2011 Nissan Leaf up for auction on eBay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PaulScott said:
z0ner said:
Yes, but that brings up an interesting point. What would be your magic number?

About a month ago, I received a call from someone wanting to buy a LEAF that day. He was pretty adamant about it, so I told him we'd only delivered 8 LEAFs, including mine, and that he'd have to go through the deposit/ordering process and wait about a year to get one. He insisted I sell him mine. I told him it wasn't for sale unless he had $100K. He offered $60K. I then realized he had money, probably a lot, and was serious. I countered to $80K telling him that was as low as I'd go. He split the difference to $70K. I held to my price and he walked.

Paul: IMHO, you made a BIG COSTLY mistake. You should have taken the $70K. When (if ever) I get mine, I'll sell it in a heartbeat for $50K, and deliver it at my expense to anywhere in the lower 48 states. It's only a car, for chrissakes! :shock:

derkraut said:
PaulScott said:
z0ner said:
Yes, but that brings up an interesting point. What would be your magic number?
I countered to $80K telling him that was as low as I'd go. He split the difference to $70K. I held to my price and he walked.

Paul: IMHO, you made a BIG COSTLY mistake. You should have taken the $70K. When (if ever) I get mine, I'll sell it in a heartbeat for $50K, and deliver it at my expense to anywhere in the lower 48 states. It's only a car, for chrissakes! :shock:
I'd have taken $70K. That will get me a Model S ... though my preference would be enough to get me a Roadster.

$70K, man I would take that. That would pay for a second leaf and more! Some people have money to burn for being so impatient, I'm sure he could have found many buyers willing to sell second hand.

EVDRIVER said:
$70K, man I would take that. That would pay for a second leaf and more ...
You mean ... a replacement LEAF ... plus extras (Hawaii Vacation, etc). :p

I would have just pocketed the profit ... err ... put it in "savings" ... (yes, hon, I'll be right there!) ...

evnow said:
I'd have taken $70K. That will get me a Model S ... though my preference would be enough to get me a Roadster.

Funny, I was discussing the whole E-Bay thing with my wife on our commute home today after seeing the post on here, and I had arrived at the exact same conclusion: take the winnings and buy a Model S. I'm not going to deviate from EV's for money alone (which is tempting, since we are both non-profit types, which doesn't lend itself to wealth), but would consider taking the premium and buying the next coolest EV. Both economics (volatility in fuel prices, my belief in the idea of peak oil) and principle (what it takes to acquire foreign oil, and environmental issues) dictate that we should drive on less gas.

I'm shocked. Sell it for more than you paid for it? I can't believe current Leaf owners wouldn't sell their car for MSRP.

:cool:

Two questions?
Why on ebay Volt is selling around MSRP (dealership, federal credit eligible)? Why we discussing it? I want my new, and directly from Nissan.

$70,000? Yeah, long as they had that in cash or some other instant form of payment I'd probably end up taking that.
Two reasons:
- That's alot of money for this car
- Because waiting in line again would mean I'd be getting the newer model with more features.
However I'm not sitting here right now with a LEAF in my driveway or even an order for it and I must say it'd still require a bit of consideration before I'd be willing to part with the LEAF. It's the first mass produced electric car besides the EV1. The thought of what happened to the EV1 happening to the LEAF would scare me of what might happen again and be my biggest "risk" factor when selling; not being able to purchase another electric vehicle.

As for Paul, glad you didn't take the cash and kept the car. Being both an EV activist and a car salesperson it's great to know you drive the very same car you're trying to sell to people or get them to drive instead of ICEs.

Another "Used" Leaf for sale....

http://autos.aol.com/used-detail-8288286602874542044-Nissan-Leaf-2011/

New lowered starting price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180642486951

I'd have taken the 70k and immediately made a deposit on the signature Model S. :)

Actually who knows - I think I'm really going to love my LEAF.

lettcco said:
can you imagine the ebay fees and paypal fees on that? ouch...

Not only that, but the seller would owe a short term capital gain on the sale if he received more than he paid for it.

RE Tax Credit:
Since this person is the first registered owner when the Leaf was put into service, him and him alone will be able to get the $7500 tax credit. The person who buys this Leaf will NOT be able to get the $7500 tax credit.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8834.pdf
From the above: To qualify:
"The original use of the vehicle began with you;"

LakeLeaf said:
LEAFfan said:
$25K now...reserve still not met

Probably set the reserve at $50k :lol:

At least this way he gets to see what people might bid on it - then he can relist with a lower reserve if he still intends to sell it and will take less money.
Or offer it direct to aviod ebay fees :roll:

Back