2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
booper said:
Base SV - no additional packages
State : WA
VPP = yes
Downpayment : 2k total
Monthly payment : 148 x 23
Disposition: 395 (tried to get it waived, but wasn't going for it), waived if stay with Nissan
"Wear & tear" allowance of $500 if stay with Nissan
24 month term
12k miles/year
15 cents per extra mile

TCO comes to: $5799 or $5404 if I stay with Nissan and get the disposition waived

Please give comments on this pricing. Am considering picking it up later today...
Great deal! The best offers are coming out of WA which makes sense - wish I lived in a no tax state! Let us know if you really get this deal. You probably read 6-8 pages back about the WA dealer who made the great offer when no cars were in stock then raised It significantly when the cars came in. Another forum member recently posted about a hard to believe offer on an S model from Oakland that never materialized. I occasionally post that the best offers on the forum are the ones that never happen. I hope yours does!

State: South Carolina
Model: SV + the QC/light package (worth $1630 MSRP)
Down payments + fees + first month : $2750
Term: 36 months, 12K miles/year
Monthly payment: $249/month
Disposition: $350

Cost per year is $3821. Does this sound reasonable (for SC)? Having a hard time deciding, because a lot of the deals posted here are 24 month leases and they tend to be cheaper, but they
vary wildly. Seems like some in CA and WA are getting around $160-$170/month with 2K down payment for similar SVs. Most here seem to be under $3500/year, some even under $3000/year. At the same time some in CA and other places seem to be paying much higher too,
around $4000/year.

There are no tax rebates in SC that I am aware of.

Has anyone calculated a "factor" to directly compare a 24-mo vs. 36-mo lease? That is,
you multiply the 24 mo payment with the factor to get an equivalent 36 mo payment. If
the factor is say 1.2, a $170 24 mo payment is the same as 170*1.2 = $204/mo 36 mo
payment.

(p.s. - the first time, I mistakenly posted outside this thread. They had offered me $296/mo.
Following the suggestion from a helpful poster (tell them to match boardwalk nissan deal)
they came down to 249.)

Corina1231 said:
booper said:
VPP = yes
Disposition: 395 (tried to get it waived, but wasn't going for it), waived if stay with Nissan
24 month term
12k miles/year
15 cents per extra mile

TCO comes to: $5799 or $5404 if I stay with Nissan and get the disposition waived

Please give comments on this pricing. Am considering picking it up later today...
Great deal! The best offers are coming out of WA which makes sense - wish I lived in a no tax state! Let us know if you really get this deal. You probably read 6-8 pages back about the WA dealer who made the great offer when no cars were in stock then raised It significantly when the cars came in. Another forum member recently posted about a hard to believe offer on an S model from Oakland that never materialized. I occasionally post that the best offers on the forum are the ones that never happen. I hope yours does!

Deal is done! Thanks to those on this forum, I was able to get a good gauge on where pricing should be. I actually got a little bit lower than listed, as he gave me a bit of a break to compensate for the disposition fee.

Highly recommend working with Ray at Magic. Did all negotiations over e-mail. Straight shooter when I came into the dealership to sign the docs.

booper said:
Corina1231 said:
booper said:
VPP = yes
24 month term
12k miles/year
15 cents per extra mile

Deal is done! Thanks to those on this forum, I was able to get a good gauge on where pricing should be. I actually got a little bit lower than listed, as he gave me a bit of a break to compensate for the disposition fee.

Highly recommend working with Ray at Magic. Did all negotiations over e-mail. Straight shooter when I came into the dealership to sign the docs.
Good news for folks in WA! We have never seen those numbers on an SV anywhere on this board, but if it was going to happen it makes sense that it would be in a no tax state. Congratulations!

I thought it might be useful to post what I got for my lease for comparison purposes. I leased in MN on 6/22. There aren't any state rebates in MN, so it might compare a bit better to other states instead of the CA, WA and GA leases that this thread is filled with (holy crap there are a ton of incentives in CA checking the incentive thingy on Nissan's site).

SV with Quick Charge and LED + All season mats (MN winters.. salts..)
VPP = no
Downpayment: $2000 total
$5000 over normal wear and tear
39 months, 12k miles per year, 0.15 extra miles
Monthly payments: $327 x 38

I have come to realize I probably wasn't "smart" in getting this deal (I didn't haggle that much, quite excited about the LEAF), so it might be useful as a yardstick against which to measure.

