2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that every dealership will have them on March 1st, but certainly the high volume LEAF dealers especially in California will have them very soon. I have a feeling that there might be some pent-up demand for the LR LEAF at least initially.

Considering my local dealer still has a 2018 SV on the lot I'll be surprised if they're one of the early ones haha.

Did it spin wheels pretty easily at low speeds? I test drove a Bolt and the wheel spin was terrible below 40mph if you punched it. I'm trying to determine if the extra power over a 2018 is actually useful to me aside from the occasional highway passing situation.

You could spin the tires initially, it locked up pretty quick. But nothing like the early Bolts in sport mode. By the way, I have a 19 Bolt right now and the traction control is much better in sport mode now.

OrientExpress said:
You could spin the tires initially, it locked up pretty quick. But nothing like the early Bolts in sport mode. By the way, I have a 19 Bolt right now and the traction control is much better in sport mode now.

I feel like, at least around town, these cars are as quick as you could get out of a front wheel drive with economy tires given the large torque available. I'm assuming it is close enough to the Bolt in performance that I could only tell the difference if I drove them back to back.

If you were going to use android auto most of the time do you think the larger screen and new interface really make much difference?

^^^
There are packages. See bottom.

Unfortunately, it looks like if you want the Bose stereo and/or Around View Monitor, you need to go w/SL. IIRC, it was that way the the 40 kWh Leaf, as well.

cwerdna said:
^^^
There are packages. See bottom.

Unfortunately, it looks like if you want the Bose stereo and/or Around View Monitor, you need to go w/SL. IIRC, it was that way the the 40 kWh Leaf, as well.

I see no option package for the SL. I also see that it still comes ONLY with leather seats. Morons.

^^^
Whoops. I misread the earlier post. I meant to say there are packages for trims below SL.

As for SL being leather only.... well, it's been like that since model year '13. Oh well. At least on '13 you could almost get an SL w/o the leather by getting an SV w/both packages. You'd have CHAdeMO, auto headlights, fog lights, Around View Monitor, and Bose stereo.

I guess it's kinda like Bolt Premier. :/ Gotta take the forced leather and gotta go that way in order to get Surround Vision (similar to AVM), infotainment package (for Bose stereo). I don't have a huge opposition to leather seats other than not wanting them enough to pay for them, if I can help it.

Aesthetic and ethical issues aside, I can feel the hard leather seats underneath the thin seat covers on mine this Winter - I can feel the seams, rock hard from the cold, pressing into my butt. That changes them from "pretty comfortable" to "Larger Bolt seats."

Still hoping to see REAR heated seats in some future version (2020?)...miss that feature in the 18...still use it on the 13!

LeftieBiker said:
Aesthetic and ethical issues aside, I can feel the hard leather seats underneath the thin seat covers on mine this Winter - I can feel the seams, rock hard from the cold, pressing into my butt. That changes them from "pretty comfortable" to "Larger Bolt seats."
So I’m not the only one to notice this firmness. Was at the Auto Show in Cleveland last weekend where I sat in a ‘19 SL. Basically scratch the SL off my list after sitting a few minutes in the drivers seat.

Was a little underwhelmed by the Auto Show. Nissan has only the 1 LEAF 40 KWh SL on display, no e-Plus, and none outside in the test drive pool. Their reps were one degree away from clueless about EV’s to where I was answering leaf questions for about an hour from a lot of people interested in the car. There was also an ‘18 SV at the Drive Electric Ohio booth. I thought the power seats in that SV were much more comfortable than the SL.

If it’s any consolation, GM did a worse job. Chevy has 2 Bolts on display (LT and a Premier). Nobody around to ask questions and none outside in their test drive pool. Sad for a company that is openly betting their future on EV’s.

I also felt the same about the Bolt seats... leather definitely not, cloth was a maybe but hammered my left hip on the seat frame getting out (as in ouch, WTH!).

At least the Leaf seats are large enough, so with a little extra padding you can make even the shitty leather seats comfortable - if you aren't a vegetarian, anyway. I grew up with hard vinyl seats that were just as bad in Winter, and feeling that hard material under my butt again feels like anything BUT luxury.

I'm interested to see what the introduction of the $35k model 3 does to the eplus pricing. I don't know that the S-plus will compare that favorably at potentially the same price... Nissan has an interesting problem on their hands given the timing.

I’m betting Nissan was not expecting that announcement .

To late to change the price of the e plus it’s baked already .
They are headed to dealer lots now

Back