I Won the Use of a Nissan GT-R for a Day!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer23

My Nissan Dealer, Connell in Costa Mesa, ran a promotion for people to win the use of a Nissan GT-R for a day for "Friending" the dealership on Facebook. I won! I was wondering whether I had any kind of a "special relationship" with the dealer, but they said that they used a random number generator. So I got lucky, I guess. I should probably buy a lottery ticket today.

So, my friends, being an environmentalist, I should probably pass on the loan of this high performance dino-burner, right? Or pick it up and let it sit in my driveway all day and then return it, right? :lol:

Okay, that ridiculousness being off the table, I need to pick a day. Maybe I'll drive it up to Santa Barbara with the wife. Maybe I'll bring it to a LEAF gathering. Maybe I'll just take off and not be heard from for 24 hours. Maybe I'll end the day without a drivers license.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Boomer23 said:
My Nissan Dealer, Connell in Costa Mesa, ran a promotion for people to win the use of a Nissan GT-R for a day for "Friending" the dealership on Facebook. I won! I was wondering whether I had any kind of a "special relationship" with the dealer, but they said that they used a random number generator. So I got lucky, I guess. I should probably buy a lottery ticket today.

So, my friends, being an environmentalist, I should probably pass on the loan of this high performance dino-burner, right? Or pick it up and let it sit in my driveway all day and then return it, right? :lol:

Okay, that ridiculousness being off the table, I need to pick a day. Maybe I'll drive it up to Santa Barbara with the wife. Maybe I'll bring it to a LEAF gathering. Maybe I'll just take off and not be heard from for 24 hours. Maybe I'll end the day without a drivers license.

Awesome. Congrats! I'd drive it around all day :lol: cost you quite a bit in gas money. I'd say enjoy the ride, be sure to take some pictures and video! /jealous

Boomer23 said:
I won! Maybe I'll drive it up to Santa Barbara with the wife. Maybe I'll bring it to a LEAF gathering. Maybe I'll just take off and not be heard from for 24 hours. Maybe I'll end the day without a drivers license.

Regarding taking it to your next LEAF meeting, Boomer. With a sticker price of around 90,000 bucks, and assuming you have to sign *some* sort of liability waiver, just make sure no one has seen Bill Davis's parking lot video! :D :D

Don't let the terrorists try to turn you to the Dark Side. The best thing you can do in this case is to pm a half-assed environmentalist like z0ner and give the gift to him.

Honestly, I am green with envy. You are guaranteed to have a VERY fun day. Congrats!

Glenn said:
Regarding taking it to your next LEAF meeting, Boomer. With a sticker price of around 90,000 bucks, and assuming you have to sign *some* sort of liability waiver, just make sure no one has seen Bill Davis's parking lot video! :D :D
Ironically, that wouldn't have been the most expensive car in our Leaf meet ;-)

evnow said:
Glenn said:
Ironically, that won't be the most expensive car in our Leaf meet ;-)
Inquiring minds want to know... :eek: :?: :eek:

KeiJidosha said:
Can you take custody at Buttonwillow Speedway on track day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp8zjnUE0E8

I doubt, it. But that video brings home one clear fact. Unless it's on a race track, how the hell can you enjoy a car like that, living in the megalopolis? And that applies to Ferraris, Lambos, and high performance Corvettes, too.

Man, those curves come at you fast on that video! I'm not sure I could handle that s##t!

Any possibility of convincing your dealer to turn that "prize" into a $-equivalent gift towards your LEAF ? Take your pick: free floor mats; a tinting job; free battery inspections after the second one; free brake fluid flushes for the life of the LEAF; etc ... I think you get the idea :)

Are you kidding?! I'd drive the tires off of it if it were me!!!

Boomer23 said:
So, my friends, being an environmentalist, I should probably pass on the loan of this high performance dino-burner, right? Or pick it up and let it sit in my driveway all day and then return it, right?

Nice! The sounds like fun. BUT, from everything I've seen and read, that car is an unrefined monster. Loads of fun, but possibly trouble for an unskilled driver*. Be careful and don't hurt yourself!

* I'm not saying you are - I have no idea. :D

GeekEV said:
Nice! The sounds like fun. BUT, from everything I've seen and read, that car is an unrefined monster. Loads of fun, but possibly trouble for an unskilled driver*. Be careful and don't hurt yourself!

* I'm not saying you are - I have no idea. :D

Well, it is a monster, but it is very refined. Anyone can drive it and have fun if they use their head.

mogur said:
Are you kidding?! I'd drive the tires off of it if it were me!!!

Boomer23 said:
So, my friends, being an environmentalist, I should probably pass on the loan of this high performance dino-burner, right? Or pick it up and let it sit in my driveway all day and then return it, right?

Uh, yes, I was kidding, hence the smiley face. I'm going to really enjoy the day with the car, probably push 10% of its limits, and come back without having scratched the shiny bits or myself.

LEAFer said:
Any possibility of convincing your dealer to turn that "prize" into a $-equivalent gift towards your LEAF ? Take your pick: free floor mats; a tinting job; free battery inspections after the second one; free brake fluid flushes for the life of the LEAF; etc ... I think you get the idea :)

No chance of that, LEAFer. This is one of those dream moments for a confirmed car guy like me. I'd never have had the chance to do anything more than sit in a car like this, so this will be a 24 hour smile-fest for me and my car loving friends.

Whoa! Why, you Lucky Dog! Congratulations.
One day?
When do you pick it up?

- Long and straights? Vegas trip?
- Scenery and ocean breezes? PCH?
- Twisties? Take your pick of local mtn roads.
- Race track? Fontana? Irwindale? Willow Springs?
- Meetup with fellow Leaf owners to help drool, and to send you off on your Day (maybe at the location below).
- Saturday morning Irvine Cars and Coffee?

Whatever you do, be sure to take lots of photos, including one with the GT-R sandwiched between the Leaf and the Prius. :cool:

JPVLeaf said:
Whoa! Why, you Lucky Dog! Congratulations.
One day?
When do you pick it up?

- Long and straights? Vegas trip?
- Scenery and ocean breezes? PCH?
- Twisties? Take your pick of local mtn roads.
- Race track? Fontana? Irwindale? Willow Springs?
- Meetup with fellow Leaf owners to help drool, and to send you off on your Day (maybe at the location below).
- Saturday morning Irvine Cars and Coffee?

Whatever you do, be sure to take lots of photos, including one with the GT-R sandwiched between the Leaf and the Prius. :cool:

Great suggestions, JPV. I especially love the LEAF and the Prius in the picture with the GT-R. That one may become a Facebook signature pic and/or an avatar for MNL.

Boomer23 said:
LEAFer said:

No chance of that, LEAFer. This is one of those dream moments for a confirmed car guy like me. I'd never have had the chance to do anything more than sit in a car like this, so this will be a 24 hour smile-fest for me and my car loving friends.

ENJOY ! :p

Back