Just put my deposit in for another one...

Nalley Nissan (GA)

Black SV
LED Package with QC
Splashguard + Cargo Organizer

$0 down, $300/mo 24mo 12kmi including all fees and taxes.

Got my Pearl White SV with premium package (also splash guards, floor mats & cargo mat and Safety kit) yesterday with Ron's help! Very smooth transaction, arrived at the dealer at 10:30 am talked to Ron and then filled up the credit app and was done before 11:30!! Thank you again Ron!

1K out the door (includes ttl, 1st pay,etc) and $246.55/monthly for a 24 mo lease with 15k/year.

mig213 said:
Got my Pearl White SV with premium package (also splash guards, floor mats & cargo mat and Safety kit) yesterday with Ron's help! Very smooth transaction, arrived at the dealer at 10:30 am talked to Ron and then filled up the credit app and was done before 11:30!! Thank you again Ron!

1K out the door (includes ttl, 1st pay,etc) and $246.55/monthly for a 24 mo lease with 15k/year.
It was really great meeting you and Dennis yesterday. Great painless deal as usual. Wish you didn't have that 9% tax rate where you live! Anyway, enjoy your leaf and hopefully get Dennis his with customer loyalty $ next year.

I may FINALLY be in the market to lease a Leaf (hopefully within the next month). I won't be able to get the deal done by July 4th. It all depends on whether I get a job offer from the 2 companies I recently interviewed with. If neither give me an offer, the Leaf will have to wait. Don't want to limit my job choices due to an EV.

I'm in San Jose and would want one from a dealer in Nor Cal. Looking at an SV w/QC & LED package, 24 month lease, 12K miles/year should be enough (depends on which job I take). Leaning toward no premium package (haven't heard regular stereo vs. Bose). If regular stereo is acceptable and not crap, I'll stick w/that. I probably will not do a 3 year lease.

What's a good deal in terms of total cost? I'm not working right now but should be soon. Could this affect my ability to get a good on a good tier? My credit's good (I'm never late w/CC payments, don't carry a balance on my credit cards, have no debt, not even a mortgage) and I could easily buy many Leafs w/cash, if needed. If add my retired parents to the lease, could that help?

What's the next mileage bracket for a lease? Is it 15K miles? If I get an offer and accept the further job, I'll probably need that.

I won't be able to get VPP (neither company is on the Nissan's list), unless the SF BayLEAFs group qualifies.

BTW, for new posters asking if a deal is good/bad PLEASE post your state and metro area if it's not in your location info.

Hi cwerdna - no offense intended here, but almost every other lease discussion in this 100-page thread recently is about a 2013 SV with LED + QC in California, including ones on this very page. Wouldn't looking at those provide you with the range you are looking for? Almost every discussion breaks out a total cost of lease too. Am I missing something that you are asking about?

^^^
I have glanced thru postings in this thread going back a few weeks. I have some relative idea, but as for your other assertion, I don't see any on this page (103) that at '13 SV w/LED & QC while being in CA too. Ditto for page 101 and 102.

I do wonder what the lease deals might look like after July 5th...

cwerdna said:
^^^
I have glanced thru postings in this thread going back a few weeks. I have some relative idea, but as for your other assertion, I don't see any on this page (103) that at '13 SV w/LED & QC while being in CA too. Ditto for page 101 and 102.

seriously?? there's one 5 post up from this one that's almost exactly what you're looking at...

dalamchops said:
cwerdna said:
^^^

seriously?? there's one 5 post up from this one that's almost exactly what you're looking at...
Huh? I see an SV w/premium package (not QC/LED). I see a SV w/QC and LED but that's in GA, not CA. I see another SV w/QC and LED but those are in MN (39 months) and SC. I also see a base SV but in WA.

I can't speak w/authority about Nissan but for Toyota, the lease deals and incentives vary a LOT depending on the metro area. Nor Cal and So Cal incentives aren't even the same, for many cars.

