20 J1772 plugs at Disneyland California!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI... Saturday we went to Disneyland and when we checked in at the Disneyland hotel, the valet said they would be happy to plug the LEAF in, which was surprising considering the no charging experiences reported here on this thread.

At first I thought they had EVSEs for us, but he just meant they would plug in to the 110v outlet. Since I didn't bring my charger, that wasn't an option, but I will bring it next time. I'm able to make the round trip from Los Angeles on a full charge, but I have to drive 60 mph the whole time, which only bothers me because I have to watch in my rear view mirror all the time for speed demons. I'd prefer to drive 70, so next time we go I'll bring my charger!

I would assume they have this same policy at the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier hotels as well.

philipscoggins said:
Found this today while looking around...

http://www.recargo.com/sites/3663/

Philip

If you read this thread carefully you'll see that different people had completely opposite experience with this location. Prepare a plan B and consider that based on rumors QC at Mitsubishi HQ is no longer an option, to be fair it has never been a reliable one anyway.

Disney seems to have no great interest in offering charging at their park... Of late, they have even been unplugging EVs that have been opportunity charging at 120 volt outlets in the main garage on occasion...

philipscoggins said:
Oh, I was hoping these were new locations that Disney had opened up.

TomT said:
Disney seems to have no great interest in offering charging at their park... Of late, they have even been unplugging EVs that have been opportunity charging at 120 volt outlets in the main garage on occasion...
Maybe in the general parking structure, but the Disneyland hotel offered to plug me in. So I think they are evolving.

JustinC said:
TomT said:
Maybe in the general parking structure, but the Disneyland hotel offered to plug me in. So I think they are evolving.
no it really doesn't mean anything - each area is its own private little feafdom. That's why employees are treated differently and why hotel members are treated differently from the general public.

Seems to be luck of the draw / how busy they are that particular day.

All but one of the times that I've gone into the Mickey and Friends garage I've been able to get access to a 110 outlet. However, the last time I went (Wednesday before Thanksgiving - 11/23/12) it was *REALLY* busy and they didn't let me plug in. The parking attendant made it sound like this was a new policy.

15 min at the Mitsubishi HQ CHAdeMO charger got me home with charge to spare.

Our (4) annual passes are about to expire. I'm thinking about telling them that I'll renew my pass as soon as they have an official way to at least deal with L1 charging. We *should* be able to make the RT without it -- well, if we take a major side street to cut off 5 miles each way -- but it's nice to take the carpool lane both ways.

Since they are ChargePoint, I assume it will not be free... And if it is hourly pricing, it could get pricey very fast if you are at the park for the day and forget to come back and move it as soon as you are done charging...

Leland said:
10 new dual J1772 Chargepoint units have been installed on the first floor of the Mickey and Friends parking lot. Units have not been powered on yet.

Maybe they wave the parking fee if you charge?

Anyway, better than nothing. Now, someone call Disney World and tell them they don't want to let Disney Land get ahead of them...

TomT said:
Since they are ChargePoint, I assume it will not be free... And if it is hourly pricing, it could get pricey very fast if you are at the park for the day and forget to come back and move it as soon as you are done charging...

Leland said:
10 new dual J1772 Chargepoint units have been installed on the first floor of the Mickey and Friends parking lot. Units have not been powered on yet.

I have heard rumors of $1.75 per hour.

wow this is awesome news!, i can't wait until they are up. And why would they be charge to pay if it's charge point? almost every charge point public charger i use is free to use( Costco, Anaheim convention center, santa monica third street parking structure).

Maaz said:
wow this is awesome news!, i can't wait until they are up. And why would they be charge to pay if it's charge point? almost every charge point public charger i use is free to use( Costco, Anaheim convention center, santa monica third street parking structure).

Charge Point in Sea World San Diego is pay.

I counted 10 Charge Point stations but with 2 each, so 20 stalls is great!

I called Disneyland last month and asked about Charging stations, at that time they said they didn't have any but that others called asking also. I guess they got the message, 20 is a great start as long as they have their Parking attendants show the way.

At Sea World they tell you to put your Blinking Hazard Lights on and their parking people will direct you.

Lastly, let's hope that they properly paint the parking stalls with the Blue EV parking on the walls.

I dropped them an email here telling them that the EV community appreciates them.

I also gave them tips like having us turn on our Blinking Hazards Lights, this alerts the parking attendant to direct us to where the Charge Point stations are located and also to ensure the stalls are properly marked as EV only.

Fred

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that's awesome! it's funny because i finally decided to send them an email about me thinking about not renewing my pass next year because of the lack of ev charging, and that was last week. So this is very comforting :).

Back