Compatible Hyundai spare tire

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBC

Hello, today I went to the junkyard and got a spare tire from a Hyundai 300XG I think it was. $50. It fits and the good part is that it is quite a bit smaller than the Nissan Altima spare that is usually recommended for the Leaf. Those junkyards sure are interesting places. It was sitting in 6 inches of water in the back of the wrecked car after all the rain we've had but after scrubbing off the slime it works! It doesn't quite fit in the trunk, you can force it in but I don't want to do that.

Next weekend I plan to be the first Leaf to drive across Vancouver Island from Nanaimo to Ucluelet, now that last week they installed a charging station in Port Alberni. The company Sun Country has installed a bunch of charge stations all across the country and is driving their Tesla Roadsters across.

Very cool to hear they've now got a charger in Port Alberni.. I was out there for the first time just this past April and wished I had more time to explore the area. During that same trip, I noticed a charger out at the Comox visitor's center, so it looks like BC's on a roll! Good luck on your drive!!

MarkBC said:
Hello, today I went to the junkyard and got a spare tire from a Hyundai 300XG I think it was.
That sounds about right. According to the TireRack Web site, wheels for a 2011 Hyundai Sonata have a 5x114mm bolt circle, versus the LEAF's 5x114.3mm. That's a difference of a gnat's eyelash; I shouldn't think there would be any problems dimension wise. Some of the 16x7 wheels (LEAF: 16x6.5) have 40mm offset, same as the LEAF's wheels.

(Insert the usual disclaimers here about caliper clearances.)

Back