2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming this is Coulter Nissan, one of three dealers in Phoenix and the only one that has only blue models left in stock:

http://www.coulternissan.com/web/inventory/All_years/All_makes/LEAF/All_body_types/new/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I spoke to them today and they were unenthusiastic about any out of region deals (SoCal) which in turn led to them stating that this deal was for an "ad car" that was no longer available. They offered a payment that was almost $100 more.

Maybe a local can get this deal, good luck.

Yes.

My friend and I both got one at that rate from Coulter, which was a very pleasant dealership to work with BTW.

His neighbor called this afternoon to lease one and was told the deal was no longer available.

I suspect this Nissan corporate dealer incentive is available outside of CA, but that the dealers have to fight for it, and the juice may not be worth the squeeze for them. Pure speculation on my part YMMV.

Not quite as good as others but just another data point for reference:

Southern California
2012 Nissan Leaf SL
Ext Color: Brilliant Silver
Int Color: Light Grey
Options: Splash guards, Floor mats, Cargo organizer
36 Month lease $211.96 plus tax($229.98), No money down. Plus $2500 California Rebate.
Taken Delivery: Nov 10, 2012 (had to wait and extra 2 hours at the dealership while I waited for it to charge)

Again, not the greatest deal but I'm just pretty darn to have it in my garage. Totally new here, so have alot to learn.

Washington State:

$0 down
$255 x 24 payments
$220(ish) WA state registration fees (no sales tax)
$395 lease termination fee

Leaf SL

So the 2 year cost will be $6,735.

chris

x10guy said:

Southern California
2012 Nissan Leaf SL
36 Month lease $211.96 plus tax($229.98), No money down. Plus $2500 California Rebate.
Taken Delivery: Nov 10, 2012 (had to wait and extra 2 hours at the dealership while I waited for it to charge)

Again, not the greatest deal but I'm just pretty darn to have it in my garage. Totally new here, so have alot to learn.

Not the greatest deal? I think yours is the best I have seen: $8279.28 - $2500 = $5779.28 for 3 years, by far.

x10guy said:

Southern California
2012 Nissan Leaf SL

How many miles?

Thanks for the clarification. Also for the several PM's I've received. Now I feel much better about the deal. I've never leased a car before so I wasn't sure how to judge these things. I was going by some previous posts were people were getting it for under $100 a month... but I didn't look carefully at the down.

The lease was for 12K miles a year which the dealer told me is just an average as long as I stay under 36K for 3 years.

hhu168 said:
x10guy said:

Southern California
2012 Nissan Leaf SL

Not the greatest deal? I think yours is the best I have seen: $8279.28 - $2500 = $5779.28 for 3 years, by far.

Picked a Blue SL up yesterday. 24 month 12k per year. $199 per month. $2699 drive off.

Seems like a great value! I estimate I'll save about $100 per month in gas (that's factoring in my additional electricity expenses I'm still saving that much net). So about $100 out of pocket per month for a brand new vehicle!

EDIT: Location Sacramento, CA area

IMHO, CA residents should only sign 36 month lease to take advantage of $2500 CVRP rebate.

And if you are in San Joaquin county should definitely take advantage of the additional $3000 clean air rebate with a 3 year lease..

Both these rebates can bring down the effective monthly lease rate by $152 per month

Hi there - I in Marietta GA and new to the forum. I am so close to taking the plunge on a two year Nissan Leaf lease. GA offers an amazing $5000 tax credit to folks who either buy OR lease a new Leaf. For the lease, the capitalized cost needs to be at least $25,000 to get the full $5,000 credit.

After looking it over, it seemed silly NOT to lease as it would almost (if not totally) pay for itself when you take into account fuel savings. I shopped this weekend and didn't get any great offers. This is what one dealer offered me on an SL (only SLs are available in Atlanta right now):

Term: 36 months
Down payment (cap cost reduction): $3000
Payments: $249/mo +6% county tax.

That was almost $12,000, and even with the $5,000 rebate, that was more than I wanted to spend. I spent some time last night trolling the Internet sites for the dealers in the area and sent a few e-mails. That seems to have helped.

Right now, I have two good deals I am working on:

Deal 1:

Term: 24 months
Down payment: $2,300 (includes cap cost reduction, first payment, tax on the rebate Nissan is offering, tag, title, and any other fees)
Monthly payment: $219 + 6% tax

The total out of pocket on this deal is only $7337 (not including the 6% county tax), and then I get the $5,000 rebate, so it's only costing me a little more than $100 a month to drive the car, and that's before I factor in gas savings. I've not taken into account insurance and am awaiting a quote from my insurance company.

The other deal I have is ever so slightly better (but I am verifying all fees are included):

Term: 24 months
Down Payment: $1,000 (supposedly includes all taxes, fees, etc. outside of my county tax)
Monthly payment: $246.47 +6%

The total out of pocket I calculated for that one was a little less than $7000 (not including the 6% county tax). I am leaning toward that one because it has lower up front costs, and I don't really want to slosh a huge bundle of dough down for a lease.

We'll see what happens though. Does anyone have the inside line on a better lease deal in the Atlanta metro area? I even shopped out of state at a dealer in St. Louis, but when we started adding in all of the items NOT listed in the add, it turned out to be pricier than leasing locally (and I still had to ship the car to Atlanta). :lol:

Anyway, I am very excited about hopping on the EV bandwagon! :D

what is your guideline for your yearly TCO on a car?

wondering because it sounds like even without the gas savings you are making out pretty good.

you pay $12,000 for 3 years and get $5,000 back that is $7,000 or $2333 a year. I have to drop down to a 10 YO beater to get that price.

My Prius I expect to drive it 7-10 years. So if its 10 years my cost was $30,000 so that is $3,000 a year (look at my sig for an idea of gas costs to add)

with lease deals this good I am quite frankly at a loss to understand people's reasoning against it. sure if you lease, you will never own the car but at the same time, if you are looking at the total cost of that car, you cant beat the deals out there right now.

Parting shot; my $3,000 a year for the Prius should be $3,000 plus interest. i paid cash for the car in May 2009. so that is money out of my hands. but they just didnt have decent lease deals when I got my Prius or when i leased my LEAF

AAA had a pretty competitive insurance rate for the Leaf in Southern California. But insurance is highly variable depending on area, age, marital status, record, etc.

ztanos said:
bronson,
I live in Canton, Ga and my insurance company quoted me $1000/ year for the LEAF.

Cool - I just got off the phone with my insurance company, and they quoted me $565 for 6 months. A tad higher than the $1000 you were quoted, but we do have fairly high limits on our liability clauses.

Heck, my 23 year old Toyota truck is $187 for six months, and that's JUST liability (no comprehensive). And we've not had a claim in ages.

Back