2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright Closed this weekend: Best experience ever getting a new car since everything was finalized over email. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20140322_203709.jpg

IMG_20140322_203744.jpg

WOW! You paid $26,815 for this car? The invoice (according to KBB) is $29,405.

I'm totally blown away. I would love to hear what kind of deals other people are getting on the purchase/lease of a 2014 Nissan Leaf.

Where did you buy this car?

crabasa said:

I'm totally blown away. I would love to hear what kind of deals other people are getting on the purchase/lease of a 2014 Nissan Leaf.

Thanks I feel good. This was my first time lease.

Bought it from Redwood City Nissan Broadwalk. Did some research, found an offer on CL, Concord Nissan: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/4370599723.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Redwood made it better by removing the down payment.

Had a great experience, no haggling. Even though a different person processed my deal than whom I had been talking to. All knowledge was transferred over to new person. Good experience.

Picked up a 2014 SL w/ Premium, floor/cargo mats, and mud flaps.

VPP: no
Term/Mileage: 24 months, 15k/year
State : CA
Sales tax % : 9
Leaf Trim, options : Pearl White SL w/ Premium, floor/cargo mats, and mud flaps.
NMAC rebate: $8200
MSRP : $37,240
Invoice : $34,803 per Edmunds (incl $850 dest fee) or $35,143 per TrueCar (incl $850 dest fee + $340 regional ad fees)
Negotiated Price : $32,664 ($2139 under invoice per Edmunds or $2479 under invoice per TrueCar)
Residual: $20,854.40 (56%)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $325
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $80 doc processing, $15.50 DMV electronic filing fee, $7 CA tire fee
Money Factor : .00170
Downpayment : $1500 drive off (includes $127.49 downpayment + first mo payment)
Monthly payment : $251 + tax

Picked up a 2014 SL w/ Premium, floor/cargo mats, and mud flaps.

VPP: no
Term/Mileage: 24 months, 15k/year
Sales tax % : 9
Leaf Trim, options : Pearl White SL w/ Premium, floor/cargo mats, and mud flaps.
NMAC rebate: $8200
MSRP : $37,240
Invoice : $34,803 per Edmunds (incl $850 dest fee) or $35,143 per TrueCar (incl $850 dest fee + $340 regional ad fees)
Negotiated Price : $32,664 ($2139 under invoice per Edmunds or $2479 under invoice per TrueCar)
Residual: $20,854.40 (56%)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $325
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : $80 doc processing, $15.50 DMV electronic filing fee, $7 CA tire fee
Money Factor : .00170
Downpayment : $1500 drive off (includes $127.49 downpayment + first mo payment)
Monthly payment : $251 + tax

I thought the NMAC rebate could only be applied to a 3 year lease ... great deal, would love to get a deal like this, please share tips, etc.

Nissan has below deal for phoenix , nothing special .
Want to lease one not sure if i should wait for 2015 model if it will have the fix for AZ weather.
Phoenician's please share 2014 lease deals .

2013 LEAF S Lease
36 Months - $199/Month - $1,999 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $7,850 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

azguy said:
Nissan has below deal for phoenix , nothing special .
Want to lease one not sure if i should wait for 2015 model if it will have the fix for AZ weather.
Phoenician's please share 2014 lease deals .

2013 LEAF S Lease
36 Months - $199/Month - $1,999 initial payment.
Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $7,850 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restrictions.

Your comment about what the 2015 model will include will, I suspect, strike home with a lot of us. I think many people here are looking at getting their first or second leaf, and the people in the latter category (like me) are mostly facing an end-of-lease scenario with uncertainty about whether we can extend the lease, what new models will be, etc. In my case, I really don't want to lease another Leaf very similar to the one I have (and love) starting in March next year, only to have the longer range model that runs on unicorn flatulence and changes color by turning a dashboard knob come out just 6 months later.

All of which is to say that I'm glad to have this forum as a resource in addition to the usual news/rumor sites. Thanks, one and all.

guzzler said:
crabasa said:

Bought it from Redwood City Nissan Broadwalk. Did some research, found an offer on CL, Concord Nissan: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/4370599723.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a great experience, no haggling. Even though a different person processed my deal than whom I had been talking to. All knowledge was transferred over to new person. Good experience.

I've been talking to the folks at Concord, too, after seeing the same craigslist ad that you did. I'd been talking with the Boardwalk Nissan people before, and it's good to know they were able to match/improve on that deal.

