$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPVLeaf said:
This is why when we had an opportunity to order a 2nd Leaf, we decided to order through Danny at Fontana ... even though they are certainly not the closest. And, this is why I recommended that my co-worker get his 2011 orphan Leaf from Fontana, and will continue to recommend Fontana to anyone I know that is looking for a Leaf.

I love when things just work. And, when people just make things work. Simple, easy, honest and no fuss. Thank you, Danny and crew. :p

Thank you JPVLeaf, we're at your service! :D

I could not agree more with your sentiments!

JPVLeaf said:
This is why when we had an opportunity to order a 2nd Leaf, we decided to order through Danny at Fontana ... even though they are certainly not the closest. And, this is why I recommended that my co-worker get his 2011 orphan Leaf from Fontana, and will continue to recommend Fontana to anyone I know that is looking for a Leaf.

I love when things just work. And, when people just make things work. Simple, easy, honest and no fuss. Thank you, Danny and crew. :p

FontanaNissan said:
JPVLeaf said:

Thank you JPVLeaf, we're at your service! :D
Thanks, FontanaNissan. We'll be there for my car's battery check in a few months.
Then, we'll take you up on the offer for the ride to Victoria Gardens. :p

Thanks, Tom. As a skeptic, I know of which I speak! ;)

I've not previously heard near unanimous praise over a car dealership. But, based on this skeptic's personal experience, friends' experiences, and the collective's experience, Fontana Nissan's got my loyalty ... that is, at least so long as Danny and crew are still there.

TomT said:
I could not agree more with your sentiments!

JPVLeaf said:

I bought my Leaf from Fontana Nissan 5 months ago and couldn't be happier. To my amazement, they sent a check for $1.75 for something they had slightly over charged for, and a few months later a check for $20 for something else they discovered hadn't been calculated correctly. Unheard of from a car dealer! With a dealer this honest, you really can't go wrong.

Hello all –

New 2012 SL Leaf owner here. Just wanted to put in a good – no make that GREAT word on my experience with Fontana Nissan. I had originally ordered my Leaf in May 2010 when they were announced but living in a non-rollout state, Nevada, I have been patiently waiting. A few weeks ago I received my “Time to Order” email and completed all of that. Then began the second round of waiting. I acquired a GE Wattstation from Lowes and have had it installed.

The local dealer here in Nevada is great and his people were helpful and patient but the wait was beginning to finally get to me. The Leaf is replacing my wife’s 10-year old car and we had been waiting 18-mos. The local dealership simply had no cars to sell me.

I saw the Fontana Nissan posting about $2000 off MSRP for the end of the year special and finally decided to call them on New Years Eve morning. I contacted Alex at Fontana who was helpful and informative and willing to ship the car to me in Nevada. After a discussion with the wife and a brief review of the taxes we decided that 2011 would be a better tax year for us to get the car and on New Years Eve we took off from Las Vegas to Fontana so she could pick the one she wanted.

Alex had the cars set up for us, having pre-identified the ones that met our basic criteria. An hour after getting there we were doing the paperwork. No upsell, no switch, no “let me ask my manager” – done per the terms we had discussed on the phone on our way down. The markdown on the MSRP was done as discussed, no hassle.

Frank, the general manager, was friendly and chatty – given that it was after 1830h on New Years Eve and we had driven to Fontana he bought us dinner and let us know that he appreciated our business. The stop through finance was a breeze (we brought our own from our credit union). We finished our meal in the dealership lounge and turned around coming home to Las Vegas – making it home in time to see the fireworks. The car will be shipped to the house next week.

My wife laughingly commented that I never just buy a car, I always make an adventure out of it. Perhaps, but coming in saving thousands over what the local dealers could do for me and finally getting the car was too good of a deal to pass up.

I can tell you that I was amazingly pleased with the service and attention we had at Fontana and I would do business with them again in a second. This is how it’s supposed to be--quick, straightforward and a thank you for doing business with them. Alex, Frank and the folks at Fontana did it right.

EndoGuy
BioDiesel VW Jetta TDI
New 2012 OceanBlue SL Leaf

EndoGuy said:
We finished our meal in the dealership lounge and turned around coming home to Las Vegas – making it home in time to see the fireworks. The car will be shipped to the house next week.
Way cool, and congratulations on your purchase! Now, if only there were DC Quick Chargers in Barstow, Baker, and Primm; then you could have driven home in the LEAF! (But likely not in time for the New Year.)

