We have the final numbers (except Fiat 500e).
- 16% reduction in total sales compared to last month as the "big 3" see reduced sales for different reasons
- PHEVs narrowly beat BEV. This will continue until Leaf supply improves and Tesla starts delivering to US in "normal" numbers
- YOY % increase is still a healthy 118% and YTD is still a robust 168%
What is your guess for July ?
- Will Leaf break out of low 2 thousands ? Is their enough inventory ?
- Will Volt maintain its 2500+ sales ?
- What do you expect from first full month of Spark sales - compliance territory or not ?
Here is the recap from June.
- After a few months PHEVs overtook BEVs, mainly because of Volt's renewed better performance and Tesla shifting to EU
- BEVs are selling at 5 times the pace of last year because of Model S & a big jump in Leaf sales
- Leaf sales are still supply constrained as there is only a 35 day inventory with dealers
- Plugin Prius continues to perform poorly compared to last year and Toyota shows no signs of trying to improve things
- Compliance EVs continue to sell small numbers
- Ford C-Max Energi is also performing poorly compared to initial sales last year, with both Fusion & C-Max Energis selling about 400 a month
- It is not clear why Honda is even selling Accord PHEV with sales of just 50 a month.