2016 Nissan LEAF Information - 30 kWh SV/SL, 24 kWh S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sublime said:
kensiko said:
When do we expect the 2016 to be released ?

For the US, I think September slipped out in one of the PRs, but was quickly retracted.

At least that adds up.

I believe the deals on 2015's will expire at the end of August. What better time to announce a new model?

JPWhite said:
Sublime said:
kensiko said:
When do we expect the 2016 to be released ?

For the US, I think September slipped out in one of the PRs, but was quickly retracted.

At least that adds up.

I believe the deals on 2015's will expire at the end of August. What better time to announce a new model?

You don't think there will be even more urgency to unload the 2015s after the 2016 is announced?

pkulak said:
You don't think there will be even more urgency to unload the 2015s after the 2016 is announced?
Yes, but my impression is that greatly reduced production levels plus the incentives they have had in recent weeks may mean that there are very few 2015s left. We'll see soon...

For the lazy geeks among us, here's a small shell script to query current inventory of a given Leaf: https://gist.github.com/adriaanm/4711a7a5ab89b3835fc8

Abridged output as of right now:
Code:
$ leaf_inventory.sh S F01 
Looking up inventory for 2015 S Leafs with package F01 around 94804, by color.

Inventory for color Brilliant Silver (K23): 52
Inventory for color Gun Metallic (KAD): 54
Inventory for color Super Black (KH3): 80
Inventory for color Cayenne Red (NAH): 46
Inventory for color Glacier White (QAK): 80
Inventory for color MorningSky Blue (RBE): 36

$ leaf_inventory.sh SV F02
Looking up inventory for 2015 SV Leafs with package F02 around 94804, by color.

Inventory for color Brilliant Silver (K23): 19
Inventory for color Gun Metallic (KAD): 26
Inventory for color Super Black (KH3): 10
Inventory for color Cayenne Red (NAH): 6
Inventory for color Glacier White (QAK): 5
Inventory for color MorningSky Blue (RBE): 8

$ leaf_inventory.sh SL P01
Looking up inventory for 2015 SL Leafs with package P01 around 94804, by color.

Inventory for color Brilliant Silver (K23): 48
Inventory for color Gun Metallic (KAD): 29
Inventory for color Super Black (KH3): 37
Inventory for color Cayenne Red (NAH): 3
Inventory for color Glacier White (QAK): 36
Inventory for color MorningSky Blue (RBE): 22

Really nice script; thanks!

Interesting that things are looking a bit thin around me. Maybe the 2015 inventory really is clearing out? I'm going to monitor and see what the trend is.

Code:
bender:Desktop phil$ ./leaf.sh SL P01 97211 2015
Looking up inventory for 2015 SL Leafs with package P01 around 97211, by color.
Inventory for color Brilliant Silver:	K23	20
Inventory for color Gun Metallic:	KAD	11
Inventory for color Super Black:	KH3	6
Inventory for color Cayenne Red:	NAH	3
Inventory for color Glacier White:	QAK	3
Inventory for color MorningSky Blue:	RBE	4

NYLEAF said:
Mercedes (for the B-Class) and Kia (for the Soul EV) are advertising usable, not total, battery capacity. That's where the idea came from.

Toyota did the same for the 2012 - 2014 RAV4 EV.

41.9kWh usable (about 45kWh battery).

I predict that Nissan's "30kWh" battery will be 27.5 to 28kWh usable... when warm. Cold will still affect capacity, losing about 10% for every 40F degrees below 70F (10% for every 20C degrees below 20C).

TonyWilliams said:
I predict that Nissan's "30kWh" battery will be 27.5 to 28kWh usable...
I predict it will be 30kWh usable because of the 125 mile range rumors. I predict the 24kWh base leaf will be usable also allowing for 110 mile range.

TonyWilliams said:
NYLEAF said:
Mercedes (for the B-Class) and Kia (for the Soul EV) are advertising usable, not total, battery capacity. That's where the idea came from.

Toyota did the same for the 2012 - 2014 RAV4 EV.

41.9kWh usable (about 45kWh battery).

I predict that Nissan's "30kWh" battery will be 27.5 to 28kWh usable... when warm. Cold will still affect capacity, losing about 10% for every 40F degrees below 70F (10% for every 20C degrees below 20C).
If they use the same % (.875) of total capacity as with the original 24kWh it would be 26.25kWh, but if they bump the % up your number is reasonable.

DanCar said:
TonyWilliams said:
I predict it will be 30kWh usable because of the 125 mile range rumors. I predict the 24kWh base leaf will be usable also allowing for 110 mile range.

you realize you are predicting something that is already confirmed right?

DaveinOlyWA said:
DanCar said:
TonyWilliams said:

you realize you are predicting something that is already confirmed right?

Can you point us less-informed folk to where it was confirmed that the 2016Leaf will have 24kWh / 30kWh USABLE, compared to the 22.5kWh USABLE today?

I thought we were debating whether the advertised capacity will switch from "total" to "available", which would make the step up from 22.6 kWh (2015) usable to 30 kWh usable about 2 kWh bigger than I interpreted it to be.

Anyway, I am going to get a 2015 S + QC because the 25 extra freeway miles between QCs aren't worth potentially as much as $4k to me. I don't expect to be able to get a 2016 S+QC for $27k before tax and the $5k NMAC rebate, unlike the '15 model, where that price doesn't even require negotiation these days.

Edit: of course I'd have to get an SV for the longer range, so 4k is conservative in how much extra it would be... It also seems unlikely the base model will change in 2016, the last iteration of this generation.

GetOffYourGas said:
Can you point us less-informed folk to where it was confirmed that the 2016Leaf will have 24kWh / 30kWh USABLE, compared to the 22.5kWh USABLE today?

this thread will work unless you require official word directly from Nissan. if that is the case you may hang onto whatever beliefs you have because there is no help for you

DaveinOlyWA said:
GetOffYourGas said:

this thread will work unless you require official word directly from Nissan. if that is the case you may hang onto whatever beliefs you have because there is no help for you

Wow, that was unnecessarily vitriolic. When did I even state what "beliefs" I'm "holding on to"? I even started out my statement by admitting that I am less informed than you are. I've read your blog, I know that you follow these things. I was simply asking for your source.

When you state that something is confirmed, to me that means from the source. I.e. Nissan. When you refer just to discussion on a forum, that is hardly confirmation.

DanCar said:
Also the fact that Nissan is hiding this upgrade till the last minute suggests there is a significant improvement to the base model s.

DaveinOlyWA said:

Jesus, calm down. You're the one who missed the word "useable" and started this whole mess.

I've read several places that the EPA rated the 2016 LEAF SL at 125 miles of range.
My 2014 LEAF SL was EPA rated at 84 miles of range. I can get 84 miles in my 2014 LEAF.
That is almost a 49% increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back