[FS] Parting out a 2012 Nissan Leaf, pearl white, 60k miles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgalpin

I am located in Northern VA, willing to ship reasonable sized items, but large items like the hood, doors, seats, etc are pickup only. No dents or accidents. Paint is decent, but not perfect. Interior (light grey) shows wear on drivers door card and armrest but is otherwise good. New tires, but rims are not perfect. Undercarriage rusty so don't recommend anything tucked underneath :)

I am keeping the drivetrain and EV components but everything else is up for grabs. I have a potential buyer for the bumpers, rear passenger door, and nav/display. Everything else is available.

I can text you pictures on request. I do not appear to be able to upload here.

Hey do you have the little flap that separates the back seat from the rear hatch area?
It was already missing when I bought my car.

I don’t believe mine had one. @oilpan4, what year is your car? A 2012 has a big hump with the charger components behind the back seat. In 2013 they got rid of it, and I’m guessing that’s what you have?

I will post pictures of all the parts over the weekend.

Oilpan4 said:
Hey do you have the little flap that separates the back seat from the rear hatch area?
It was already missing when I bought my car.

For what it's worth, you could possibly whip one up pretty cheap/easily:

https://www.instructables.com/Cargo-Cover-for-Nissan-Leaf/

Mines a 2011, they are the same for the flap cover.
I can't think of any other parts I need.
Do you have the LED headlights?

In no particular order, here are pictures of everything (i think).

https://galpin.smugmug.com/2012-Nissan-Leaf

LeftieBiker said:
Upload them to a site like IMGUR and link them here with the Img command in the posting box options.

I had thought paying for Gold membership gave me the ability to post pictures here, but i guess not. At this point it doesn't matter :)

Your description of the rear view mirror says with Homelink - that means you can pair it to a garage door opener, correct? I didn’t see the opening button in the picture. If it does have that capability, I’m interested.

I am so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking! The button has a power symbol, so I guess auto dimming maybe? But no Homelink. I think I just assumed that was it since it had a button.

Sorry again. Description updated to not mislead anyone else.

What am I, 0/13? :D

rt84vhf said:
Your description of the rear view mirror says with Homelink - that means you can pair it to a garage door opener, correct? I didn’t see the opening button in the picture. If it does have that capability, I’m interested.

cgalpin said:
I am so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking! The button has a power symbol, so I guess auto dimming maybe? But no Homelink. I think I just assumed that was it since it had a button.

Sorry again. Description updated to not mislead anyone else.

What am I, 0/13? :D

rt84vhf said:

No problem, I just happen to be looking for one with the remote capability. Good luck with your sale.

I recently installed a HomeLink mirror from a 2014 Nissan Maxima into my 2013 Leaf: https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=31513&p=591777#p591777

I also installed a used Homelink mirror in my 2017 S. I got it at a junkyard for $20 or so and while there are different types of mirrors, I remember nearly all the mirrors were of about 2 types. I don't remember the company (Gentech?) but my mirror didn't come from a Nissan car. I also found the little wire cover for it from a different car since the original one was a tad short.

In other words, you can probably find everything you need to upgrade your mirror on ebay or a junkyard. There are various options but the interchange is quite easy since many, many car manufacturers just buy the mirrors from one or two companies and many of the mirrors are basically identical.

goldbrick said:
I also installed a used Homelink mirror in my 2017 S. I got it at a junkyard for $20 or so and while there are different types of mirrors, I remember nearly all the mirrors were of about 2 types. I don't remember the company (Gentech?) but my mirror didn't come from a Nissan car. I also found the little wire cover for it from a different car since the original one was a tad short.

In other words, you can probably find everything you need to upgrade your mirror on ebay or a junkyard. There are various options but the interchange is quite easy since many, many car manufacturers just buy the mirrors from one or two companies and many of the mirrors are basically identical.

That’s exactly what I did with my car, but my wife wants the same thing so it just so happened that I was looking for another mirror when I came across this thread. I just found one on eBay a few minutes ago and I’ll be putting it in her LEAF next week.

I’m disappointed the SV trim doesn’t have it from the factory but at least they have power for the auto dim so it’s not difficult to wire up the homelink version.

In your original posting, you have/had a potential buyer for the NAV unit but in your Aug 17 photos, it was also included. Is the NAV unit is still for sale? If so, please PM me the price

Back