20 J1772 plugs at Disneyland California!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
it is a bummer that Disneyland does not provide a plug yet and i guess they failed to mention that they do have plugs...for employees (pix posted here) as i believe Hill posted a pix of him AND his co-worker Leaf's parked together

but then again. only saw the cars parked therre ...................snip
Oh yes ... our Employee structure got L1, January this year ... just 2 months before we took delivery of our Leaf. There was just enough space for me & the one other EV'er - a mini Cooper. Just a couple weeks ago, they added a bunch more L1's to accomodate as many as a half dozen of us. Counting one of the Exec's Volt, there are 4 users so far. They even gave new signage!

j7ckn9.jpg

I liked the older signs better ... but hey, at least they're making efforts
;)

lonndoggie said:
Ever call that "Commuter Assistance" number?
It's an internal number - designed for employees.

oh ... also ... per the quesion above, here's the old 'EV only' graphics (that I liked better)

154hjs7.jpg

You notice - it's got a 'Leaf' on it. Maybe with the ultra strong GM ties, somebody decided, "we better have none of that!"

:D

The same thought cames to me from time to time as I read certain threads. Some posters do recognize that innovators who are 'ahead of the curve' may have to wait awhile for things to catch up with them. Others seem to think that everything should change to accomodate them post haste.

As for Disney, a theme park is a big operation. Big Big. Big BIG BIG, big - big Big BIG .... Even for one that puts being 'green' high on their priority list, there are many things to do in their operations that have a bigger impact on improving their 'green footprint' than providing charging stations for the negligible number of visitors who might arrive in EVs.

mbutter said:
I continue to be puzzled why so many EV drivers expect free charging stations everywhere.

Yodrak said:
The same thought cames to me from time to time as I read certain threads. Some posters do recognize that innovators who are 'ahead of the curve' may have to wait awhile for things to catch up with them. Others seem to think that everything should change to accomodate them post haste.

As for Disney, a theme park is a big operation. Big Big. Big BIG BIG, big - big Big BIG .... Even for one that puts being 'green' high on their priority list, there are many things to do in their operations that have a bigger impact on improving their 'green footprint' than providing charging stations for the negligible number of visitors who might arrive in EVs.

mbutter said:
I continue to be puzzled why so many EV drivers expect free charging stations everywhere.

Two words: entitlement mentality

LTLFTcomposite said:
Yodrak said:

mbutter said:

Two words: entitlement mentality

Here are two different words from me:
squeaky wheel.

To begin with you're paying $80-100 per person for park admission. Now suppose Disneyland offered these parking options; which would you choose?

• Self parking no charging. First 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15. (Offered now)
  • Self parking with L1 charging in distant corner of a parking lot. First 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15.
  • Valet parking at front gate with no charging. Valet fee $6 plus tip. Parking first 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15. (Offered now)
  • Self parking near tram stop. L2. First 3 hours free, then $8/hour.
  • Valet parking at front gate with L3 QC. Car returned to you with 100% charge. Valet/charging fee $20 plus tip. Parking first 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15.

Next, suppose Disneyland offered no EV charging but Universal Studios and Knott's Berry Farm did offer charging as above. Which theme park would you visit most often?

thankyouOB said:
Here are two different words from me:
squeaky wheel.
I have to agree with this. Of course I'm not entitled to free charging. But I'm certainly appreciative when it's available, and I make no bones about preferring to patronize businesses that provide charging. In kindly requesting charging, I feel that I am, in a small way, helping to pave the way for tomorrow's EV drivers.

On the other hand, going around demanding access to charging like an entitled brat would be counterproductive...

The one where I most enjoy the attractions. The attractions are what I go to a theme park for.

walterbays said:
Next, suppose Disneyland offered no EV charging but Universal Studios and Knott's Berry Farm did offer charging as above. Which theme park would you visit most often?

walterbays said:
To begin with you're paying $80-100 per person for park admission. Now suppose Disneyland offered these parking options; which would you choose?

• Self parking no charging. First 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15. (Offered now)
  • Self parking with L1 charging in distant corner of a parking lot. First 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15.
  • Valet parking at front gate with no charging. Valet fee $6 plus tip. Parking first 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15. (Offered now)
  • Self parking near tram stop. L2. First 3 hours free, then $8/hour.
  • Valet parking at front gate with L3 QC. Car returned to you with 100% charge. Valet/charging fee $20 plus tip. Parking first 3 hours free, then $6/hour, maximum $15.

I know many who'd never grace the door of 6 flags, as often their customers feel like they just entered gangland. On the other hand ... high prices tend to keep the riff raff from ever entering a theme park.
;)

been to Disneyland a lot when i lived there, but twice in past 20 years since moving to WA. both times, we stayed at hotels nearby and walked there. so no parking. we also did Disney packages that gave discounted rates and passes included to other theme parks (CA Adventure next door, the SD Zoo and Lego land is where we went while there) after all, 6 days at Disney is overkill. had no idea their parking was so extensive. was there last Fall. had a great time. most South CA residents will remember the time, but not because i was there.

for the 6 days we were there, temps were perfect. low 80's. the day after we left is the day LA set their all time record high temp.

Here's a neet EV parking - Disney thought;
Even though they just more than trippled our EV employee parking spots, we now have almost enough users to max it out, during some parts of the 24 hour day:

2nrzsrl.jpg

29o4boy.jpg

. . . . and as of yesterday, we have another proud new (silver) Leaf owner - woo hoo!

2eyu8wh.jpg

Chicken or the egg? we got more chickens!

The Paradise Pier Hotel had a small paddle inductive charger on the ground floor, fairly close to the lobby. I used to park there with my RAV4-EV for free. I told them I needed to use the charger and the guard would always let me in without charge to charge.
The closest AVCON charger though was at the convention center, across the street. You can then take the tram from the Lion King parking lot.

mbutter said:
For the thousands, maybe millions, spent on promotion it would not seem that greedy to get $2 out of them when I actually visit and spend several hundred $$.
Anyone know the promotional budget per visiter at Disneyland?

No news here? I plan to visit the park and would love to drive my Leaf there but for a 110+ mile round-trip I will need at least 3 hours of L2 charging to feel comfortable on the way back. There is the QC station at Mitsubishi HQ nearby but I don't want to put all my bets on it, plug levers do get broken as practice shows. There is a ChargePoint station at Anaheim City Hall parking but I'm not sure if my car sitting all day there will be okay, either from the parking rules or blocking the charger points of view.

Back