Who did you work with at Boardwalk?

TomChaps he worked with me on the deal. He is Vpp so if you are as well im sure i can get you a similar deal

tomchaps said:
guzzler said:
crabasa said:

I've been talking to the folks at Concord, too, after seeing the same craigslist ad that you did. I'd been talking with the Boardwalk Nissan people before, and it's good to know they were able to match/improve on that deal.

Josephine said:
I thought the NMAC rebate could only be applied to a 3 year lease ... great deal, would love to get a deal like this, please share tips, etc.
it definitely applied to a 24 month lease :)

As far as advice from my experience, I started with a TrueCar quote and went from there (I also checked CarsDirect but TrueCar gave me the lowest quote for the same config). I'm a lease noob but this forum, especially the lease threads, was very helpful. Establishing the selling price (aka base cap cost) ultimately was the most important step and the TrueCar quote established that number. I ultimately gave the dealer with the lowest TrueCar quote my business.

Although TrueCar establishes the base cap cost, as a leasing noob I didn't know what to make of the money factor and residuals so I set out to establish if there were baselines. After getting quotes from several dealers, the MF and residuals for 24mo/15k and 36mo/15k leases were the same across dealers for all of my quotes, so I knew what to expect and that no one was marking it up (note that MF and residuals are different for 24 vs 36 mo leases and 2013 vs 2014 so make sure you are comparing apples to apples + are using the same drive-off/downpayment figure across them all). I've read that NMAC sets these numbers, though it's not easy to find online, so it was reassuring to see that my quotes reflected the same MF and residual for each respective lease term. Note that the 2014s have (as of this post) a $8200 NMAC rebate that might not apply to the 2013s (2013s get $7500 or $7625 IIRC..you should confirm if you are looking for a 2013 what it actually is).

Since I was considering variations of SV QC+LED, SL non-Premium, and SL Premium, both 2013 and 2014, both 24mo/15k and 36mo/15k (crossed-eyed yet?), I took all the quotes and put them all into a google docs spreadsheet, crunched all the numbers, and created a "total cost of ownership per mile" column that basically gave me the cost per mile for each of the leases scenarios (which also factored in the $2500 CVRP rebate for 36 mo leases). The 24mo/15k made the most sense for me, plus was the lowest cost per mile scenario. (eg. for a SL: the 36mo/15k leases, which qualify for the $2500 CVRP rebate in California + had a lower money factor than the 24mo/15k leases, still cost more per mile than the 24mo/15k leases since the 36 mo residual is about $4800 lower vs. the 24 mo residual -- put another way, although the 36mo/15k lease has a lower money factor vs. the 24mo/15k, the rebate isn't quite enough to cover the additional drop in residual in the 3rd year, though it does cover about 1/2 of it)

As far as my reasoning for what I ended up with: I discovered a Pearl White 2014 SL w/o Premium was super hard to come by (by looking at nissan.com's search dealer inventory tool as well as talking with dealers), so it came down to either a SV QC+LED or SL Premium. Sitting in both, I ended up leaning towards the SL Premium since I wanted leather seats. I couldn't get a Pearl White SL non-Premium without special ordering, so SL Premium it was. Also, as I expect next-gen versions of the Leaf and Volt will be released in the next year or two, with the addition of the Tesla Model E being introduced, I stuck with a 24 month lease.

any of the lease experts on here please correct me if i spewed any nonsense! :)

Josephine said:
I thought the NMAC rebate could only be applied to a 3 year lease.

You're thinking of the $2500 CVRP rebate, which does require that you keep the car registered in your name for 3 years at a California address, lease or purchase.

The $7500 Federal tax credit applies to anybody who purchases the car, or leases it through NMAC.

Can someone help rate this deal? *edited with correct numbers*

Leaf Trim, options : 2014 White S with quick charge, splash guards, floor & cargo area mat
36 month lease
15k miles/year
Sales tax % : 8.75%
MSRP : $31,400
Invoice : $29,613 (from true car)
Negotiated Price : $27,600 + $595 acquisition fee = $28,195
Disposition fee: $395
Money Factor : 0.00051
Adjusted Cap cost: $19,366.21
Residual Value: $13,188 (42%)
Downpayment : $2k
Monthly payment : $188.22 + $16.47(tax) = $204.69

Total cost over 3 years = (204.69 x 35) + 2,000 = 9164.15

If there's anything else important missing, please let me know.

