2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Newbie here and looking to lease a Leaf SV with Premium package and 15k miles a year. Boardwalk Nissan current lease specials on a SV (no options) is $99 / month for 24 months with annual mileage of 12K and $2495 down. Not exactly what I wanted so can you anybody help me what is the range of monthly payment I should I ask for (or rather what I should be getting) if I put down $1000 and lease it for 24 mos at 15K miles a year?

Thank you all for the posts. All these information in the forum has convinced to go electric (I have been on the fence for over a year now).

mig213 said:
Hi Newbie here and looking to lease a Leaf SV with Premium package and 15k miles a year. Boardwalk Nissan current lease specials on a SV (no options) is $99 / month for 24 months with annual mileage of 12K and $2495 down. Not exactly what I wanted so can you anybody help me what is the range of monthly payment I should I ask for (or rather what I should be getting) if I put down $1000 and lease it for 24 mos at 15K miles a year?

Thank you all for the posts. All these information in the forum has convinced to go electric (I have been on the fence for over a year now).
At only $99.00 per month I would take it in a New York second.

Hi,

I'm planning to lease the 2013 LEAF, but I'm wondering should I wait for the July 4th for the better lease deal? Y'day I went to my local dealer, they told me the LEAF residual value will drop next month, so it's better to lease now. I don't know if they are correct, or they just want to rush to get my deal?

I live in San Jose, CA.

Just picked up my Leaf SV from Capital City Nissan in Atlanta, GA.

2yr 12K/yr Lease with $2000 down, 23 payments of $238. The $2K included roughly $1600 in taxes, title fee, and 1st month's payment.

Total 2 yr cost of $7474 + $395 disposition fee. I'll be getting $5K of that back with the Georgia EV tax credit.

mig213 said:

That's a total cost of lease under $5,000, assuming the deal includes taxes, fees, etc. That's a strong deal if it is.

taoyuanh said:
Hi,

I'm planning to lease the 2013 LEAF, but I'm wondering should I wait for the July 4th for the better lease deal? Y'day I went to my local dealer, they told me the LEAF residual value will drop next month, so it's better to lease now. I don't know if they are correct, or they just want to rush to get my deal?

That's speculation. NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.) doesn't release residiual until the day before the month begins. Nissan is known for adding 'bonus cash' around holidays, however its usually on core models (Altima, Rogue, etc.)

With that said, I'd go with what I can guarantee now if I were leasing.

Bateman said:
That's a total cost of lease under $5,000, assuming the deal includes taxes, fees, etc. That's a strong deal if it is.
According to their website it does not. Still magnitudes better than what I got in January 2011 ;) http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/new.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deal does not include tax, license and fees. Still a strong deal? I think it is pretty good I just hope it is not a bait & switch.. I do want a SV with premium package but their special is plain SV and I need 15k miles so my payment will probably be higher

Spies said:
Bateman said:
According to their website it does not. Still magnitudes better than what I got in January 2011 ;) http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/new.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even with taxes, fees, etc it's a very good deal. Using my own lease as an example (2012 SV, Capitalized Cost of around $35k) taxes and reg fees should come to an extra $1400 or less. Assuming a 10% sales tax rate, I see a TCO of $6400, or 21.3 cents/mile if the person uses up every single allotted mile of their lease.

Thank you for the comments. Adding the premium package to the SV 24 month lease would add approximately $20 to the monthly lease (I called them). And I am ok with the $20 monthly for the premium package. I am not sure though if 12K/year is enough as my daily commute (Mon-Fri) is 60 miles RT. I plan to use my other car (gas vehicle) maybe once a week for the commute. So on the fence whether to get the 15k miles a year upfront or just get 12k and pay the overage of 0.15 cents/mile.

I know Spies already posted the link from Boardwalk Nissan but here it is again, in case, anyone else is interested. http://www.boardwalknissan.com/specials/new.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonDawg said:
Spies said:
Bateman said:

Even with taxes, fees, etc it's a very good deal. Using my own lease as an example (2012 SV, Capitalized Cost of around $35k) taxes and reg fees should come to an extra $1400 or less. Assuming a 10% sales tax rate, I see a TCO of $6400, or 21.3 cents/mile if the person uses up every single allotted mile of their lease.
RonDawg,
You know your technical Leaf stuff and I'd normally agree with you. But you don't know Boardwalk like I do. They always advertise $99 monthly leases with the fine print below that it does not include everything under the sun including "dealer fees". Then you call and try to the bottom line and they refer you to an "appointment secretary" who will give you nothing but an appointment. In the end, the $99 turns into closer to $150 a month. The deals are very bad when you ultimately price them out, the worst in the Bay Area. Not exactly bait and switch, just the bait.

