2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the market for a 2012 Leaf SL and I was quoted the following:

$227.35 + tax (8.75% - So Cal) with $1,599.05 down
36 months/15K miles yr

I don't have all the specifics but I was just wondering if this sounded like a good deal. I'll know more info about the adjusted cap and residual tomorrow.

rakethoseleafs said:

36 months/15K miles yr

I don't have all the specifics but I was just wondering if this sounded like a good deal. I'll know more info about the adjusted cap and residual tomorrow.

Which dealership in Los Angeles are you dealing wth ?

ALLWATZ said:
>>> House in San Diego @ 45mph to Temecula <<<
Are you insane? The people who drive the 15 frwy are ususally blowing the doors off of slow drivers! You weren't ahead of one of those trucks that say "wide load" were you?

Did you notice the time and day? Saturday early (daylight) morning, between Escondido and Temecula... there is almost no traffic then. Sorry, but this wasn't "crazy". It's only 10mph slower than the big rigs, which would VERY slowly pass me.

>>> 59.2 miles Temecula @ 50mph max <<<
Doable as the 60 wouldn't be a problem but, how did you get over for the 15 frwy where it seperates from the 215 at 50mph. You've got guts man!

Didn't drive on the 60 freeway. 15 freeway to Corona area surface streets to 91 freeway to 71 freeway to Grand Ave. Again, check out the times and day... there wasn't a lot of traffic. Easy.

>>> 40.2 miles Diamond Bar to Newport Beach @ 60mph max <<<
O.K. this must have been the easiest part. I do see you went up to 60mph, must have been after you exited the safety of the 57 frwy and got into the 5 frwy kill zone (if you went that way).

60mph was fine, but obviously I had a "full tank" from my last stop and a short distance to go. I splurged a bit, and paid for it later. The traffic in the OC was much busier at midday Saturday. Sorry, no scary events here, either. By the way, I have had scary events, and they were always some idiot crossing lanes quickly, doing 80+mph. They will hit me at 60 or 45.

>>> 67.6 miles Newport Beach to Vista @ 45-50mph max <<<
This one I don't believe even during this time frame. 40-50 mph on this section of the 5? Normaly the road is full of gonzos trying to make it to Tiajuana. Tell the truth, you have a giant sign on the back of you Leaf saying "I'm changing my tire while driving, that's why I'm driving so slow". I'm just shocked we're not picking your bones out of the weeds somewhere around San Onofre.

I've done this leg quite a few times now at 45-50 mph (not 40-50 as you state) and again, it's 10mph slower than the big rigs. They go around. Sometimes, I'll pull into the left lane and let them pass me on the right, but I find this is not completely safe on a busy highway. For folks who don't know, all these freeways have 3 or more lanes in each direction.

22.1 miles Vista @ 45mph max (varies) to home <<<
This one I believe. Hats off to a brave soul!

This, unfortunately, was required, or I could sit in the Walgreen's parking lot for another hour in the middle of the night. Plus, I made a wrong turn in the OC and added 6 miles to my trip (89 miles total) on the brand new Michelin MXM4 215-45-17 tires. This is probably the LEAST safe leg of the trip, as the drunks are on the roads.

rakethoseleafs said:

36 months/15K miles yr

Check to see if they want any other "drive off" fees? Assuming you mean the following:

(227.35 x 1.0875) x 36 + 1600 = $10,500 for 36m/45k

That is not too bad IMO. Some on this forum have gotten it as low as $9,300 for 36m/36k

I was only able to get them down to $11,500 for 36m/45k

(and California will send you $2500 with a 36mo lease)

jon said:
rakethoseleafs said:

36 months/15K miles yr

Check to see if they want any other "drive off" fees? Assuming you mean the following:

(227.35 x 1.0875) x 36 + 1600 = $10,500 for 36m/45k

That is not too bad IMO. Some on this forum have gotten it as low as $9,300 for 36m/36k

I was only able to get them down to $11,500 for 36m/45k

(and California will send you $2500 with a 36mo lease)

Thanks for the info Jon. At least I know I'm in the ballpark of getting a decent deal. I just have to double check if the drive offs are all inclusive.

