2016 Leaf Only - Pls Post Lease or Purchase deals.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tkdbrusco said:
LeftieBiker said:
I don't know why anyone would buy a 2016 SV for full retail when they can save over $10K on a 2015 S right now.

Heat that doesn't suck the battery dry quickly, plus 100 mile real world range? I'm just tossing out ideas, here. ;-)

I'm not saying that it isn't a better car, but at the price they are selling the 2015 S for right now, you could literally pay $5500 for a new battery in 5 years and still be a few thousand ahead. Of course the counter argument is that the 30kwh pack will probably degrade to the point of the 24kwh pack in 5 years, so had you bought the 30kwh, you'd be in the same spot as a replace pack 24kwh in 5 years. To me the only major deterrent to the 2016 SV is that in about 1-2 years, it will be completely overshadowed by the new Bolt, Leaf Gen2, or Tesla Model 3. Perhaps that is when I strike. Buy a old stock 2016 SV at a ridiculous price?

I find it amusing that you responded to two concerns that LeftieBiker didn't mention (battery degradation and future-proofing), and ignored the two he did. Both of your concerns are about the future, but both of his are about today. Off the lot today, a 2016 SV is far more functional to many than a 2015 S. This is worth spending more for.

from leo over at autocom walnut creek ca

1 2015 LEAF SV LEFT
2500 DOWN
199+TAX
12K MILES
36 MONTH LEASE

OR PURCHASE
10K OFF MSRP AND 0% UP TO 72 MONTHS!!

2016 nissan leaf deals are in!!!!

S WITH QUICK CHARGE PACKAGE
2500 +1ST PAYMENT
289+TAX
12K MILES
36 MONTH LEASE

SV MODEL
2500+1ST PAYMENT
329+TAX
12K MILES
36 MONTH LEASE

SL MODEL
2500+1ST PAYMENT
379+TAX
12K MILES
36 MONTH LEASE

It appears that most dealers are going to be willing to sell the SV at a decent price, but don't want to lease unless they can charge three or four limbs per month.

mkjayakumar said:
The deal i was offered today was unbelievably too high.. almost laughable.. Autonation, Lewisville, TX

If I'm reading this right, that means that the residual value on a 24-month lease is being calculated at somewhere around $9400. That's a lot of depreciation they're expecting.

mkjayakumar said:
The deal i was offered today was unbelievably too high.. almost laughable.. Autonation, Lewisville, TX

It's interesting AutoNation in Lewisville, TX does only seem to charge a $125 documentation fee, but then they have a required "Texas Protection Package".

This Yelp review seems to state that:

First of all, the price they list on the website is before the $699 Texas Protection Package, which is "required". I have NEVER heard of a dealership requiring you to pay $700 for lifetime protection of tint and door trim (which they put on the vehicle regardless).

Interesting concept... :)

Recently, I got the following lease offers from dealers in Connecticut.
It was a request for a deal for 3 years, 12,000miles a year, and zero drive-off costs. So monthly rate quotes that include all registration, license, doc fee or sales/usage tax.
As the state of Connecticut EV incentive recently has been equipped with $800,000 in extra funds (yay! :) ), it should be possible to get $3,000 in state money that the dealer can factor right into the monthly leasing rates.

One dealer had a 2016 SV without Premium Package, but with Pearl White color (extra cost option).
It would be $490 monthly without the CT EV incentive, and $399 with the CT EV incentive.

Another dealer had a 2016 SL with Premium Package (without extra cost color option).
The quote was $398 including the CT EV incentive, but first payment would be due at drive-off (so not literally zero drive-off, though taxes and fees were all included and rolled in).

Finally, a dealer offered a 2016 SV without Premium Package and without extra cost color option.
Without CT EV incentive, it would be $448 a month, and with the incentive, it came down to $359.

As all these offer include taxes, fee and no down-payment, they seem better than the offer posted above from Texas.
At the same time, two months ago, I received an offer for a 2015 SV without Premium Package but including the LED Headlights and Quick Charge Port Package for $265 a month, with zero drive-off and all taxes and fees rolled into the monthly rates.

As I'm not in a rush, I'll possibly just wait to the end of the month and ask for offers again, or ask next year.
Still, seeing all of this, maybe I'll end up waiting for the Chevrolet Bolt or a 200-mile-range 2017 Nissan Leaf (not when it has just 130 miles though).

