2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
virock said:
Ok. My assumption was visit dealer every 6 months for maintenance and each visit costing around $100 for $600 3 year plan.
If we don't take the maintenance plan, how do we go about maintenance. Leaf does not need it or pay dealer for each visit
Thanks
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17925" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your assumption is WAY off and WAY too high. Please download and skim the Service & Maintenance Guide from https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/navigation/manualsGuide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Pay each visit... IIRC, after a bit over a year so far, I've paid $0 for maintenance (2 trips to the dealer were for maintenance, included the "required" annual battery check). I'd write more but I need to run right now.
virock said:
Thanks for the update.
1. 60 miles round trip to office 5 days a week.
Mostly for office commute.
How much of it is at highway speeds?

How will you charge at home and/or work? Level 1 (120 volts) or level 2 (208/240 volts)?

-Got convinced that no need to take 3 year maintenance.
-out of 60 miles every day 50 miles on freeway

Went to dealer today
He changed his quote in person
S with quick charge
3 year lease
Vpp
177+tax

15k is 187+tax

What Do You Guys suggest.
Thanks

2500 +1st payment total

175+tax 12k
185+tax 15k

don't need reg down. what color choices are you looking for

boardwalk Nissan
leo Stefani
925-826-8688

virock said:
-Got convinced that no need to take 3 year maintenance.

Went to dealer today
He changed his quote in person
S with quick charge
3 year lease
Vpp
177+tax

15k is 187+tax

What Do You Guys suggest.
Thanks

virock said:
You didn't answer my question on charging.

If you're depending only on L1 charging at home, you might be on the edge of not being able to replenish charge quickly enough to reach 100% overnight: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=301972#p301972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, esp. in winter when you will need to use the power hungry heater (esp. since you're getting the S trim) and rolling friction will increase due to rain on the road, reducing efficiency.

If you're able to charge at work (even just L1 at work), you should be fine.

virock said:
sorry, was running between dealerships and replying to the posts.
yes, our office has l1 charging stations
Cool. You'll be fine then, as long as you charge fully at home and have reliable access to those for at least a few hours (and more hours in winter).

So have the 2014 Leafs dried up in most areas? There are six SLs and one SV left in my town, and Edmunds says there are $10,500 and $9,975 lease incentives for the respective models, so $2,475 to $3,000 more than the federal tax rebate. Any idea how much additional the dealer might give me off MSRP?

My current lease ends in February, but I figured I'd start looking early in case there are any really great deals available to clear out the 2014s. Based on the what I've seen quoted, I'll probably wait and check in again in December.

Hi guys, found this forum extremely helpful, to add to the dataset:

Missouri
8.3%
2014 SV, no QC but with Premium
MSRP: $34,245
Negotiated Price: $30,645
Rebate total: $9975
Money factor: 0.0006 (saw it was 0.0003 for an 24 month)
Residual: 38% (36 month lease)

$3000 down, $211/month with tax

jouyun said:
Hi guys, found this forum extremely helpful, to add to the dataset:

Missouri
8.3%
2014 SV, no QC but with Premium
MSRP: $34,245
Negotiated Price: $30,645
Rebate total: $9975
Money factor: 0.0006 (saw it was 0.0003 for an 24 month)
Residual: 38% (36 month lease)

$3000 down, $211/month with tax

Interesting — thanks for sharing! You didn't happen to catch the residual for 24 months, did you?

Cheers!

Just thought I'd do a brain dump here of my recent experience in trying to get information on extending my 24-month Leaf lease, which ends in late March 2015.

Short answer: After speaking with NMAC, it seems that all I have to do is wait for them to contact me 2-3 months before the end of my lease, as is standard operating procedure, tell them I want to extend the lease, and I can do so at my current monthly payment for up to 12 months on a month-by-month basis. So for right now I've done nothing and will continue to wait until they get in touch with me.

Long answer: It was a nightmare getting to the answer. I couldn't find an e-mail address for NMAC, and when I called their 800 number, I got shunted into an automated system that had no option for talking to a human being. Finally I found out the trick to getting a person on the phone (see below), and it definitely sounded like an offshore phone bank. When they tried to transfer me to the lease dept. the call got cut off. Twice.

(The trick for lease issues: Call (800)778-4211, at the prompt for "are you a customer" hit "1", and when prompted for your account number, enter "0#".)

When I used the right combination of phone number and the "0#" trick, I spoke with a woman who seemed extremely sharp, and she was very helpful in explaining the process. I'd give her a solid A grade, but NMAC overall a D- for the hoops I had to jump through to get to talk to her.

And a bonus detail: I talked with my salesman about the current NMAC $3,500 deal on Leaf S models, and he confirmed that you can apply that on top of VPP pricing. With the US federal $7,500 rebate, that brings a new Leaf S below $16,000(!). I don't live in a state with its own incentive program, but for those who do and are eligible for VPP pricing, that can add up to one heck of a deal.

Thanks for the info Bazooka. My lease also expires in March so was very timely. I've got almost 20K on my '13 SV and have a battery at 283 GID's. I like this car well enough to purchase except for depreciation fears, so will have a hard decision next year (assuming NMAC allows me to extend).

