2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hava question, I live in Bay area (san jose)California,

When i lease other than down they are charging a tax for 1000+$ , so if down is 2500 the drive off come to 4800$.

Some people are saying we dont have to pay the taxes since we pay tax on monthly lease.Please explain, can someone from bay area CA who leased explain the process.This is a little urgent.

Thanks in advance
Sambs

In California, you pay your local sales tax (based on the car's registered address) twice with leases:

• on the Capitalized Cost Reduction, aka the "down payment." So yes you will be paying sales tax on the $7500 Federal rebate that is passed onto you.
  • on each monthly payment. Note that if the base state sales tax rate and/or your local sales tax rate changes, this will affect your payment. A few people were caught off-guard this time last year when their local sales tax rate went up and they didn't factor it in their auto-pays to NMAC.

In my case, sales tax, 1st year reg, and other fees added an additional $1400 or so. Note that you don't have to pay it up front but can have it rolled into the lease payments.

Thanks for the reply really appreciate that,But one of my friend says he did nto pay any Taxes on that he leased a s model with no quick charge.and his payements are also low.very weird.

The tax was rolled into the payment schedule.

samba said:
Thanks for the reply really appreciate that,But one of my friend says he did nto pay any Taxes on that he leased a s model with no quick charge.and his payements are also low.very weird.

I work for bay area dealer he definitely paid a tax just like thed said he may not put as much down but that was just rolled in the payments

samba said:

Leased a 2014 blue SL at the end of June:

State : WA
Sales tax % : none
Leaf Trim, options : SL w/premium package
MSRP : $37,265
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price :
Taxes, Title, Registration : included
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : included
Money Factor (?): "Rate = 00003" "Residual = .42"
Downpayment : $850 (total out the door)
Monthly payment : $298.72/month for 3 years
12,000 miles/year
Residual: $15,651
(no VPP or other discounts)

Thanks a lot to the blog members for your info and help while I shopped.
And thanks to Ray at Magic Nissan in Everett, WA
:)

What is a good lease figures in the State of New Jersey for 24 month and 36 month with VPP lease pricing on the follow models:
2014 and 2015 Leaf SL w/ Premium pkg
Interested in 15k miles/yr but 12k miles will also be fine.
thx

cupidchild said:
What is a good lease figures in the State of New Jersey for 24 month and 36 month with VPP lease pricing on the follow models:
2014 and 2015 Leaf SL w/ Premium pkg
Interested in 15k miles/yr but 12k miles will also be fine.
thx
I am not sure about NJ , but for a ballpark calculation, do this. Take 10-12% off the MSRP for the 2014 and you have a good deal. I got mine at 334/month with 0 down.
I dont have the spec sheet with me at the moment, but for 2/3 year lease the MF is 0.00003 and the resdual is varying from 37-40% for this month ( depending on the car you are getting )
I have a small spreadsheet which I prepared ( customozed for calculating payments ). Shop around and you will get good deals. If you need it, let me know and I will send it to you.
Cheers,

Los Angeles Area: today
2014 Blue SL plus splash guards, floor mats, cargo net, hologram kick plates, safety kit :D

MSRP: $36,420
Gross Cap cost $33,953
Term: 36 months, 12000 miles per year
Down: zero out of pocket
Residual: $14,203
Monthly lease payment: $351.83 including tax

Dealer: Duarte Nissan
Sales person: Matt Mariani
Cell phone:808-497-8196

Matt drove the Leaf to my house in the evening after I came home from work--talk about service. He is a really easy going no hassle guy. I was referred to him by a previous post. This guy is great.

Things I learned this time around:
1. Don't put any money down on any lease. Nissan provides GAP Insurance. If the car gets totalled, you lose your down.
2. Remember to ask for the Nissan loyalty discount of $1,000. I am returning my 2011 Leaf VIN# 3000 something
3. I checked with my Company's purchasing department since we lease many Nissans. Sure enough, I qualified for the VPP program worth $1,000.
4. My 2011 Leaf zero down 39 month lease was $480 per month.
5. With the leather interior and $5500 battery replacement, I may just keep this one.
6. No more 80% charging timer

I was intrigued by the 12% off MSRP ad at North Bay Nissan in Petaluma and called Abel over there. It turns out he owns a Leaf, believes in the product and helped me with the numbers on the 2014 I got from Duarte Nissan (see post above). At the time Abel only had 2015 models and told me to jump on the 2014 I got in So Cal. For the right deal I would have had the car shipped from No Cal.

Get this, he called me this morning to follow up on the sale he didn't make, and shared some more information about the Leaf and upcoming technology. He was very positive throughout.

If you are in Northern California and need a Leaf, give Able a call at North Bay 707-769-7700.

Maybe I am lucky, or maybe Nissan is changing the way cars are sold, but I am amazed at the wonderful sales experience I have had.

Just leased a 2015, and since we don't have an "official" new thread, I'll post it here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi,
I am looking to lease 2015 nissan leaf S with quick charge option, 3 year, 15000 miles per year, vpp program
after checking with 6 dealers in bay area [fremont, ca], the best quote details are below, I am planning to go to dealer tomorrow to finalize.

drive off : $2500 including all paperwork, 1st year registration, 1st month payment, will get back from state later
monthly payment : $177+tax total around $195
all season floor mats free,
nissan charge card free for 2 years to charge at charging stations
3 year maintenace = $600

please let me know if this is a good detail
Thanks

virock said:
Hi,
I am looking to lease 2015 nissan leaf S with quick charge option, 3 year, 15000 miles per year, vpp program
after checking with 6 dealers in bay area [fremont, ca], the best quote details are below, I am planning to go to dealer tomorrow to finalize.

drive off : $2500 including all paperwork, 1st year registration, 1st month payment, will get back from state later
monthly payment : $177+tax total around $195
all season floor mats free,
nissan charge card free for 2 years to charge at charging stations
3 year maintenace = $600
I can't speak to the deal but the 3-year maintenance is a ripoff. Don't bother with it. If you go to reputable dealers, the maintenance over a 3-year period will be less.

Two problems w/3 year 15K/mile year leases to keep in mind: the car's 3 year/36K mile basic warranty will be gone at the 36K mile mark. If you need to pay out of pocket to fix anything, you're spending money on a car you will no longer have, unless you buy it out. You will also likely need to buy new tires before the lease is up, for a car you will no longer have...

I would make the drive off $0. If the car gets totaled, you don't get any of that back. Don't worry about the monthly payment. Look at the total cost of the lease over its lifetime.

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? (Yes, I know you're in the Bay Area.) That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations? We want to make sure that Leaf, esp. the S w/o the hybrid heater is suitable for your commutes/use cases.

Thanks for the update.
1. 60 miles round trip to office 5 days a week.
Mostly for office commute.
2. I may use 12k miles. 15k is just to be safe
3. Couples of my friends who own leaf suggested me to get 3 year maintenance plan
4.0 drive off makes sense as suggested by you.
5. I currently use 2000 honda accord which gives 29 mpg for commute. I can wait for couple of weeks/months.
Pl suggest.
Thanks

Ok. My assumption was visit dealer every 6 months for maintenance and each visit costing around $100 for $600 3 year plan.
If we don't take the maintenance plan, how do we go about maintenance. Leaf does not need it or pay dealer for each visit
Thanks

Back