New lease of 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with LED/QC package, floor mats, cargo mat, splash guards, first aid kit, emergency road kit.
36 months / 12000 miles per year (should cover 50 mile daily work round trip commute minus holidays/vacation).
$2400 down (inclusive of tax/title/registration/doc fee) and $280/month for 35 months (plus 9% CA tax)
$13082 total less $2500 CA state rebate (application accepted: $1,096,064 remaining funds less $516,300 in pending applications as of this writing)
Total is $10582 over three years = $3527/year less estimated gas savings per year of $1546 @ $3.80/gal = $1981/year or $165/month actual cost.
Get free chargepoint access at SF City parking garage.
Calculations not including auto insurance or maintenance.
Leased from San Francisco Nissan - a very modern, new, spacious dealership.
Nate Heinen Internet Manager was easy-going, patient, and informative to work with - recommended.
Only questionable item is regarding the $460 prepaid maintenance plan they push which I do not know is necessary according to contrary advice on this forum.
Hope this helps others in their decision making.

I just leased a black SV with premium and LED/QC packages in the Chicago area. Illinois prices are typically higher because of the sales tax structure and the lack of state incentive for leased vehicles. After contacting five dealers and visiting two in person, I finally got one to match my offer.

24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year
$333 down
23 monthly payments of $333 (includes all taxes and fees)
$8000 total cost + $395 disposition fees

Thanks for the info, we look forward to enjoying our new LEAF!

SouthLeaf said:
I just leased a black SV with premium and LED/QC packages in the Chicago area. Illinois prices are typically higher because of the sales tax structure and the lack of state incentive for leased vehicles. After contacting five dealers and visiting two in person, I finally got one to match my offer.

$333 down

I admire you persistence, Southleaf. You were determined to get your Leaf and fought the fight. You are a trailblazer in the Land of Lincoln! Enjoy the great car.

Corina1231 said:
Thanks for the nice words. I do think I got a solid VPP deal, but I thought I have seen better deals on these boards. My SV is a base, with no additional options. Some other deals have very similar pricing with either premium or quickcharge packages added on.

On another note, my dealer said Nissan will often agree to extend the lease at the current monthly payment for a 3rd year. Has anyone else heard this? That would provide an incentive to keep the monthly low, though you run the risk of losing your down payment in the event of an accident which totals the vehicle.

Corina1231 said:
SouthLeaf said:

$333 down

I admire you persistence, Southleaf. You were determined to get your Leaf and fought the fight. You are a trailblazer in the Land of Lincoln! Enjoy the great car.

Thanks Corina! Its been almost 48 hrs and we are loving it.

On another note, my dealer said Nissan will often agree to extend the lease at the current monthly payment for a 3rd year. Has anyone else heard this? That would provide an incentive to keep the monthly low, though you run the risk of losing your down payment in the event of an accident which totals the vehicle.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I leased three Honda Accords in the 90's. The first time my lease was about to end I received a call from Honda scheduling the usual inspection and asking me what dealership I would be dropping the car off at. Then the caller offered me an additional year at the same monthly price. I declined since I had already driven it 3 years and the warranty was up on the car.

Later, I was telling my friend who knows the car business even better than I about the offer. He told me what I should have already know having spent two years in the business myself when I was young. He said all dealers assess your lease at lease end, what you are paying per month, how the value of the car has held, etc. and if it is to THEIR advantage, they will call you and offer you another year at the same price. He is probably right since like most people pre-internet, I probably paid too much on my first car lease. I guess I must have done better negotiating my next two Accords because I put the same amount down with lower payments than my first lease and they never called me again!

Once again, the old adage held that there is no such thing as a free lunch!

Last day of June
Downtown LA Nissan
Contacted many other dealerships in southern California and none came close to below deal.

Reached a deal on the below:
State : CA
VPP = no
Downpayment : 1999 total
Monthly payment : 148 + tax * 23 mths
Disposition: 395
24 month term
12k miles/year

Had mindblowing experience dealing with their Fleet/Internet Manager Steve Bryson. He seemed more like a Nissan Leaf helpful ambassador from this knowledgeable forum, completely opposite of the BS time-wasting games played by the other dealerships.

Once we reached our deal, Steve Bryson was more than a man of his word. Special circumstance where my sought car got sold after our deal finalized, he went above and beyond and honored our previously agreed to deal by offering the same car with QC package upgrade!

Back