still trust this company. For those that live in their area small claims court is low-cost and easy. I doubt we have seen the end of this fast talking, it's been going on in the EV and battery world for more than 15years.
Yea, and yet - at one time - bottom dwellers used to have more fear of pulling these kinds of shenanigans, because it used to be more common that his ilk might likely face 'other-reprisals'. Of course, modernly, the (often useless and very constipated) legal system is held out to be the 'only way' to get a remedy. Why would anyone want to go to small claims, knowing that such action can be easily be trumped via banko.

CJF said:
EV-Charge America

Environmental Responsibility is hard. We make it easy.®

EV-Charge America – Postal Drop Station: 9030 W. Sahara Ave., #125 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 || Production Facilities: 7770 Duneville St. Suite #7, Las Vegas, NV 89139
Phone: (702) 696-1600 – Email: [email protected] Web site: http://www.EV-ChargeAmerica.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

June 5, 2012

Dear Mr. Ferguson,

I didn’t send this sooner because I've been the eternal optimist thinking I would soon make good on supplying you with a solid Home Charging EVSE. Also, it has just been so hard for me to admit publicly how badly this project initially went, and for so long, until I dramatically changed course.

3 years ago, I started developing the Home Charger for the new EV industry. Unlike other providers, we wanted to provide great value, a low price, good features, and a made in the USA product, with a full 2 year warranty. Due to the economy, we needed to do it on a shoestring too.

During the initial development, I started advertising the product on our web site, as it looked like our initial technical team would have it finished and in production soon. This early optimism was due to the fact that we had quickly developed a level 1 charger, and that I had absolutely no idea how difficult the level 2 home charger was going to be for our initial technical team to design to the required SAE specification, at the low price point.

A number of people quickly ordered home units through PayPal. I honestly thought we were hours away from having a working unit for months, but it became obvious that we initially couldn't get the job engineered and programmed properly, and the products weren’t working as required.

Many excuses for the delays were given by me, and by my assistant, at my direction. My assistant quit because she got sick of people calling her about not getting their product. Some buyers were able to get their money refunded by PayPal, until the account was depleted and closed by PayPal.

We obtained new technicians, vendors and engineering capabilities to correctly finish the effort. This burned through all my resources and new revenue, including yours. We truly and consistently were trying to get the product working, and the revenue went for parts and labor to try and do so.

The fact is, I wasn't able to quickly get the technology working to the SAE specification, and I just ran out of money completing the work, so I couldn’t refund the purchase price to you and couldn’t finish up either. I truly kept trying to get you a soon-to-be-working charging station just like you ordered.

So, here it is, 2 years later, our commercial units have been working fine, and now we finally have the home product finished, but now have a lack of funding to produce them rapidly, in addition to the commercial production we’re engaged in. This lack of sufficient cash flow is due to slower sales, from the horrid reputation we got over this lack of delivery, and has kept us from moving forward. The Internet is a powerful tool to spread words around. First, it spread the word that we had an attractive, low-priced charging station, then it spread the word that we were not delivering them, and worse, it was said we were a fraud and a scam and to be avoided.

But the reality is, I just didn’t understand the magnitude of the task to put the correct resources together to complete the development of the home units to the SAE spec. on a timely and effective basis for mass production. To their great credit, some of our customers even tried to help us at their homes with their new vehicles and electrical skills. We’ll always be appreciative of their efforts. I didn’t know how effective our Internet marketing would be at attracting buyers, but albeit, way too soon. Turns out effectively marketing a non-working unit wasn’t such a good thing.

I want to personally and humbly apologize to you for saying we would deliver a home EVSE to you for a fair price, accepting your payment, and then didn’t deliver. I want to apologize for thinking I could keep up with the cash flow by continuing to pay for product redevelopment, but then didn’t have enough money on hand to refund the purchase price to those that wanted it, including you. Also I should have responded better to your requests for information, or a refund, but just didn’t know what to say. I really didn’t know if, or when, we would ever have a finished product to send to you.