Still hoping Fontana Nissan chooses to install a Quick Charger eventually. :D

Stoaty said:
I bought my Leaf from Fontana Nissan 5 months ago and couldn't be happier. To my amazement, they sent a check for $1.75 for something they had slightly over charged for, and a few months later a check for $20 for something else they discovered hadn't been calculated correctly. Unheard of from a car dealer! With a dealer this honest, you really can't go wrong.
FWIW, years ago, I received a check (and it was only a few $) from Toyota Sunnyvale for being overcharged for DMV fees (something along those lines). I was very surprised.

Are you guys going to be adding L3 charging? Or is there going to be L3 charging in you area. If so, I could actually do my service there too not just my purchase. :)

Yeah I wish there were more L3 chargers between Vegas and LA. It would be pretty slick to be able to get there in the LEAF. I am sure it will come in time. In the meantime we have the LEAF for local driving and the VW TDI for the longer trips. I have been lurking for quite awhile and this forum cinched my decision to get the car.

Thanks for the great discussions and information sharing.

Endoguy

EndoGuy said:
Yeah I wish there were more L3 chargers between Vegas and LA. It would be pretty slick to be able to get there in the LEAF.
Endoguy

Vegas to LA sounds pretty good to me too. How about Salt Lake to Vegas to LA on the I-15 corridor ?

If they can put QC on the I-5 why not I-15 next ?

KJD

EndoGuy said:
Hello all –

New 2012 SL Leaf owner here. Just wanted to put in a good – no make that GREAT word on my experience with Fontana Nissan. I had originally ordered my Leaf in May 2010 when they were announced but living in a non-rollout state, Nevada, I have been patiently waiting. A few weeks ago I received my “Time to Order” email and completed all of that. Then began the second round of waiting. I acquired a GE Wattstation from Lowes and have had it installed.

The local dealer here in Nevada is great and his people were helpful and patient but the wait was beginning to finally get to me. The Leaf is replacing my wife’s 10-year old car and we had been waiting 18-mos. The local dealership simply had no cars to sell me.

I saw the Fontana Nissan posting about $2000 off MSRP for the end of the year special and finally decided to call them on New Years Eve morning. I contacted Alex at Fontana who was helpful and informative and willing to ship the car to me in Nevada. After a discussion with the wife and a brief review of the taxes we decided that 2011 would be a better tax year for us to get the car and on New Years Eve we took off from Las Vegas to Fontana so she could pick the one she wanted.

Alex had the cars set up for us, having pre-identified the ones that met our basic criteria. An hour after getting there we were doing the paperwork. No upsell, no switch, no “let me ask my manager” – done per the terms we had discussed on the phone on our way down. The markdown on the MSRP was done as discussed, no hassle.

Frank, the general manager, was friendly and chatty – given that it was after 1830h on New Years Eve and we had driven to Fontana he bought us dinner and let us know that he appreciated our business. The stop through finance was a breeze (we brought our own from our credit union). We finished our meal in the dealership lounge and turned around coming home to Las Vegas – making it home in time to see the fireworks. The car will be shipped to the house next week.

My wife laughingly commented that I never just buy a car, I always make an adventure out of it. Perhaps, but coming in saving thousands over what the local dealers could do for me and finally getting the car was too good of a deal to pass up.

I can tell you that I was amazingly pleased with the service and attention we had at Fontana and I would do business with them again in a second. This is how it’s supposed to be--quick, straightforward and a thank you for doing business with them. Alex, Frank and the folks at Fontana did it right.

EndoGuy
BioDiesel VW Jetta TDI
New 2012 OceanBlue SL Leaf

It was our pleasure meeting you. We do appreciate your business. Please give us a call if you have any questions regarding the operations of the vehicle.

cdub said:
Are you guys going to be adding L3 charging? Or is there going to be L3 charging in you area. If so, I could actually do my service there too not just my purchase. :)

Our dealer principle is talking about installing the L3 Charger here at our dealership. Not sure if it'll go through but will post a new thread if we do have it installed.

FontanaNissan said:
cdub said:

Our dealer principle is talking about installing the L3 Charger here at our dealership. Not sure if it'll go through but will post a new thread if we do have it installed.

That's great to hear. I could get my car serviced there AND drive to Mt. Baldy. :)

I tried to send someone your way.... If Connell can't match the price he might make the journey.
You still have free purchase pick up or vehicle delivery in the local area right?

smkettner said:
I tried to send someone your way.... If Connell can't match the price he might make the journey.
You still have free purchase pick up or vehicle delivery in the local area right?

We don't offer free delivery anymore due to the huge discount we're offering. We can pick up your friend if he needs a ride over. :D

Back