2016 Leaf Only - Pls Post Lease or Purchase deals.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mihird said:
Frankly, I think, more than likely the Feds will extend tax credits. They just did it on solar...tax credits which were to end at end of 2016, extended by 5 years to 2021 (with a slightly different phase out formulation). Likewise, clean air vehicles might see a similar extension.
But remember, we aren't talking about the entire credit expiring. As it is currently written, the tax credit doesn't have an expiration date. It just says that once a manufacturer sells 200,000 qualifying vehicles, the credit is phased out for that particular manufacturer. The question is how to make it 'fairer' for EV pioneers like Telsa, Chevy and Nissan.

Another option might be no limit for a single manufacturer but limit the entire number of available credits to, say, 1,000,000 vehicles.

jhm614 said:
But remember, we aren't talking about the entire credit expiring. As it is currently written, the tax credit doesn't have an expiration date. It just says that once a manufacturer sells 200,000 qualifying vehicles, the credit is phased out for that particular manufacturer. The question is how to make it 'fairer' for EV pioneers like Telsa, Chevy and Nissan.

Another option might be no limit for a single manufacturer but limit the entire number of available credits to, say, 1,000,000 vehicles.

If I am not wrong, the credit phase out is 100% after the 4th quarter of a manufacturer reaching 200,000. After a manufacturer hits the 200,000 mark, for the next 2 quarters, the rebate reduces to 50%, 3rd quarter 75% and 4th quarter 25%...once 1 year is up...0 rebates.

Yes, setting up an aggregate limit of 1,000,000 makes more sense...those who jumped early like T, C and N reaped the most, but they risked the most as well..and they defined the market, so their cars/consumers deserved the most credits.

New 2016 Leaf SL cash purchase, in Toronto, Canada, in Canadian dollars:
  • Purchased December 31, 2015
  • Received January 5, 2016
  • Grey, includes splash guards
  • Extras paid for: premium package, four Nissan winter floor mats, third key fob
  • Total price, including all dealer costs, above extras, the Ontario $8,500 EV discount, and HST (but not license plates): Cdn$38,128.55

Strangely, the Nissan Canada web site still does not list the 2016 Leaf, but apparently they have been available in Canada for a few weeks.

QOUTE FROM LEO STEFANI OVER AT AUTOCOM WALNUT CREEK
2500 DOWN ON ALL
36 MONTH LEASE ON ALL
12K MILES

S WITH QC
31810 MSRP
234+TAX

SV BASE
35230.00 MSRP
264+TAX

SL WITH PREMIUM
39655 MSRP