There are many lessons learned here. I am being totally open and honest, as I’ve always wanted to be with you. I know that this letter will probably end up on the Internet from someone. It’s damned embarrassing, to admit publicly, just how bad this project went. We had a good idea and a head start on the industry, but I just didn’t pull it off effectively. I’ve certainly had a number of people point this out, in no uncertain terms.

I started this business without the local, technical expertise on board, or enough money to see it through. But, today, we have some great new talent helping us and some wonderful contributions have been made by the new team, working day and night, to try to make up for these past issues. We are now emerging with a solid, new-generation product. We currently have huge interest and sales requests, but our cash flow keeps us down.

In summary, I know a letter, or an apology, is not what you’re looking for. You’re looking for a refund from a flake that didn’t deliver what you paid for. I’m sorry. I don’t have it right now. If I had the resources to refund you, I would do it this minute. But I can’t at the moment.

Maybe you wrote this off already, but I haven’t forgotten about you. I’ll always be remorseful for not living up to the trust you put in us. I’ve reconstructed your contact information from a crashed system to renew contact with you. With some more time, I hope to be able to do right by you.

You’d never know it from this, but I had a good career in the automotive and aerospace industries, and a good, prior reputation, and I want to reclaim that, if possible. Maybe it’s not possible, but I’m laying out the unvarnished truth for you here to try and show you that I’m sincere, real, and EVCA is not a scam or fraud. I’m keeping the doors open to either refund your money, or provide you with a good quality home charging station one day.

Again, sorry for my lack of performance, I deserve the scathing I’ve received over this, but I hope I can make it up to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Bob Rosinski
President
EVCA

Gee do you think I could get one of those imaginary refunds Bob? After winning my Small Claims case by Default in the Clark County Small Claims court on 4/25/2012 I still haven't seen one dime of my money. Perhaps the ongoing investigation by United States Senator Dean Heller will produce some results? Putting the CEO of EV-Charge America behind bars would bring a smile to my face and I imagine to others too.

Just Venting,
Tim

tcummings1 said:
CJF said:
EV-Charge America

Environmental Responsibility is hard. We make it easy.®

EV-Charge America – Postal Drop Station: 9030 W. Sahara Ave., #125 – Las Vegas, NV 89117 || Production Facilities: 7770 Duneville St. Suite #7, Las Vegas, NV 89139
Phone: (702) 696-1600 – Email: [email protected] Web site: http://www.EV-ChargeAmerica.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

June 5, 2012

Dear Mr. Ferguson,

I didn’t send this sooner because I've been the eternal optimist thinking I would soon make good on supplying you with a solid Home Charging EVSE. Also, it has just been so hard for me to admit publicly how badly this project initially went, and for so long, until I dramatically changed course.

3 years ago, I started developing the Home Charger for the new EV industry. Unlike other providers, we wanted to provide great value, a low price, good features, and a made in the USA product, with a full 2 year warranty. Due to the economy, we needed to do it on a shoestring too.

During the initial development, I started advertising the product on our web site, as it looked like our initial technical team would have it finished and in production soon. This early optimism was due to the fact that we had quickly developed a level 1 charger, and that I had absolutely no idea how difficult the level 2 home charger was going to be for our initial technical team to design to the required SAE specification, at the low price point.

A number of people quickly ordered home units through PayPal. I honestly thought we were hours away from having a working unit for months, but it became obvious that we initially couldn't get the job engineered and programmed properly, and the products weren’t working as required.

Many excuses for the delays were given by me, and by my assistant, at my direction. My assistant quit because she got sick of people calling her about not getting their product. Some buyers were able to get their money refunded by PayPal, until the account was depleted and closed by PayPal.

We obtained new technicians, vendors and engineering capabilities to correctly finish the effort. This burned through all my resources and new revenue, including yours. We truly and consistently were trying to get the product working, and the revenue went for parts and labor to try and do so.

The fact is, I wasn't able to quickly get the technology working to the SAE specification, and I just ran out of money completing the work, so I couldn’t refund the purchase price to you and couldn’t finish up either. I truly kept trying to get you a soon-to-be-working charging station just like you ordered.