Thanks!

UNLESS YOU MIS TYPE THE MSRP ITS NOT A S WITH QUICK CHARGE. 31250 IS CHEAPEST S WITH QC. YOUR MONEY FACTOR IS ALSO WRONG IT SHOULD BE 0.00051 AND RESIDUAL SHOULD BE .42% FOR 3 YEARS 15K. I WOULD SAY ITS A GREAT DEAL FOR S WITH QC BUT THE NUMBERS YOU LISTED DONT MATCH UP FOR A S WITH QC

bombasaur said:
Can someone help rate this deal?

Leaf Trim, options : 2014 White S with quick charge
36 month lease
15k miles/year
MSRP : $31,080
Invoice : $29,371 (from true car)
Money Factor : 0.005 i think.
Residual Value: $13,188 (47%)

Thanks!

lstefani said:
UNLESS YOU MIS TYPE THE MSRP ITS NOT A S WITH QUICK CHARGE. 31250 IS CHEAPEST S WITH QC. YOUR MONEY FACTOR IS ALSO WRONG IT SHOULD BE 0.00051 AND RESIDUAL SHOULD BE .42% FOR 3 YEARS 15K. I WOULD SAY ITS A GREAT DEAL FOR S WITH QC BUT THE NUMBERS YOU LISTED DONT MATCH UP FOR A S WITH QC

bombasaur said:

36 month lease
15k miles/year

Thanks!

Sorry I was using msrp off the website. I found the actual msrp from the window now. It's $31,400. It came with splash guards $150 and floor and cargo area mat $170.

Yeah I guess I calculated money factor wrong. How

Based on my total out of pocket for those 3 years, hopefully it did OK still?

are you vpp?

bombasaur said:
lstefani said:

bombasaur said:

36 month lease
15k miles/year

Thanks!

Sorry I was using msrp off the website. I found the actual msrp from the window now. It's $31,400. It came with splash guards $150 and floor and cargo area mat $170.

Yeah I guess I calculated money factor wrong. How

Based on my total out of pocket for those 3 years, hopefully it did OK still?

Looking for some leaf lease offer feedback. I've found the forum immensely helpful thus far, thanks in advance for any input you all can provide

The current offer i have on the table is for $235 a month 36 month. 15k per year, 0 down sign and drive. On a 2013 leaf s without 6.6charge package.

I recently found out that I can qualify for the vpp. Although I haven't been able to contact the dealer to have this discount reflected yet. My ideal lease would be a 24 month, 15k with the s and 6.6charger package or sv.
Any idea what I should expect and what would be a great deal? I read the tables on the front page but there is no date for reference, so I'm not sure how current those numbers are.

mcnizzel said:
Looking for some leaf lease offer feedback. I've found the forum immensely helpful thus far, thanks in advance for any input you all can provide

The current offer i have on the table is for $235 a month 36 month. 15k per year, 0 down sign and drive. On a 2013 leaf s without 6.6charge package.

I recently found out that I can qualify for the vpp. Although I haven't been able to contact the dealer to have this discount reflected yet. My ideal lease would be a 24 month, 15k with the s and 6.6charger package or sv.
Any idea what I should expect and what would be a great deal? I read the tables on the front page but there is no date for reference, so I'm not sure how current those numbers are.

I think thats a decent deal, not bad to be honest with you. But try to get QC package, I charge at work with 240 V 6.6 charger in 2-4 hours which otherwise will take 8 hours (3.3).

I got 2014 S with quick charge for 234, 0 down, but only with 12K miles a year. I would recommend you to go for a 36 month lease just because you will get 2500 rebate from CA. VPP will make your deal even sweeter (1000$ below invoice)

So for the deal you have you will be paying (235 * 36 = 8460) - 2500 rebate that boils down to 5960/36 = 165$ per month. OR Other way to look at it is in 5960$ you get to drive the car for 3 years but I am pretty sure with a good 24 month lease you will pay around 6K for 2 years. CA kinda pays for your 3rd year lease in a way.

tomchaps said:
guzzler said:
crabasa said:

Sorry for late reply. I worked out the deal over email/sms with Leo (he is on this forum) and I had great experience with Peter Ong who completed the paper work/sign off on the D day.

Back