2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price difference is still significant even comparing a base LEAF S plus vs a base M3. (Leaving out the personal preference of the M3 driving dynamics / acceleration).

Base Leaf Plus: $35K (expected estimate) + 5 pct tax - $7500 = $29,250
Base SR M3: $35K + $1200K (delivery fee) + $1500 (non-black) + 5 pct tax - $3750 = $35,835

That's a $6,000 differential.

The difference becomes nearly $10,000 when comparing a fully loaded SL plus with similar features in the SR M3 (EAP, premium interior needed for heated seats, etc).

I signed up for updates but I still haven't heard a peep from Nissan about the eplus. I thought they were hitting dealers today? They don't even have pricing info up on the webpage yet.

jdcbomb said:
The price difference is still significant even comparing a base LEAF S plus vs a base M3. (Leaving out the personal preference of the M3 driving dynamics / acceleration).

Base SR M3: $35K + $1200K (delivery fee) + $1500 (non-black) + 5 pct tax - $3750 = $35,835

Lets try that again with the just announced base LEAF+ pricing and skipping the option on the 3.

Base Leaf Plus: $36,550 + 5 pct tax - $7500 = $30,825
Base SR M3: $35,000 + $1200 (delivery fee) + 5 pct tax - $3750 = $34,155

That's a $3,330 differential.

Based upon that differential, I suspect there will be some good discounts on the LEAF Plus pretty quickly, where-as expect none on the 3.

Wow these prices are not competitive. I expect heavy discounts and great lease deals to move the metal.

The Model 3 SR Plus with basic autopilot is exactly $40,000 with 240 miles of range. With paint and delivery let’s say $42,500.

The Leaf SL costs $50 more, is slower, has shorter range, and is missing an enormous number of comparable features.

Unrealistic MSRP on the Leaf Plus in the US.

Remember the LEAF Plus still has the $7500 fed tax credit, and state and utility credits ($3K in California.

Pro Pilot Assist is comparable to Auto Pilot and is standard on the SL.

The LEAF is also cheaper to insure, has higher reliability and comes with 3 years of free charging.

Nissan will always have trunk money incentives too.

I think it is pretty much a wash, and will depend on your preferences.

The articles on insideevs and greencarreports all stated three years of free charging for the plus version of the Leaf. It's possible that's a mistake, though. For example, "If public charging is essential for you, the Leaf Plus includes three years of free-charging with Nissan’s No Charge to Charge (NCTC) program " from https://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-e-plus-test-drive-ev/

Astros said:
The articles on insideevs and greencarreports all stated three years of free charging for the plus version of the Leaf. It's possible that's a mistake, though. For example, "If public charging is essential for you, the Leaf Plus includes three years of free-charging with Nissan’s No Charge to Charge (NCTC) program " from https://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-e-plus-test-drive-ev/

Well mark me corrected!

that is worth a grand easily (for a year)

jlv said:
jdcbomb said:

Lets try that again with the just announced base LEAF+ pricing and skipping the option on the 3.

I thought the LEAF also has a delivery fee.

OrientExpress said:

Agreed. And far more people will prefer a Tesla to a Leaf. Nissan cannot stir the kind of fanaticism that the Tesla name does. The Leaf will not sell a fifth as many cars as the Model 3 in 2019.

OrientExpress said:
Nissan is charging a premium for the ability to fry an egg on the battery.

SageBrush said:
jlv said:
jdcbomb said:

I thought the LEAF also has a delivery fee.

It does but sales tax is almost double here so its a wash :)

GetOffYourGas said:
OrientExpress said:

Agreed. And far more people will prefer a Tesla to a Leaf. Nissan cannot stir the kind of fanaticism that the Tesla name does. The Leaf will not sell a fifth as many cars as the Model 3 in 2019.
Tesla was approaching ~ 20x LEAF sales in the US ... before the price cuts.

LEAF sales are going to ground to nothing until heavy discounts are applied.

SageBrush said:
GetOffYourGas said:
OrientExpress said:

Yes, but the US is NOT the Leaf's main market. Not by a long shot. I was talking internationally.

OrientExpress said:
The LEAF is also cheaper to insure, has higher reliability and comes with 3 years of free charging.
My 3 LR costs less to insure than my '13 Leaf and '16 Volt. Came as a big surprise to me too ...

GetOffYourGas said:
SageBrush said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Yes, but the US is NOT the Leaf's main market. Not by a long shot. I was talking internationally.
That's because Tesla just started selling 3 outside US.

Back