So, here it is, 2 years later, our commercial units have been working fine, and now we finally have the home product finished, but now have a lack of funding to produce them rapidly, in addition to the commercial production we’re engaged in. This lack of sufficient cash flow is due to slower sales, from the horrid reputation we got over this lack of delivery, and has kept us from moving forward. The Internet is a powerful tool to spread words around. First, it spread the word that we had an attractive, low-priced charging station, then it spread the word that we were not delivering them, and worse, it was said we were a fraud and a scam and to be avoided.

But the reality is, I just didn’t understand the magnitude of the task to put the correct resources together to complete the development of the home units to the SAE spec. on a timely and effective basis for mass production. To their great credit, some of our customers even tried to help us at their homes with their new vehicles and electrical skills. We’ll always be appreciative of their efforts. I didn’t know how effective our Internet marketing would be at attracting buyers, but albeit, way too soon. Turns out effectively marketing a non-working unit wasn’t such a good thing.

I want to personally and humbly apologize to you for saying we would deliver a home EVSE to you for a fair price, accepting your payment, and then didn’t deliver. I want to apologize for thinking I could keep up with the cash flow by continuing to pay for product redevelopment, but then didn’t have enough money on hand to refund the purchase price to those that wanted it, including you. Also I should have responded better to your requests for information, or a refund, but just didn’t know what to say. I really didn’t know if, or when, we would ever have a finished product to send to you.

There are many lessons learned here. I am being totally open and honest, as I’ve always wanted to be with you. I know that this letter will probably end up on the Internet from someone. It’s damned embarrassing, to admit publicly, just how bad this project went. We had a good idea and a head start on the industry, but I just didn’t pull it off effectively. I’ve certainly had a number of people point this out, in no uncertain terms.

I started this business without the local, technical expertise on board, or enough money to see it through. But, today, we have some great new talent helping us and some wonderful contributions have been made by the new team, working day and night, to try to make up for these past issues. We are now emerging with a solid, new-generation product. We currently have huge interest and sales requests, but our cash flow keeps us down.

In summary, I know a letter, or an apology, is not what you’re looking for. You’re looking for a refund from a flake that didn’t deliver what you paid for. I’m sorry. I don’t have it right now. If I had the resources to refund you, I would do it this minute. But I can’t at the moment.

Maybe you wrote this off already, but I haven’t forgotten about you. I’ll always be remorseful for not living up to the trust you put in us. I’ve reconstructed your contact information from a crashed system to renew contact with you. With some more time, I hope to be able to do right by you.

You’d never know it from this, but I had a good career in the automotive and aerospace industries, and a good, prior reputation, and I want to reclaim that, if possible. Maybe it’s not possible, but I’m laying out the unvarnished truth for you here to try and show you that I’m sincere, real, and EVCA is not a scam or fraud. I’m keeping the doors open to either refund your money, or provide you with a good quality home charging station one day.

Again, sorry for my lack of performance, I deserve the scathing I’ve received over this, but I hope I can make it up to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Bob Rosinski
President
EVCA

Gee do you think I could get one of those imaginary refunds Bob? After winning my Small Claims case by Default in the Clark County Small Claims court on 4/25/2012 I still haven't seen one dime of my money. Perhaps the ongoing investigation by United States Senator Dean Heller will produce some results? Putting the CEO of EV-Charge America behind bars would bring a smile to my face and I imagine to others too.

Just Venting,
Tim

There are some creative ways to collect. Glad you took a stand and got this on record.

DarkStar said:
EVDRIVER said:
There are some creative ways to collect. Glad you took a stand and got this on record.
Exactly, when you go with the sheriff to start seizing assets, start with the phone/internet equipment. They'll pay up in a hurry. ;)

WELL
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WOULD LIKE SOME REAL INFORMATION / NO GUESSWORK RECENT / FACTS

E-MAIL ME >> [email protected]

TEEEKOWED said:
WELL
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WOULD LIKE SOME REAL INFORMATION / NO GUESSWORK RECENT / FACTS

Real Information ?? Recent / Facts ?? Why would it not be something you could post ?? Why do you type in Capital Letters ?? (Keyboard broke?) Why does the Porridge Bird lay it's egg in Mid-Air ??