After all, even if it's just $300/month for a 2016 Nissan Leaf, in 3 years that still would be $10,800, and then $12,500 plus sales tax for the buyout to keep the car. That's a big investment. Then in "early 2017" (when the Chevy Bolt EV is supposed to arrive at dealers), maybe I might want to spend a few thousand more, and have a 200-mile EV instead of having a 107-mile EV in December 2015/January 2016. :)

Today I received the following quote on a 2016 sv.
With first payment due at signing...
48 month $332.
36 mos $379.

Still more than I'd like to spend but not too bad especially with the 2016s just now hitting the dealers.

dm33 said:
Today I received the following quote on a 2016 sv.
With first payment due at signing...
48 month $332.
36 mos $379.

Still more than I'd like to spend but not too bad especially with the 2016s just now hitting the dealers.

Does this mean only first payment due at signing, and all fees and registration etc. rolled into the monthly rates?
I was going to ask if the $332 is including sales/usage tax, then I saw the quote might be from North Carolina, where there is no sales tax on cars, just a 3% highway use tax...
Still, $379 does not sound bad. If it was in CT, and a $3000 CT EV incentive could be applied as well, then maybe it might come down to $289... ;)

Dublin Nissan (East Bay) California:

2016 SV with Premium Package

$2500 down + 1st month payment
$359 + tax
15 K miles/year

My current lease is 2013 SV with Premium Package
$1500 down + 1st month payment
$319 + tax
15K miles/year

Essentially, $1000 more on the down payment and $45 more on the monthly payments. I did not take this offer.

I will wait until March 2016 when current lease expires..

They supposedly aren't doing any more lease extensions, but if you can wait until Memorial Day there will probably be better deals then. That's my plan, unless I buy the car.

The extended lease on my 2012 SV ends in April 2016. I had been hoping that one of the mythical 200-mile $35K cars would show up by then, but that is clearly not going to be the case. Leasing a 2016 SV might be the way to go; 3 years from now the EV landscape should be substantially changed. So far, the lease offers seem pretty high. I'm hoping that the 2016 lease deals will be better by April. I will ask for another lease extension, but as others have noted, I'm probably out of luck on that front. Still, 20 more miles would be huge for me. Too many of our trips end up with white-knuckled drives with 3 miles left when we get home.

^^^ Is that 3 miles left on the dashboard? If so you can likely squeeze at least 7 more total with the ac/heat off. Get Leaf Spy and learn how to use it (simple), it makes trips at low SOC more deterministic.

Proud new owner of a 2016 Leaf SV, purchased from Tynan's in Ft. Collins Colorado under the Drive Electric Northern Colorado Group Buy deal.

35,720 Leaf SV Gunmetal Gray w/Black Bio Suede, Nissan Destination & Handling, Spash Guards, Floor Mats, Cargo Cover
-4007 Drive Electric Northern CO discount from Tynan
+ 549 Dealer D&H
+2764 Taxes & Filing fee (ouch, Boulder County)
-3500 Nissan rebate for using their 72-month 0% financing
--------
31526 Paid (minus my down payment)

Then taking out the federal and state tax rebates:
-7500 Federal Tax Rebate
-6000 CO Tax rebate (min(6000, (paid*30kWh)/100)) - yay 2016's 30kWh battery
--------
18026 Effective amount after all is said & done

I'm planning to keep the car for 36 months and sell it after that point to pay off the remainder of the loan. Assuming I can get 55% of my effective amount paid in Dec 2018, approx $9900, which appears to be the depreciation factor on 2011-2012 LEAFs, it would cost me just over $8100. Dividing by 36 would match an equivalent of a $226/month lease. So leasing didn't make sense for me, nor did the dealer offer the deep discount on their lease rates.

I also looked for quite a while at buying a '16 Volt from CA or OR (not yet available in CO) but the ending effective amount was about double the LEAF. Since I'm purchasing this as a second car and keeping my Land Cruiser for longer trips & bad weather, I didn't need the range of the Volt. It genuinely looks like a more advanced car than the LEAF, but it will also be nearly as obsolete in 2018.

It might mean a headache in 36 months when I go to sell the car, so I can't just turn it in to the dealer & walk away like I could from a lease but at this point I think the math works out. My main worry is if there will be a glut on the market of used 2016 LEAFs when the 2018 Bolt & Tesla Model III are out, driving down the market value.

I'm happy to have it -- what a neat car. Feels like I'm living in the future!

-=- D. J.

Back