Also, $6400 plus Dispo is high for NorCal on a base SV. Note the last 7 deals I helped folks get were less than that on the base SV with very expensive options.

mig213 said:
I am not sure though if 12K/year is enough as my daily commute (Mon-Fri) is 60 miles RT. I plan to use my other car (gas vehicle) maybe once a week for the commute. So on the fence whether to get the 15k miles a year upfront or just get 12k and pay the overage of 0.15 cents/mile.
60 miles a day x 5 days a week x 50 work weeks a year is already 15,000.
60 miles a day x 4 days a week x 50 work weeks a year is still 12,000.

You'll probably want to use the car on weekends and other trips as well. If I were you, I'd go 15,000 lease at a minimum, maybe even buy up to a higher allowance than just 15,000!

Corina1231 is right! Fine print says: 'excluding first payment, tax, title, license, bank and dealer fees'. So out the door is $3500. And my monthly payment will go up from $99 to maybe $178 accroding to a different dealer if I get the premium package and $15k miles a year. Now deal is not so great..Trying to figure out how much should I pay for the extra 3k miles a year and premium package. Shouldn't it be $40-50 a month extra only?

Ron (Corina1231), the deal you helped Compuatic get a week or two ago was 2k down and 170/month for a 24 mo lease. Did the 2k down include tax, title, license, bank and dealer fees?

Different dealer from Boardwalk called me back and said he ran the wrong numbers and with $2495 down plus first payment, tax, title, license fees, bank and dealer fees my out the door will be close to $3500 and monthly lease will be $145 (not $178) for a 24 mo with 15k miles.

I'm asking him to run the numbers for $2500 down out the door (including 1st pay,ttl and other fees) and let me know what the monthly lease will be..

I should have asked him, to run the numbers based on 2k down to compare better to compuatic's lease terms. Don't get me wrong I don't need to beat Compuatic's deal as I realize options and mileage needs are different. I'd like to be in the ballpark and hopefully not overpay.Comparing just gives me a little more knowledge and maybe not get carried away and pay way more than I should.

mig213 said:
Different dealer from Boardwalk called me back and said he ran the wrong numbers and with $2495 down plus first payment, tax, title, license fees, bank and dealer fees my out the door will be close to $3500 and monthly lease will be $145 (not $178) for a 24 mo with 15k miles.

I'm asking him to run the numbers for $2500 down out the door (including 1st pay,ttl and other fees) and let me know what the monthly lease will be..
Those numbers are still high because the ad is for the base SV!!! Regarding your other question, yes everything I ever quote is all included. It's only dealers who like to deal with the "plusses" so you can never compare apples to apples.

Corina1231 said:
mig213 said:

Those numbers are still high because the ad is for the base SV!!!

Sorry forgot to mention that $145.mo is with the premium package. But you are right seems a bit high still as with taxes it will $158 x 23 + Approx 3500 = $7134 TCO. Should I be aiming for $6500 TCO or $6K with a 24 mo lease and 15k miles/year.

Thank you guys for taking time to reply to my newbie questions..A little anxious to drive a Leaf as I have said been on the fence for over a year now and excited to finally taking steps to get one.

Hi,

I'm planning to lease the 2013 LEAF, but I'm wondering should I wait for the July 4th for the better lease deal? Y'day I went to my local dealer, they told me the LEAF residual value will drop next month, so it's better to lease now. I don't know if they are correct, or they just want to rush to get my
--------------------

That's interesting. I was concerned that the money factor might go up a lot, considering the historic spike in interest rates in the past few weeks! I never though about another drop in the residual (like we had in May). Guess we'll know in a couple days.

Corina1231 said:
Also, $6400 plus Dispo is high for NorCal on a base SV. Note the last 7 deals I helped folks get were less than that on the base SV with very expensive options.

Ron, I don't want to start an argument here, but I've looked back at a couple of posts where they openly thanked you for your assistance, both within the month of June. They had costs ranging from 26 cents (24 month lease) to as much as 28 cents (36 months) per mile. Both were SVs with the QC package. With the latter deal, it's still nearly 23 cents/mile even if you factor in the CVRP rebate, which as I've said several times before (as well as you) could be a long wait.

The deal I commented on, and which you disagreed with me as to its being a bargain, was only 21.3 cents/mile, no waiting for a rebate check. Now it turns out that the dealer made a "mistake" and the cost turned out to be more. I was only commenting on whether the deal was a good one (and it was, perhaps too good to be true) and not whether or not it was realistic. Still, the revised deal of $158/month with $3500 down is 23.7 cents/mile, somewhat average and still cheaper than the examples I posted above.

Now as far as the ethics of the particular dealership in question, I'll leave that to you since you appear to know their tactics well (and you probably worked for them at one time).

Base SV - no additional packages
State : WA
VPP = yes
Downpayment : 2k total
Monthly payment : 148 x 23
Disposition: 395 (tried to get it waived, but wasn't going for it), waived if stay with Nissan
"Wear & tear" allowance of $500 if stay with Nissan
24 month term
12k miles/year
15 cents per extra mile

TCO comes to: $5799 or $5404 if I stay with Nissan and get the disposition waived

Please give comments on this pricing. Am considering picking it up later today...

Back