Things that make me go hmmmmmmm?

Just Me,
Tim

Probably this fellow:
Tom Haynie
PRINCIPAL at EV-CHARGE AMERICA

Real professional Mr. Haynie. :roll: If you want to reach out, just reach out.

P.S. Please find your shift key.
ctrl-shift-key-lamp_1.jpg

tcummings1 said:
TEEEKOWED said:
WELL

Real Information ?? Recent / Facts ?? Why would it not be something you could post ?? Why do you type in Capital Letters ?? (Keyboard broke?) Why does the Porridge Bird lay it's egg in Mid-Air ??

Just Me,
Tim
tcummings1 said:
TEEEKOWED said:
WELL

Just Me,
Tim
tcummings1 said:
TEEEKOWED said:
WELL

Just Me,
Tim
davewill said:
Probably this fellow:
Tom Haynie

davewill said:
Probably this fellow:
Tom Haynie

davewill said:
Probably this fellow:
Tom Haynie

davewill said:
Probably this fellow:
Tom Haynie

davewill said:
Probably this fellow:
Tom Haynie

JUST GIVE ME A CALL >> YOU CAN POST WHAT YOU LIKE <<

YOU PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BIT SO MANY TIMES / I WOULD BE SHY 2 / NOW YOU CAN BITE BACK FACTS

702-782-5064 ANYTIME

Just for your information, I'm the guy who ended up with two of these units both wouldn't charge my Leaf. Tom Haynie of EVCA was the party I was dealing with the last three months I delt with the problem. Since I never met him personally, I can only share what I know from many emails and phone calls. He was the only person at EVCA that would work with me and tried to get my charger to work, seeing to it that replacements were sent out. He would call me sometimes two and three times a day with ideas to try and questions trying to trouble shoot the charger. With me he was very helpfull getting me the second unit and helping me get ahold of people at EVCA to motivate them to help me. That said, it was Chris at Open-EVSE that rebuilt my unit and saved me. So I guess what I'm saying, I'd cut Tom a little slack, he was at least trying to fix my problem and because of his pressure on the company I ended up with an inexpensive way to fix my problem.

Well it sounds like Tom is a swell guy. :)

Perhaps he wouldn't mind giving us Bob Rosinski place of residence, the bank he does business with, any other assets he (Bob) or EV-Charge America might have and the locations?

I only ask because then I can continue my Small Claims case with a Writ of Execution and perhaps receive my Judgement of $910.00 against EV-Charge America?

Register of Actions
Case No. 12A000437
DISPOSITIONS
04/25/2012
Default Judgment (Judicial Officer: Bennett-Haron, Karen P.)
Debtors: EV-Charge America LTD (Defendant)
Creditors: Timothy Lee Cummings (Plaintiff)
Judgment: 04/25/2012, Docketed: 04/25/2012
Total Judgment: 910.00

Just a thought......

Just Me,
Tim

financeguy said:
So I guess what I'm saying, I'd cut Tom a little slack, he was at least trying to fix my problem and because of his pressure on the company I ended up with an inexpensive way to fix my problem.

I'm not going to cut him any slack until he explains himself in the Open EVSE thread.

Follow up---Tom hasn't worked for (with) EVCA for sometime. He and Bob I believe had what would be best discribed as a falling out over business practices. They seem to have nothing good to say about each other. The only issue here is he worked for a company that ripped people off, in my dealings he always tried to make things right, more than anyone else there. He offered here to provide information to those who want it, why he'd take the exposure I don't know. Since he's the first ever connected with the company to offer any help to what may be thousands ripped off I'd at least contact him if I had issues. Since no one seems to want any information or help I'd just let it go, why give him the hard time for making the offer. I can understand being bitter, remember I'm one of the ripped off ones. To spit in the hand of the man, because he worked for the company, now offering help doesn't seem right. I thought this form was a little better than that. If the only way he can make some happy is post on an Open EVSE thread then maybe he will. This is already more than I've ever seen anyone from EVCA offer before, I wish I knew more when 6 months ago going through my EVCA hell. I believe there are things he can say that can't be legally said in an open form because of court actions. Like I said he and Bob R. are not friends and are in some kind of legal fight.