Petecomp1 said:
Thanks for the info Bazooka. My lease also expires in March so was very timely. I've got almost 20K on my '13 SV and have a battery at 283 GID's. I like this car well enough to purchase except for depreciation fears, so will have a hard decision next year (assuming NMAC allows me to extend).

The one thing I truly hate about EVs right now is all the uncertainty about improved models and their impact on resale value. Well, that, and explaining for the umpteenth time that no, my car really, REALLY does not have an engine, there is no tail pipe or fuel tank, etc. It was fun the first few times, but now it's lost its charm.

Anyway. My wife and I can get VPP pricing on an S, which is why I'm sorely tempted to simply buy one when NMAC is running their $3,500 discount, as they are now through Dec. 1st. That discount + VPP + the $7,500 from the Feds produces a price low enough to make me (almost) not care how much the car depreciates over the next 5 or 6 years. My wife likes to point out that a year after I bought an S on such a deal word would get out that the Leaf 2.0 doubles the range, adds other goodies, and drops $5,000 in price, and the state we live in would announce their own tax rebate. I don't expect anything that extreme to happen, of course, but the thought of winding up with a nearly new car with a plummeting resale value when the one I really want is on sale or coming Real Soon Now is not pleasant, to say the least.

When I hear from NMAC about my lease options (should be within a month), I will post somewhere on this board about my experience.

Again thanks. Yes the EV market is weird and probably will be for quite a while as we anticipate range improvements, battery chemistry, rebates & incentives, etc. hence my inclination to just extend my lease and damn the torpedoes! That plus my 99% battery @ 20,000 miles.
And on the minus side: CARWINGS! (Down again this morning)

Bazooka said:
My wife likes to point out that a year after I bought an S on such a deal word would get out that the Leaf 2.0 doubles the range, adds other goodies, and drops $5,000 in price, and the state we live in would announce their own tax rebate. I don't expect anything that extreme to happen, of course, but the thought of winding up with a nearly new car with a plummeting resale value when the one I really want is on sale or coming Real Soon Now is not pleasant, to say the least.

The fact that Nissan is giving incentives to buy and not to lease has only convinced me further to pick up a new lease. If your wife's concerns were real and I was Nissan, I'd do exactly this.

Sublime said:
Bazooka said:
My wife likes to point out that a year after I bought an S on such a deal word would get out that the Leaf 2.0 doubles the range, adds other goodies, and drops $5,000 in price, and the state we live in would announce their own tax rebate. I don't expect anything that extreme to happen, of course, but the thought of winding up with a nearly new car with a plummeting resale value when the one I really want is on sale or coming Real Soon Now is not pleasant, to say the least.

The fact that Nissan is giving incentives to buy and not to lease has only convinced me further to pick up a new lease. If your wife's concerns were real and I was Nissan, I'd do exactly this.

Hmm. Good point about purchase vs. lease incentives. (And I would also note that if you do a cars.com search for used Leafs, the number in the US is surprisingly low -- only 547 as I type this.)

Of course, now I'll have to tell my wife that she knows more about the car market than I do.

So all the dealers around here are straight up quoting VPP pricing in their newspaper and webpage ads, otherwise I have to pay $30-40 more a month. I've read up a little on this but my wife or I do not work for such companies on the list that do business with Nissan. It seems with at least one of the options you just have to be a "friend" of someone that works for one of the companies, is it really just a matter of finding someone I know that works for one of those companies and having that info verified by Nissan? Anyone on the forum want to make new friends with me to get VPP pricing before I go check out the Focus Electric :p

Bazooka said:
Petecomp1 said:

When I hear from NMAC about my lease options (should be within a month), I will post somewhere on this board about my experience.

Got my letter from NMAC on Jan 5th, they are pleased to allow me to extend the lease for another year. My question is, how will they recalculate the residual value etc. I will post details as they unfold.

We were one of the folks who leased (2012 Leaf) before all the lease prices came down. We're paying $450/month and our 39 month lease is up in August, with a residual of $16,400.

Nissan is offering us $5,000 off the residual if we buy the Leaf now. When you factor in avoiding ~3k in lease payments this year that brings us down to a net of ~$8,500.

We have about 22k miles on the car and like it. No loss of bars yet. We're not sure what we would do in August; wouldn't want to buy or lease a new Leaf until the 2016 model is out with improved battery pack.

$8,500 seems like a pretty good deal under the circumstances. Anyone care to argue the opposite view? Please do!!

Mark

mtrexler said:
We were one of the folks who leased (2012 Leaf) before all the lease prices came down. We're paying $450/month and our 39 month lease is up in August, with a residual of $16,400.

Nissan is offering us $5,000 off the residual if we buy the Leaf now. When you factor in avoiding ~3k in lease payments this year that brings us down to a net of ~$8,500.

We have about 22k miles on the car and like it. No loss of bars yet. We're not sure what we would do in August; wouldn't want to buy or lease a new Leaf until the 2016 model is out with improved battery pack.

$8,500 seems like a pretty good deal under the circumstances. Anyone care to argue the opposite view? Please do!!

Mark

Are you sure they would waive the remain ~3k? I think not. Does not sound like NMAC.

Back