I'm excited for my new Leaf! Yesterday I leased a 2012 SL for a total of $6,378.72 for 24 months/30,000 miles. I did it as $265.78/month with a $265.78 initial payment. This includes taxes. Anyone in the Denver metro area should be able to get this price or better through the end of the month.

The quote was $210/month pre-tax but I folded upfront taxes into the monthly payments. Tax rate here is 8.6%.

The fianceé is already planning to drive it as much as she can. :)

PhilRW said:
I'm excited for my new Leaf! Yesterday I leased a 2012 SL for a total of $6,378.72 for 24 months/30,000 miles. I did it as $265.78/month with a $265.78 initial payment. This includes taxes. Anyone in the Denver metro area should be able to get this price or better through the end of the month.

The quote was $210/month pre-tax but I folded upfront taxes into the monthly payments. Tax rate here is 8.6%.

The fianceé is already planning to drive it as much as she can. :)

Congrats! Don't go over 30,000 miles though!!

TonyWilliams said:
Congrats! Don't go over 30,000 miles though!!
I've kept meticulous records over the last 10 years and I drive an average of 14,926 miles per year. It should work out quite well. :) I'll risk the 15¢/mi charges.

dcxplant said:
Phoenix, AZ

New 2012 LEAF SL trim:

24 months
15K miles/year
$1000 down
$163 mo. payment

Mine was:
39 months
12K miles/year
$3,000 down
$363.00 mo. payment

I want to turn mine in for yours.

N952JL said:
dcxplant said:
Phoenix, AZ

New 2012 LEAF SL trim:

24 months
15K miles/year
$1000 down
$163 mo. payment

Mine was:
39 months
12K miles/year
$3,000 down
$363.00 mo. payment

I want to turn mine in for yours.

My 2011 SL is:
39 months
12k mikes/year
$2000 down with $1410 going towards cap. reduction (Rest being 1st months payment and licensing)
$323.56 monthly payment (No sales tax in WA)

It would be interesting to see what the cost comparison between turning in our current leases and leasing a new one would be.

2012 SL with bumper, mats, and flaps
719 out the door - no down
3 yrs 15k miles
Discounted car cover for my travel
Bought trade in at 97% of Edmunds value-cash back
In and out of dealership in 2 hours
$316.88 /mo inclusive
Negotiated through Carwoo

TonyWilliams said:
dcxplant said:
Phoenix, AZ

New 2012 LEAF SL trim:

24 months
15K miles/year
$1000 down
$163 mo. payment

I guess that's hard to beat!!!! What dealer?

Is that kosher to say on the forum? Is this a Nissan forum or a privately owned forum?

My buddy got worried when he saw me post the lease deal, as he wanted a silver or white one instead of blue (only color at that dealer) and they scrambled to find one, poor guy!

He took delivery of a silver SL this evening :D So maybe he won't mind....

I know on some forums like this dealer info like the lease terms/sales price of specific dealerships are verboten.

dcxplant said:
Is that kosher to say on the forum? Is this a Nissan forum or a privately owned forum?

I know on some forums like this dealer info like the lease terms/sales price of specific dealerships are verboten.

Non nissan owned and it's completely OK and encouraged to post specific information for the benefit of the masses.

dcxplant said:
TonyWilliams said:
dcxplant said:
Phoenix, AZ

New 2012 LEAF SL trim:

24 months
15K miles/year
$1000 down
$163 mo. payment

I guess that's hard to beat!!!! What dealer?

My buddy got worried when he saw me post the lease deal, as he wanted a silver or white one instead of blue (only color at that dealer) and they scrambled to find one, poor guy!

He took delivery of a silver SL this evening :D So maybe he won't mind....

most dealers LOVE the free publicity

Back