financeguy said:
Follow up---Tom hasn't worked for (with) EVCA for sometime. He and Bob I believe had what would be best discribed as a falling out over business practices. They seem to have nothing good to say about each other. The only issue here is he worked for a company that ripped people off, in my dealings he always tried to make things right, more than anyone else there. He offered here to provide information to those who want it, why he'd take the exposure I don't know. Since he's the first ever connected with the company to offer any help to what may be thousands ripped off I'd at least contact him if I had issues. Since no one seems to want any information or help I'd just let it go, why give him the hard time for making the offer. I can understand being bitter, remember I'm one of the ripped off ones. To spit in the hand of the man, because he worked for the company, now offering help doesn't seem right. I thought this form was a little better than that. If the only way he can make some happy is post on an Open EVSE thread then maybe he will. This is already more than I've ever seen anyone from EVCA offer before, I wish I knew more when 6 months ago going through my EVCA hell. I believe there are things he can say that can't be legally said in an open form because of court actions. Like I said he and Bob R. are not friends and are in some kind of legal fight.

Well, since you've appeared to explain on Tom's behalf, I guess that will suffice. Though I actually still would like to know what his intent was in that one post to the Open EVSE thread.

RE TIM CUMMINGS

TRANSPARENCY, PRICIPALS , MORALS , ETHICS , PUBLIC SAFETY > PERIOD

THANK YOU FOR NOT RUNNING WITH THE SHEEP >> I DONT

WE ALL HAVE HAD E-MAILS / PHONE CALLS OF DECEPTION LONG ENOUGH

I AM TRULY SORRY

MY PHONE # IF YOU CHOOSE MIGHT FIND USEFULL

702-782-5064 THANKS AGAIN TOM

TEEEKOWED said:
RE TIM CUMMINGS

I AM TRULY SORRY

And some people wonder why this company failed.

In order to answer questions you have to actually type an answer. Several people have asked what your motives are for posting here and all we get is a phone number. You need to open up a dialog in order to gain some trust before anyone will call you. I suppose if you want to talk to a bunch of spammers and robocalls then putting your number on the internet is a good way to do so, but if you actually want to help someone then you need to communicate by answering a question.

I suppose your intentions are good, but you fail on execution. Exactly what happened to the company.

financeguy said:
Just for your information, I'm the guy who ended up with two of these units both wouldn't charge my Leaf. Tom Haynie of EVCA was the party I was dealing with the last three months I delt with the problem. Since I never met him personally, I can only share what I know from many emails and phone calls. He was the only person at EVCA that would work with me and tried to get my charger to work, seeing to it that replacements were sent out. He would call me sometimes two and three times a day with ideas to try and questions trying to trouble shoot the charger. With me he was very helpfull getting me the second unit and helping me get ahold of people at EVCA to motivate them to help me. That said, it was Chris at Open-EVSE that rebuilt my unit and saved me. So I guess what I'm saying, I'd cut Tom a little slack, he was at least trying to fix my problem and because of his pressure on the company I ended up with an inexpensive way to fix my problem.
TEEEKOWED said:
TEEEKOWED said:
RE TIM CUMMINGS

I AM TRULY SORRY

OR E-MAIL [email protected]

palmermd said:
And some people wonder why this company failed.

In order to answer questions you have to actually type an answer. Several people have asked what your motives are for posting here and all we get is a phone number. You need to open up a dialog in order to gain some trust before anyone will call you. I suppose if you want to talk to a bunch of spammers and robocalls then putting your number on the internet is a good way to do so, but if you actually want to help someone then you need to communicate by answering a question.

I suppose your intentions are good, but you fail on execution. Exactly what happened to the company.

LISTEN PAL
I DONT HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN
CALL ME / E-MAIL / AND GET YOUR INFORMATION
702-782-5064 / [email protected]

I DONT HAVE TIME TO PLAY GAMES / WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN EXPERTISE / YOU PEOPLE WANT HELP
I AM IN YOUR FACE / I AM NOT YOUR PAST EXPERIANCE RE THIS CO. PERIOD
TOM

Back